Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

In a Sentimental Mood (Duke Ellington). Blowing over the first two A sections, melody on the bridge and out. On a super nice Fazioli 228 at Pierre's Fine Pianos a few weeks back. As always for best audio, listen with good phones or studio monitors.

• Like 8

Greetings. It's been a while since I've posted on Keyboard Corner after all the excitement died down from NAMM 2024. Anyway, I uploaded to SoundCloud a comprehensive list of solo instrument sounds from the Yamaha Genos in a live demonstration that includes basically every category of sounds including Pianos, Electric Pianos, Organs, Strings, Guitars, Basses, etc. At the very end, I include an actual song demonstration with a Funk Alto Sax from the Genos. Btw, I realize most members of Keyboard Corner use traditional workstations, digital pianos, and/or synthesizers, but there may be a few members here that might be interested in arranger keyboards. Yamaha recently released the Genos2, but I decided to hold off because it seems Yamaha took two steps forward and one step back with the Genos2, in my opinion. It's still an excellent option, but I'll wait until Yamaha comes out with a Genos3 which will hopefully be what the Genos2 should have been. But enough of that. The original Genos is still quite a powerhouse, and you can snag one in mint or excellent condition for thousands less than the Genos originally sold for just a few months ago before the Genos2 arrived on the scene. I've seen them priced as low as $2,500. They were selling new for $5,999.99. Thanks if you happen to have a listen. 

• Like 1

Here we go.  Feeling a bit retro-active lately!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

On 2/23/2024 at 10:27 AM, SamuelBLupowitz said:

I'm chomping at the bit to start sharing the studio recordings I've been making with Pocket Bandits, my organ trio, but in the meantime, this was so much fun I wanted to share it.

We've been doing some shows in a small listening room/taproom in town where we play two short sets of our own music bookending a set backing up a different singer-songwriter and interpreting their original music. Then we've been bringing the guest artist back up for a cover as an encore.

My collaborators were kind enough to entertain my love for musical theater so our friend Joe Gibson could let 'er rip on a number from Jesus Christ Superstar. I whiff the organ solo in the middle but otherwise, not bad for one rehearsal.

That is so awesome, you guys killed it! And clearly had fun in the process. And it sounds like a really cool scene you have going on. Looking forward to the Pocket Bandits recordings!

• Love 1

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Blues in Gi (Girona) - A covid lockdown improvisation (I was living in Girona, Spain, we were all locked in for 3-4 months), which in the end turned out to be a nice little blues. Drums, unknown loop randomly used for jamming. Recorded live with my phone in my room (!).

Fretless bass and guitar by my friend, who did his part locked inside his home, I think in Garageband or Logic, thank Dogs for the internet! 

😃

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

From the most recent live-in-studio video shoot one of my bands did.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Not the place to post classical music but I've been spending a lot of time on this forum, while barely touching my piano, have not been playing with the amateur band for months, and I've been feeling a serious apathy lately. So, had to force myself to learn a new piece today and record it. Well, better post it then, right... 🤨

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Ehm, after all this great music, difficult to post :).

But i would like to share my progress on the melodica with the community. Again a concert with my class at  the American School of Modern Music in Paris.

coached by Aneta George.

First video is Spleen by Richard Galliano:

Second Video: Beatrice (Sam Rivers) and Happy People (Kenny Garret): 

Thanks for listening :).

Maurizio

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

On 3/21/2024 at 2:43 PM, CyberGene said:

Not the place to post classical music but I've been spending a lot of time on this forum, while barely touching my piano, have not been playing with the amateur band for months, and I've been feeling a serious apathy lately. So, had to force myself to learn a new piece today and record it. Well, better post it then, right... 🤨

hey CyberGene, based on this piece, I dug into your yt channel, some really nice stuff

• Love 1

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Al, thanks a lot. Yes I have a special place in my heart for Skylark.

I've probably played a half dozen CF6s since they were released and this particular one was the nicest by far. So between this CF6 and the new CFX Concert grand I played at the Sherman Oaks location back in Dec., these two were easily the best Yamaha pianos I've ever played in my life. They both had a rich and really sweet tone to them.

The new manager there at Santa Monica said they had just gotten this CF6 in to replace the one that was bought in Jan. by the great session / studio player Craig Doerge. A name I hadn't heard in awhile but did I ever listen to him a lot on all those records from the 70s.

