Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Scottasin . . . thank you for letting me know which microphone as I may have figured out some of the lack of dynamics.

You may need to increase your gain on it. This was a good microphone choice for home recording as it tends not to pick up on all of the outside interfering sounds, but it also dampens your voice a bit.

It also takes a lot of tweaking if each individual instrument and vocal is going on separate tracks to get it right.

Even with non-musical, I run into this when I have three or four different characters on the show. Everyone is recorded separately and then I spend a fair amount of time getting their volumes to match up and timing to where it sounds like real time conversation.

I have two recording programs I use depending on what I am doing, Audacity (which is free and comes with a ton of effects) and NCH which to me provides almost the same effects as Audacity but is easier to EQ each track and move things where they need to go (pull together, push apart, copy and paste, trim, fade in and fade out . . .)

Not sure what you are using, but let me know how you are getting on in your ventures!

:)

hey, thanks for the input! I had the gain on my recording interface (Akai EIE) nearly cranked to get what I did out of the mic. Any higher and I was ending up with clipping the input. I go from essentially nothing all the way up to about 90% and in that last 10% its tough to dial in. Also, I'm new to singing into mics as well, so avoiding pops on some of my consonants is still a bit unfamiliar. I've been using Garageband to record with (although i also have Audacity for other simpler editing tasks) because I like being able to record to a click. Audacity doesn't have a metronome in it, right?

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words. If my gnarly, arthritic fingers can make these work, imagine how a younger dude can sound! For mini keys they are very playable. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Yamaha hit a home run with this line.

Jake

I of course agree with your "home run" assessment. I've decided to get a YC soon, and a CP soon after.

As for the performance, awesome! I wish my hand independence was that good.

That was also one of the best non line-in sounds I've heard for this sort of YouTube video.

Stage: Korg Krome 88.

Home: Korg Kross 61, Yamaha reface CS, Korg SP250, Korg mono/poly Kawai ep 608, Korg m1, Yamaha KX-5

• 3 weeks later...
My band has been playing together for a little over a year. We finally recorded ourselves. I'm the keyboard player.

Sounds good!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Alright, I'll venture into the fray. I play keys and guitar in a Kansas tribute band that is cleverly named KansAZ (from Phoenix no less!). A semi-live recording of one of our more difficult and proggy songs:

we have some more if you're interested. The link to our YT channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNGXFCMnSaAy5Iz0v2f5uGQ

View, like, subscribe!

And if anyone can tell me how to get youtube's to play within a post please PM me!

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

I hardly ever wander in here (you jazzer's are too intimidating :laugh: )

But every time I do, I'm blown away by the talent that hangs out here. Doug Robinson, Dave Ferris and always Linwood. Really really nice work. (Where's that "Hats Off" emoji when I need it).

Did a Billy Joel / Elton John tribute night last night to benefit Tri-City Christian Academy's music department. It was fun indeed.

[video:youtube]

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

This is a home recording of a couple of songs that me and my wife recorded a while back, that were created from a couple of her poems. I also talked her into singing them since they were her lyrics, and I did the music. She had not done any singing before so it took a bit of convincing, but I think she did pretty good for her first time.

This is a couple of the songs from the band I'm with. I want to give everyone a heads up that it is very heavy Christian metal.

I'm not sure how many on this forum will like this kind of thing and that why I warned you first, so if you still want to check it out here they are.

Here's a crazy little thing, a departure from my usual domain. My kids had their piano recital today. Their teacher (playing double bass in this vid) usually asks me and my (soon-to-be-ex) wife to join her in playing something at the end of the recital. This time it was the first movement of Claude Bolling's Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano, though in this case it was actually violin and not flute.

Piano's out of tune, and if you know the piece you'll notice that I find an excuse to leave the chart at every opportunity. But I still thought it might be fun to post.

I take a couple of small solos, one that sticks close to the written one at about :30 and one that blows over changes at about 1:35, plus a cadenza at about 4:40.

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ysYuIk00s

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Here's a crazy little thing, a departure from my usual domain. My kids had their piano recital today. Their teacher (playing double bass in this vid) usually asks me and my (soon-to-be-ex) wife to join her in playing something at the end of the recital. This time it was the first movement of Claude Bolling's Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano, though in this case it was actually violin and not flute.

Piano's out of tune, and if you know the piece you'll notice that I find an excuse to leave the chart at every opportunity. But I still thought it might be fun to post.

I take a couple of small solos, one that sticks close to the written one at about :30 and one that blows over changes at about 1:35.

Dude! :laugh: That's awesome. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

And now for something completely different :Python:

Definitely not Jazz, and no wicked chops displays or novel chord progressions.

I'm doing more Beta testing for a plug-ins company (can't say what yet) and started listening to 3 new ones on various short bits. I started really liking the sound I was getting with one on a little four bar pattern, and I liked what I was getting with another on a "slide" guitar sound against it. Next thing I know, I've strung more stuff together and having a fair amount of fun. Pretty soon I realized a drum track and a "solo" on something and I'd have something I liked, even though I'd never be able to do anything with it (not like I could add lyrics and have a Country song :laugh: )

So I thought before I toss it into the pile with "the others", I might as well let my friends on KC hear it.

Clonk

not like I could add lyrics and have a Country song
Are you sure or were you joking? Lyrics on this would be even cooler than what you have, and what you have is pretty cool. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hey Steve, that is pretty cool, and I'm sure you could come up with some country lyrics. It's usually something about your wife left, your dog left, you truck broke down or got keyed, and something got hit by a train, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit.

"I think that's how they go" :)