Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Saw Joe Muscara today

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on here.  Joe and Lori were in St. Louis today for a Jazz workshop and we were able to meet up - it was good to see him again and he talked me into getting back on here.  This place looks a lot different than it did a few years ago!

• Like 23
  • Love 5

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

And let me just say that Joe is such a great guy!  It was great sharing family stories and getting closer - this was the 3rd time we had ever met face to face and first time I ever met Lori after hearing about her for years.

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

9 minutes ago, J. Dan said:

And let me just say that Joe is such a great guy!  It was great sharing family stories and getting closer - this was the 3rd time we had ever met face to face and first time I ever met Lori after hearing about her for years.

Great stuff, welcome back and Joe is indeed a great guy :thu:

• Love 1

Welcome back Dan! It was great to see you again and I’m glad I had some time in St. Louis to meet up with you. Thanks for the kind words, but I think you have me confused with someone else as far as that. :D 

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Welcome back, Dan! I have enjoyed following some of your musical threads over on FB.

You're right, Joe is a great guy! It had been a while, though was happy to reconnect with him at NAMM this year at the Buca hang. I believe the very first time I met Joe was about 15 years ago. I was in Houston on a business trip. Joe and Lori picked me up from the airport and took me out for some delicious BBQ and then we went back to play some keyboards at their house. Somewhere along the way, Joe bought a keyboard from me during a hurricane and the thing was destroyed while with FedEx in transit. We eventually sorted out the insurance and all of that fun stuff. Glad to have Joe as a friend through all of that!

• Like 1

Dan, you have a lot to catch up on.  First off, there's Lachy Doly.  And also . . . hm . . . no . . . I guess just Lachy Doly.

There you go, you're all caught up and can pick up where you left off doing what you do best, starting thoughtful threads on useful topics.

• Haha 4

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I met Joe a few times about 15 -20 years ago when I lived in Houston. He recommended KC to me. He's a good dude. 

• Like 1

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

17 hours ago, J. Dan said:

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on here.

Long time JD.  I just want to know if the Alesis Fusions and Akai S3000 have been retired.🤣😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

2 hours ago, Piktor said:

It’s nice to see you back Dan. It’s funny that you should return just before Halloween, since you left your Halloween pic up when you left. Do ya think that you might change it eventually? Asking for a friend. 😁

If I can remember the login to the server where I hosted the pic, lol.

Dan

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

Long time JD.  I just want to know if the Alesis Fusions and Akai S3000 have been retired.🤣😎

The fusion and S3000XL have been in storage for a long time!  I’ve been using the Kronos since it came out along with an A70 for a 22nd tier.

• Like 1

Dan

How synchronous :) I Last week I ran across an old thread from a few years back, saw some of your posts, enjoyed them a lot, and hoped you'd return at some point. And here you are! Welcome back, and yeah...the place is quite a bit different than it was a few years ago...Brother Dave gets a lot of the props for that.