Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Americans: Did ya vote yet?

Dan South

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7:30 this morning. It always concerns me that they don't check any ID or verify voters in any way. They just ask for your address and your name, then check you off the list. Anyone else encounter the same setup in their poling locations?

Originally posted by kanker, apparently:

I miss those big old mechanical machines. They were cool.

Third world countries use paper and pencil, we (all countries) could learn from that.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Originally posted by cnegrad:

Third world countries use paper and pencil,
As does my precinct in N.Carolina. Well okay; we use paper and pen....
So does my district in Cali. We basically had to connect two broken halves of an arrow to vote - took about 10-12 strokes of the pen for each arrow.

Really no room for misinterpretation at all. :cool::thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Anyone who's been hanging out on this forum for any period of time knows how I feel about political and religious threads - and yet some people start them anyway.

I guess there must have been one dope who didn't get the memo.

I'll blame special occasion/civic duty and hope that this one remains civil.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I guess there must have been one dope who didn't get the memo.
Ouch.

I'll blame special occasion/civic duty and hope that this one remains civil.
Me too.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Most counties went digital in my area. The biggest complaint I have heard deals with multiple screens. For some people it was not clear that they were supposed to arrow through all the pages BEFORE hitting the vote button. They either thought you were supposed to vote on each page, or that there was only one page and some people were missing. I blame this on programming. The sensible thing would be to not enable the vote button until the last page is accessed just like they do when they make you scroll the end of a license agreement before your software will install.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Interesting time in my area. My best friend is now a school board member. This is his first time in politics and he choose school board because so many people asked him to run. Our school board has made some horrible decisions over the past year and people want them out.

We have a new mayor. The outgoing mayor has no one to blame but himself. It is embarrassing to be at a football game and have the opposition chant Your team stinks and the home crowd has to respond with Thats the sewage plant.

For the first time ever both the judge exec and the sheriff are Democrats. Amazing considering the county is 75 percent Republican. The list goes on and I think people here were just tired of old politics. We finally reached a time when new and old was more important than Republican and Democrat.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Dave Horne:

Vote early and often.

It's a joke. I believe it was a slogan of the now deceased Mayor Daley of Chicago.
If so, he lifted it from James Michael Curley. Seems reasonable that Daley would admire Curley.

I updated it just for Ann Coulter. Vote early, often, and everywhere.

--wmp

There is quite a good turnout here in AZ, where you also have to show valid ID. The ballot is also huge- 4 sheets, something like 20 Propositions, including two competing non-smoking laws as well as two competing Land Trust laws (to preserve land from development).

Originally posted by Dave Horne:

Originally posted by kanker, apparently:

I miss those big old mechanical machines. They were cool.

Third world countries use paper and pencil, we (all countries) could learn from that.
'Twas pencil and paper last time I voted here in the UK.

Used electronic machines last night. Interesting set up actually with only 7 machines which people said were cumbersome and confusing. I found them easy actually. Yamaha can take the credit for that since I had to get used to the Motif's OS. :D

The voting lines were surprisingly very long at 7:30 at night!! I wasn't out of there until around 9:00 p.m.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Originally posted by ABECK:

It always concerns me that they don't check any ID or verify voters in any way. They just ask for your address and your name, then check you off the list. Anyone else encounter the same setup in their poling locations?

Same here in NC. Polls opened at 6:30am. I had to vote before I went to work cause I knew they'd be closed when I got done!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Archived