Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please, share videos where the keyboard player is clearly seen and heard

Jose EB5AGV

• Like 1

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

• Like 1

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

5 hours ago, ewall08530 said:

I used to catch Walter Wolfman Washington at the Snug Harbor in the Faubourg Marigny area in New Orleans back in the 80's when I lived there. I read that he passed away a few days ago. RIP. 

• Like 1

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

"The piano is a collection of 88 drums" - Grandmaster Terry Adams

"Notes are overrated" - CEB

• Like 2

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

On 12/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, Reezekeys said:

An edited (for semi-brevity) clip from a rare (for me) gig leading my own trio, about 5 years ago. A couple sax players came by & sat in. I'm not seen that much but you can hear me - not sure if that's a good thing or not! 🙂 

Don't try to follow it! My standard disclaimer applies - "warning - jazz!" 🙂  I'm also not too happy with my technique that's on display here, that's for sure. Still working on it!

“A couple sax players came by & sat in.” …and I see Bill Evans and Mark Egan standing right behind him. You win the award for modest post of the year. 
Sounds great, btw. 

• Like 1

Good catch! Yes I am fortunate to know those guys, and was lucky that they live close to me and weren't busy the day of this gig. BTW the other sax player is Roger Ball, one of the founding members of the Average White Band. The drummer is Thierry Arpino, who used to play with Jean-Luc Ponty and now tours with the singer Lisa Fischer.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Reezekeys said:

Good catch! Yes I am fortunate to know those guys, and was lucky that they live close to me and weren't busy the day of this gig. BTW the other sax player is Roger Ball, one of the founding members of the Average White Band. The drummer is Thierry Arpino, who used to play with Jean-Luc Ponty and now tours with the singer Lisa Fischer.

Thanks for the additional info. I was wondering. 

On 12/23/2022 at 6:51 AM, Reezekeys said:

The visual always takes precedence. How many amateur u-tubes have you seen of a band performing with the camera focusing on whoever is soloing, except when it's the keyboards!

Advantage of a keytar. I saw The Eagles back in the 80's for the first time when I was unfamiliar with who did what. I was oblivious to the spotlights on Henley playing drums. I eventually got it, "Oh! the drummer is singing!"

• Like 1

YouTube - My YouTube Channel (please subscribe for music tech info)

https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - majesticstudios_jld

Former Keyboard Tech -

PRINCE

Cassandra O'Neal 

KING (We Are King)

Majestic Studios - Audio Recording & Mixing Engineer

i'm not a pro... well... I'm not a musician 😁

but here you can find some videos of mine, and you can see and hear what I'm doing 😁

no editing, so what you see is what you hear (including wrong notes, etc...)

for some videos there is the "making of" version too, with the still camera take (I play all single tracks from the beginning to the end, usually just one take and that's all).

examples:
(full final mix in video infos)

(full final mix in video infos) 

and the keyboards tracks only...

happy new year! 🥂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went yesterday to a concert in an small venue (a Club), which was really wonderful. It was an 80s remember concert by La Banda del Pop, in Black Note Club at Valencia, Spain, and what I specially loved is that the keyboard player was, IMO, very good. They have already published the full yesterday concert but, from the same band, I just found another one on YT which is still better for my learning purposes, as it shows really clearly the keyboardist playing.

One thing I wonder is what is he doing with the two devices he has on top of the keyboard. I guess one would change the different patches for the songs on the Privia he is using (BTW, yesterday he used a PX-S1000 instead). Perhaps the other device has some chords info... Anyone can take a look and try to find out exactly what is he doing?

BTW, I find this kind of video huge regarding how to play on a band, which is my main aim right now. I am very grateful for them to share the full concert and with such good views of the players.

The inimitable Wayne Famous and The Producers - She Sheila, New Year's Rockin' Eve (1983, I believe)

M-Audio Hammer 88, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha ReFace CP, Korg D1

MacBook Air 13" M1 (2021) Logic Pro X 10.5, Mainstage, Roland Cloud (Ultimate), U-He DIVA, Arturia V-8

JammSammich, Peoria, Illinois

On 12/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, EB5AGV said:

No words needed!

Don’t know what year this was but hand problems had clearly set in, notice he only used thumb, index, and middle finger on rh for most of the song. Still had plenty of chops but had limited dexterity. If I recall correctly, his hand problems were a large contributor to his depression in his final years.

Kurzweil PC3K8/ GSI Gemini Desktop/ ESI UNIK 8+ monitors/ QSC K8.2/ Radial Key Largo/ CPS Spacestation 

• 1 month later...