Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yessssssssssssss....

Dave Bryce

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, you just _had_ to ask that, didn't you? I feel compelled to try to answer.

Franz Schubert, Schwanengesang D.957 Lieder nach Gedichten von Ludwig Rellstab; Heinrich Heine (no laughter, please, yes, a poet of that name really existed!!); Johann Gabriel Seidl. DGG 2531 325, Hermann Prey, baritone, Leonard Hokanson, piano. Recorded live, Schubertiade Hohenems, 1978. Released 1981.

All analog, all the way. It's so good I've limited myself to listening to it only a choice few times over the past 20 years, when I'm really, really ready to LISTEN.

rt

Hmmm, just one, not flavor of the month, not this year's fave, what tune have I always loved, never gotten tired of, has personal meaning, still enjoy playing and hearing after almost 42 years?

Gotta be "America The Beautiful". Great melody and lyric, timeless and relevant. Can be harmonized a dozen different ways and always sounds good. IMHO, this should be the American national anthem. :)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

by The Police.

This song has it all. Killer bass line, incredible drum track, amazing melody and lyrics, complex yet enticing structure, many different textures including piano, analog synth sequence, steel drums, etc.

This song has moved me ever since the first time I heard it and I could listen to it all day and never get bored with it.

Regards,

Eric

Journey

"Don't stop believing"

Damn, that piano intro...

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

"Feelings" by Morris Albert. :P:P:P

WAIT! I WAS KIDDI-OWWW!!! Quit throwing those (ducks) owch!) BANG!!(ricochet sounds)...

I'm leaving! I'm leaving! (Door slams as vase shatters on it)...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Jose Pablo Moncayo's "HUAPANGO".

IMHO the best "Mexican-Classical" piece of music. It reflects exactly the soul of a Mexican Huapango with all beautiness.

If you listen it played by a 80 piece orchestra... hell... :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Frank Sinatra's "Angel Eyes" from Only the Lonely. Of all the Nelson Riddle arrangements that gently smolder and boil in the background, I think this is the most elegantly restrained of all.

Steve F

If wishes were omelettes we would all be filled with cheese, AND HAM.

Hmmm, I never thought of this. There is no song which is my favorite. Difficult to answer! I like forests, but one tree doesn't make a forest...

There is one song which has a lot of musical styles in it. Bohemian Rapsody. I seldom play the album, but if I was sentenced to a deserted island, it would be Bohemian Rapsody.

For the moment! I want to have the right to change my decision for the next three days... This is mean, Dave! :D

First edit: Okay, Bohemian Rapsody was compromise. Rock'nClassic...

Definitly: Accidents will happen from Elvis Costello. This song has the greatest opening line ever: "Oh I just don't know where to begin..."

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Originally posted by Pim:

Dave, what's your favorite?

I can't pick only one.

I will say this - when I was a teenager, I would have answered either "Karn Evil Nine - 3rd Impression" by EL&P or "Icarus - Borne on Wings of Steel" by Kansas. I still really like both a lot; but as far as I'm concerned, there's too much great music and I have too many different musical needs (ifyaknowhatImean) to be able to pick just one piece that's my do-all end-all fave.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived