Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Clavia Is Up To Something.........

b3keys

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A buddy of mine in Europe told me a bit about it, its called the Nord Wheedler, an electric guitar emulator. It plays notes very fast and keeps getting louder all night long. I guess it even comes with it's own mirror. :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Botch.:

A buddy of mine in Europe told me a bit about it, its called the Nord Wheedler, an electric guitar emulator. It plays notes very fast and keeps getting louder all night long. I guess it even comes with it's own mirror. :thu:

Given the Stage legs deal I'd expect to pay extra for the mirror option.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Originally posted by konaboy:

Originally posted by TinderArts:

It's red??

damn. i just wish they would stop painting their keyboards dinky-toy red. I was hoping that 2007 would be the year when they switched to black.

:(

I like red. :thu:

It makes it really easy to recognize the brand. When you are in the back of the room and you can catch only a glimpse of the keyboards, if you see red, then it's usually a Clavia product. Pretty hard to miss.

The Electro is a nice board. If it was a piece of doo-doo, then red would be like wearing white after Labor Day; a fashion faux pas.

For me, the Electro 73 is first on the list if I was to buy a smaller board. :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I blame the red colour for why my Nord Lead 3 was stolen. Just as my previous car was red and was broken into multiple times, I have decided to stay away from the colour red in future synth purchases.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Ahhhh... the Nord Lead 3. Sorry yours was stolen, but they're in high demand. It was the synth used on Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver," the entire Genesis "Wind and Wuthering" album, and other classics. :P:D

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Whatever Clavia is up to is sure to be really interesting, just as its past offerings have been....

I just hope it's not something I'd want!!!

I feel the onset of Gas... Uggggghhh!! :D

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Saw the ad

It's gotta be a B3 clone.

The blury photo has waterfall keys - the side plate is shaped like a Hammond, top note is a C - and Bruce Katz is one serious B3 player - I loved his work with Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters. Must be a stock photo of Bruce though - B3 in the background - too many keys in front of him to be a B3 clone - probably a piano.

B3 clone. Hopefully it will have two manuals and be Clavia light.

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

It was the synth used on Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver," the entire Genesis "Wind and Wuthering" album, and other classics. :P:D

Wrong.

Dream Weaver was done on a Roland XP-10, and I hear that Tony Banks used nothing but Casio CZ101s on Wind and Wuthering.

:D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by RonL:

Bruce Katz is one serious B3 player - I loved his work with Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters. Must be a stock photo of Bruce though -

I had the pleasure of recording Bruce on piano wil Ronnie Earl (well, I was an assistant eng at the time.) Great player. Ronnie was a bit of a spaceshot though.

Originally posted by mate_stubb:

Anybody got a pic for the Keyboard challenged among us?

The picture of Bruce Katz on the ad is the same as the one shown on the Bruce Katz Band's web page (lower center): http://www.brucekatzband.com/

I don't believe it shows any current or upcoming Clavia product...

Ron, I think you're right about the blurry up close picture in the background...

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Jan. 2007 issue - page 53.

The ad doesn't say shit. I hate teaser ads like that.

All they usually do is get people to speculate, then the speculation turns into a wish list, and the wish list gets so out of control that when the real product is actually announced, it seems like a big disappointment to everyone because they had their expectations set so high.

About a year ago, a pretty reliable source said that Clavia would be coming out with a new board positioned somewhere between the NL2 and NL3.

So I would expect to see something like that in the line-up, as well as whatever it is that's advertised in the Keyboard mag.

I'd like to see them develop some of their current boards (like the G2) a bit more, before introducing anything else new.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

It was the synth used on Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver," the entire Genesis "Wind and Wuthering" album, and other classics. :P:D

Wrong.

Dream Weaver was done on a Roland XP-10, and I hear that Tony Banks used nothing but Casio CZ101s on Wind and Wuthering.

:D

dB

You are both evil and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Originally posted by ABECK:

Remember the Roland "Red" ads last year? HA - buzz, speculation, etc.....and it turned out to be a little amp that they just changed the color on. WOW!

Yep, the bleating of the sheep was an almighty noise last year, to be sure. :thu:

Remember the fallout... the calling for Roland's proverbial head on a pike, for "misleading" the public? :rolleyes:

It would be laughable if it weren't so damn sad. :(

To quoth the genius of mssrs lennon, harrison, starr and macartney

"She's a big teaser, she took me half the way there

She's a big teaser, she took me half the way there now

She was a day tripper, a Sunday driver yea

Took me so long to find out, and I found out"

well I thought it was appropriate.

Archived