Thrilled to release the debut track by my long-incubating (but only recently getting out and gigging) organ trio, Pocket Bandits. It's a little prog, a little fusion, a little funk, and a really exciting new challenge for me as a player (no vocals! Covering all the bass parts! Lots of melodic playing over weird changes both harmonically and metrically!).

We're trying to get this band outside of our little hometown music scene as much as possible, and any streams, shares, plays, or engagement in general really, really helps. I appreciate the support of this community (and I know all y'all love some proggy Hammond and synth-heavy tracks).

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Mostly a lurker on this forum, but inspired by @SamuelBLupowitz posting his new organ trio, here are links to a new trio I am in where I'm playing mostly Fender Rhodes. We just put up our first single on all the streaming places. Band is called The Metrocenter and it's all instrumental, non-jazz, soundtrack-y stuff. Like Khruangbin but, you know, with a Rhodes, and easier to pronounce. 

https://themetrocenter.bandcamp.com/
or
https://open.spotify.com/album/1lT5asljMBa4HY0gGEno8J?si=MvXhcYEjSdehjWMnFGH0KA

And you can do all the social following stuff here: 
https://www.facebook.com/themetrocenter
https://www.instagram.com/the.metrocenter

• Love 2

On 4/5/2024 at 7:22 AM, SamuelBLupowitz said:

Thrilled to release the debut track by my long-incubating (but only recently getting out and gigging) organ trio, Pocket Bandits. It's a little prog, a little fusion, a little funk, and a really exciting new challenge for me as a player (no vocals! Covering all the bass parts! Lots of melodic playing over weird changes both harmonically and metrically!).

We're trying to get this band outside of our little hometown music scene as much as possible, and any streams, shares, plays, or engagement in general really, really helps. I appreciate the support of this community (and I know all y'all love some proggy Hammond and synth-heavy tracks).

Cool stuff, dude! Proggy, Synthy, Hammond-y, jazzy stuff is totally my wheelhouse. Definitely looking forward to more material!

• Love 1

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

2 hours ago, cbhathco said:

Mostly a lurker on this forum, but inspired by @SamuelBLupowitz posting his new organ trio, here are links to a new trio I am in where I'm playing mostly Fender Rhodes. We just put up our first single on all the streaming places. Band is called The Metrocenter and it's all instrumental, non-jazz, soundtrack-y stuff. Like Khruangbin but, you know, with a Rhodes, and easier to pronounce. 

https://themetrocenter.bandcamp.com/
or
https://open.spotify.com/album/1lT5asljMBa4HY0gGEno8J?si=MvXhcYEjSdehjWMnFGH0KA

And you can do all the social following stuff here: 
https://www.facebook.com/themetrocenter
https://www.instagram.com/the.metrocenter

Nice track, would love to hear more!

• Love 2

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

This is a little longer video then I usually do. It was around 1 AM the other night after futzing all day trying to get this iRig Pro Duo working with my DPA 4011s. It was working perfectly for awhile, I did a couple short test takes and it sounded good. But for whatever reason it stopped working and I was getting jittery/ distorted audio.

So being super frustrated and tired I said F it, and went back to the iPhone 14 mics and made this take of the great Luiz Bonfa tune, "Gentle Rain". What an interruption in the creative flow and total groove killer messing with this tech stuff. :(

New video from Citizens of the Universe, covering Silk Sonic's 777 last April at the Old World Center in Corvallis, OR:

I take a Rhodes solo here that I'm pretty happy with. It's a fun tune, and, imho, a pretty killer band. We'll have some more videos from the same gig going online over the next few weeks/months. If you feel like it, hit the subscribe button on YT. 

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

• 2 weeks later...

I've been writing quite a bit of retro-themed stuff over the last year, so a couple of days ago, I decided to put an EP out on Bandcamp.

"RetroActive"

https://justinhavu.bandcamp.com/album/retroactive

• Like 3

Hardware

Software

5 hours ago, Justin Havu said:

I've been writing quite a bit of retro-themed stuff over the last year, so a couple of days ago, I decided to put an EP out on Bandcamp.

"RetroActive"

Nice, loved it from the first bass synth sound! Great stuff!

• Like 1

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

5 hours ago, Justin Havu said:

"RetroActive"

Nicely done… Very retroactive!

Always puts a smile on my face to see/hear a Korg KARMA being used, as on: In Perfect Peace

Stephen’s creations before and especially with Karma-Lab seem like hidden gems, waiting to be “rediscovered”. 

PEACE

_
_
_

• Like 1

When musical machines communicate, we had better listen…

http://youtube.com/@ecoutezpourentendre