Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Music

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Nursers, Bunny says the ARP track is working fine for him, so no worries - we'll grab that off his disk.

No probs - you got the hammond part ok?

I've got it, but have not tried to uncompress it yet. I'm d/l one of Tedster's tracks, and Fox is using my wi-fi with his laptop to get the other one. I got Dave Sisk's bass track, and as I said, Bunny has the ARP track on a disk and he says he knows it works.

I had to re-try Ted's gtr parts because both stopped at 60 some odd MB's... it might have been my fault.

Phil, the OH info was in a previous post. :P

Anyway...

tom1...1st rack

tom2...2nd rack

tom3...floor

OH1 drummer left; hat, crash snare, etc.

OH2 drummer right; crash (ride if I'd used it)

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

I uploaded a lead over the chorus. That progression was just so great to play over! I felt so much less stressed on this part, too.

Now I feel like re-recording that rhythm part without rushing it, but I think I might just pass out now.

I really don't know what to put here.

Originally posted by Sylver:

I uploaded a lead over the chorus. That progression was just so great to play over! I felt so much less stressed on this part, too.

Now I feel like re-recording that rhythm part without rushing it, but I think I might just pass out now.

I see it in the Incoming folder, but Nursers needs to move it into the PUB folder before I can d/l it.

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Originally posted by Sylver:

I see it in the Incoming folder, but Nursers needs to move it into the PUB folder before I can d/l it.
Done :thu:

Well, since Phil's typically up at the crack of noon, and he's got guests, and they not only probably had a little NYE celebration but kept assembling, processing, and maybe a bit of mixing overnight...

...I imagine there's a small pile of bodies at Phil's, snoring very loudly and keeping the dog awake.

You guys are all swell, just swell! And the attitudes are great!

To that end, allow me to tell you a story. A couple of years ago, I went back to my old Port Huron, Michigan, stomping grounds for Thanksgiving. A buddy called up while I was there and asked me to come over and lay down a guitar solo for a CD he was working on. So, I went over, he and his wife graciously stuffed me with pot roast and taters, and we retired to his den/studio to get about recording. He handed me a Strat, played me the tune. Hmmm...not your usual chord changes, and I wanted to do something a bit different. So, for about half an hour, I did dry passes on it, 'til I felt I had an outline of what I wanted the solo to do. Then he hit record, and I spent probably another 20-30 takes getting it "right". :eek:

About a year later (yes, us old farts work slowly) I got a copy of the CD. My solo wasn't used. :D (shrug) Well, that's show biz. I got a pot roast dinner and some good hang-time out of the deal :D .

My point is that everyone here is a participant...every one has given a lot to make this project come to fruition. So, if your solo or part doesn't get used, it doesn't mean you didn't contribute. I'm honored that you all chose my song, but if someone else's song had been the choice, and my parts didn't make it, well, if it was for the greater good of the project we're focusing on, it would be fine. And I think I've gotten that from everyone, which is way cool. You all are the best! Wish we could offer everyone a pot roast dinner. ;)

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I quite agree ted :) all ego's were left at the doorway on this one. Everyone got that down, from the start. :cool: Makes for a great collaborative environment!

This past few days have been alot of fun, watching this beast unfold!!

Of course the cause has everything to do with the vibe here.

If I had to guess I would say that the mixing crew is bunkered down and maintaining radio silence during the mixing project. The less distractions, the better.

I bet they haven't slept at all either.

Of course there are too many parts for them all to get in there. Just being involved has been cool for me.

I really don't know what to put here.

Originally posted by Chris_C:

I quite agree ted :) all ego's were left at the doorway on this one.

yes, but now the neighbors are complaining about the mess in the yard and on the porch. Could someone please go out and at least tidy them all up?

Nope...haven't heard it yet. I don't think it's done.

And, truth be told, I'm still wondering if the vocal tracks I sent Phil were good enough. We'll see. (sound of clock ticking)...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by offramp:

Originally posted by Chris_C:

I quite agree ted :) all ego's were left at the doorway on this one.

yes, but now the neighbors are complaining about the mess in the yard and on the porch. Could someone please go out and at least tidy them all up?
Can everybody please remember to collect their ego's again on the way out, dont want the neighbours complaining. And make sure its your own one as i picked up tedsters by accident last time, and it was far too small.

Archived