Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Here's a montage from an album I'm working on. It's called A Curious Rain and I'm hoping for a Summer release...I'm mixing right now.

Enjoy,

Bill

Really clean, full sound, Bill.

I like it.

Kronos 61 | Prophet '08 | Blofeld Desktop

CPS SSv3 | QSC K12

I like it!!

That giant desktop lamp at 2:20 is cool!

I know, right? You can buy them at "War Of The Worlds Lighting Emporium".

:roll:

Tango . . . loved the mood of that piece!

Bill . . . I see this as a movie score, full pieces, no dialogue only the visuals and your music expressing the characters' emotions.

Both of you . . . :keynana::2thu:

So I never do this because you guys are all so good and I ain't so much, and I don't like being sentimental on the internet, but this is different.

Sat at the piano after a long, long day of rehearsals and started playing around in Eb. Just over a couple of chords, then I started thinking about my Grandmother. She's a good old age (84 this year) and sadly seems to be on her way out. It's sad, but she's had a very good life and I've been able to give her a Great Granddaughter, who she sees every week.

I think this was the first time I've ever just sat down at a piano and sang something out through my playing. Nothing has ever come out as natural as this. Just a mixture of happiness and sadness that I actually felt flow from my fingers. Never had that before, and it felt great. I usually take a week to write one line of a song, so to write 4 minutes of music in about an hour was a bit of a shock.

Anyways, it's nothing crazy or complex. I just recorded straight into Logic and did a few takes. No special plug ins either. My rhythm's all out, I'm pretty much hammering the piano, and I found it to be too fast so I took the speed down a bit which led to some phasing, but hey ho. Soundcloud link because embedding ain't working.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

I love the way all of the layers of personality come together to blend on this. I just know if my Dad was still on this side of the veil, he would be listening, too. Maybe he is?

Great job, Tango!

:thu::)

Linda, so happy you feel that way about "Forever We Are".

Thank you.

Kronos 61 | Prophet '08 | Blofeld Desktop

CPS SSv3 | QSC K12

Always nice to check in on this thread and hear what you guys are up to!

Here's a long overdue post from yours truly:

From late summer 2014 into spring of 2015, I was involved in a bunch of recording sessions for an album for my friend Tim, who is a talented singer/songwriter and one hell of a guitar player. In addition to keys, I played trumpet (and soprano trombone on one tune) and I took the photo used for the album cover as well as promotional photos. I was pretty busy to say the least :laugh:

We worked with a great producer/engineer who is a wiz with Melodyne, so if anything I played sounds good (especially trumpet stuff) it's all because of him!

You can check out the full album here: Josephine and Assorted Train Songs by Tim Vitullo

A few notes on a couple of the songs:

The New Year - This was my best performance on trumpet on this album. My chops were really cooperating during that session

Brick - Cool cover of a Johnny Morrisette tune. About 2/3 of the way through is a really fun part - we wrote this crazy-go-nuts horn break. If you listen closely, you'll hear the soprano trombone (aka slide trumpet)

Pretty Good - A John Prine cover. This one has a keyboard solo in it! The producer stitched together a couple takes, though I don't blame him because I was having a tough time getting through the whole thing without either screwing up or playing something really lame :laugh:

Black & White Wonderful - My personal favorite track and performance on this album. Nothing too fancy, just some nice simple rhythm parts.

All the keyboard sounds are coming from a Nord Electro 4D. For you trumpet nerds, I'm playing a Bach Strad with a 43 bell and inverted lead pipe with a Schilke 18 mouthpiece. :cool:

Just wow!

I really love Tim's lyrics on those songs. My two personal favorites which I shared to Facebook were "Brick" and "Black White Wonderful".

Well played everyone, well mixed by the producer.

That photograph also expresses that little echo of days gone by and mood of contour and texture that I have come to know from your wonderful photographs on Flickr.

:boing::2thu::)

Just wow!

I really love Tim's lyrics on those songs. My two personal favorites which I shared to Facebook were "Brick" and "Black White Wonderful".

Well played everyone, well mixed by the producer.

That photograph also expresses that little echo of days gone by and mood of contour and texture that I have come to know from your wonderful photographs on Flickr.

:boing::2thu::)

Thanks Linda! As always, you're too kind :)

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since I last posted a track here, 10 years or so!

So here is one of my new tracks

It is meant to bring up memories of warm summer evening in 1976 with Mellotron Strings, Mellotron 8 voice choir, Mellotron Flute and Hammond Organ.

Recorded with a Nord Electro 3.

Excellent, Ian! Yes, it captures the feelings of what I remember when I would finally just chill on the front porch under the morning glory trellis as the sun was setting, glass of my favorite iced tea in hand, reflecting on life, work and what the future would hold.

:2thu::love:

Here's a video of my trio performing "Jingles" by Wes Montgomery.

Venue is Bar 303 in Melbourne, Australia.

Darren Heinrich - Organ

Sam Rollings - Guitar

Tim Firth - Drums

[video:youtube]

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

You guys are very impressive, Darren! I also love the lighting and camera angle (you are out front of the camera and not shoved to the back).

:thu:

I like being able to see what is going on outside as it lends to the atmosphere of your location.

:)