Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Comp Volume 12 Liner Notes

b_3guy

Please use this thread to post your liner notes. Here's one from the previous CD to use as an example:

nursers - Little People on a Sunny Day Written and recorded by David Holloway using Pro Tools on G5 iMac, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, Korg Triton LE and various samples. Dedicated to my daughters who provided the initial inspiration but not the responsibility for the bizarre path the song took!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Walls In The Wind (3:46) Music by David Bryce, lyrics by Connor Cochran

Gigi Pasquil - lead vocals

Susan Lowery - backing vocals

Gina Piroli - backing vocals

Mark McCrite - guitars

Nick D'Virgilio - drums

dB - bass, keyboards

Recorded by dB, mixed by dB and Ducky Carlisle

In fond memory of my dog Tiger (who loved to lie under the piano while I played) and my friend Laurie Z (who said it was her favorite piece of my music).

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Evolve (3:38) Composed and performed by Stephen LeBlanc using Cubase SX3 w/M-Audio Firewire410 soundcard. Instruments: DSI Evolver and Martin 000C-16GTE acoustic guitar.

In memory of Diane Jett, Leo LeBlanc, Cookie (our dog who died way too young) and Billy Preston. All had a profound effect on the music I make.

Cold:

Renee "Rain424" Jackson - vocals

Jay "Dafduc" Ricketts - bass & electric piano

Lou Prangler, loop wrangler - drums, percussion, and horns

Lyrics by Dan "VTGreen81" Whittemore, music by Jay Ricketts. In memory of Dan's dad, a fellow musician.

Copyright 2005, 2006 Dan Whittemore, Jay Ricketts, and Renee Jackson. All rights reserved.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

gangsu - Prelude no.7 Op.53 Composition by Nikolai Kapustin, from a set of "24 Preludes in Jazz Style" (1988). This particular prelude was chosen for it's "unflappable" air of quiet confidence and sassy charm. Respectfully submitted in honour of Laurie Z, with many thanks to her friends on The Corner. GEM ProMega 3 Fazioli / SB Audigy
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Last Call was written for my good friend, Steven Boyd. Steve was a son, a husband, a father, and one heck of a musician. RIP, brother.

Piano, elec. piano, bass and drums - Linwood Bell

Flugelhorn, synth - Mark Zeger

Beside Still Waters - An improvisation

Inspired by a short story written by Robert Sheckley, who died in December 2005 - and dedicated with gratitude and respect to the memory of Gino Marinuzzi jr., a great musician and wonderful human being.

Carlo Mezzanotte plays Yamaha VL1m with breath controller, and Kurzweil K2000RS with "Distorted Reality 2" and "Bolder Sound Granular" CD-Roms.

Still Here, Still Gone (4:55) Composed and performed by Geoff Grace.

In honor of my friend Laurie Z, a kind-hearted and talented inspiration who will always live in memory but who will also always be missed.

Piano sound: Ivory (hosted by a Muse Research Receptor).

Copyright 2006 Geoff Grace. All rights reserved.

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Michelle Pollace -- In Love With Ghosts Piano: M. Pollace; Guitar: Abel Zarate. A song originally written about loss of someone special. My grandmother passed away during the making Zarate Pollace Project's CD "Soul Redemption," and I dedicated this recorded performance to her. I feel honored to offer this track to the compilation dedicated to fellow musician Laurie Z. © 2005 Michelle Pollace (BMI), all rights reserved.

***[end liner notes]***

STEVE: Can you please use my real name instead of my forum name (as indicated in above notes)? I'm not sure if that and all the administrative stuff has to be there since it was released previously, but I figure better safe than sorry. Thanks to you and dB for your work on this!

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Baby Blues, Stoo Schultz, solo piano improvisation on a Roland RD 700. Dedicated with respect and gratitude to my brother Rick, a classical guitarist, singer, blues lover, jamming buddy, and all around inspiration, and to his wife Sharon, one of our biggest fans and critics. The name is from the title of one of his favorite Bob Dylan songs, one of the last ones we performed together. I also want to acknowledge Otis Spann (as if it werent obvious), who died at the same age as my bro, also with a lot of music left in him. After Rick and Sharon died, I wrote some music to try to fill the loss and to make sense of it it happened on the way to his 41st birthday party, guests waiting, and they left 4 kids but that music is too hard for me to hear now. For this one I wanted something that pointed towards the good times, and brings back my memory of his blues personality a little attitude, a little humor, often tongue-in-cheek, never taking yourself too seriously. I hope Rick would be amused enough to want to pick up his guitar and show me a thing or two.

Originally posted by stoo schultz:

Hmmmm. . . well that's a bit long and rambling now that I see it compared to the others, I'll be happy to edit it down to a few lines if necessary.

No, no - it's fine as it is.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Ronald Van Deurzen -- Spiritual Touch

A song written during one of the most spiritual moments of my life, composed and performed.

© 2006 Ronald Van Deurzen. All rights reserved.

Brothers- 4:08

Composed,produced, and mixed by George Santorilla at Off Duty Studios, Inc.

Gear Used :All music was played on an Alesis QS6 board, various patches from board were used. Drum machine was an Alesis SR 16. Sound Path: Mackie 32/8 mixing board to Tascam DA88's, to Tascam DA30 MKII DAT to HHb 850R CD burner.

In memory of my brother John who I miss dearly. He was a musician, and a pal who inspired me to keep going in music and in life. This song was composed three days after his passing. I was in tears putting this song together for him.

Peace to you John from brother George, and respectfully to Laurie Z.

Fulcrum Sing Thee To Thy Rest

composed, produced, arranged, and performed by Rick Mealey at Fulcrum Studio, Southington CT, July/August 2006

First half composed, second half improvised. Ensoniq EPS controlled one pass of piano (Jazz Steinway from Garritan Jazz & Big Band). Orchestration tweaked (minimally) in Cakewalk Sonar 6PE and fleshed out with Spectrasonics Atmosphere, Gmedia impOSCar, and Arturia CS-80V and Moog Modular V.

I was thinking about my grandmothers (who left more or less on time) and my cousin Eddie (who left too early) when I did this.

Unforgettable - Music and Words by Nat King Cole

Arranged by Chris Sanchez, Silver Dragon Sound Productions. I arranged the version with him and Natalie, his daughter.

Background

This was my step-father's favorite song. My sister and him danced to this song at the father daughter dance at her wedding. When he heard it at the wedding and my sister went to dance with him, it brought tears to his eyes. I was preparing a CD for him on father's day 2005 and he passed away before then, so I was never able to give it to him. With departures being one of the themes, I wanted to put it on this compilation.

Gear Used

Yamaha S90, Korg Triton Extreme, Korg O1W, Colossus, Sonar PE 3.1, Tascam 2488, Eurodesk SL 3242FX Pro and Sony SoundForge 7

A special thank you to the forumites for agreeing to let me put a copy song on this compilation. You guys are great. :thu:

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by TaurusT:

Cool! Looking forward this. What's next Dave?

b_3guy does the art and I send a master CD to jackpine, who does the duplication, assembly and fulfillment.

dB

I'm just waiting on Janet for the painting.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Archived