Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Black Friday Sales 2022

On 11/23/2022 at 9:37 AM, RABid said:

Sugar Bytes effects now on sale at Sweetwater. Individual instruments %30 to %50 percent off. Entire bundle for only $79. At PluginBoutique it is $499. Grab it while you can.

The bundle deal is gone. I had a feeling that it was a mistake and would be changed. Now the bundle is $499 at Sweetwater, matching the price at other places. 

• Haha 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

21 hours ago, RABid said:

Having a hard time not grabbing IK Multimedia Total Max for $199. Especially since I have 31 IK Bucks to reduce the price.

I am still on the fence as well- have some IK $ about 55 as well. 

I am contemplating just installing lurrseen, B3, and mondo bass -

Is it possible to install just portions of sample tank?

ASM Hydrasynth Deluxe is $1499…poly aftertouch within reach. The Osmose will only be shipping pre-orders from 2.5 years ago next month.

• Like 1

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

14 hours ago, LarsHarner2 said:

I am still on the fence as well- have some IK $ about 55 as well. 

I am contemplating just installing lurrseen, B3, and mondo bass -

Is it possible to install just portions of sample tank?

In my experience, quite a few IK plugins work fine stand alone without the "host" software. 

All of my TrackS plugins do, I see no reason to use the host since I mostly just run Stealth Limiter.

One quick way to find out is to download the demos, try them solo on your DAW. If they work, they work. 

If not, there is a free version of SampleTank you can download to host them. 

Either way, it's been my experience with IK that less is more. They have some great stuff but they have lots of stuff that I'll just never use. 

MODO Drum is really good, the sounds on Miroslav Philharmonik 2 are good, etc. 

I want the B3, consensus on here is it's hard to beat. Maybe someday, this Black Friday I've already made my choices. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 11/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, GovernorSilver said:

Newfangled Audio Invigorate $49 intro price.  Company founder is/was a veteran coder for Eventide.

Apparently meant to be used as a mix bus effect.   

https://www.newfangledaudio.com/invigorate

I downloaded the demo and it can be used on individual channels effectively as well. 

It's a great plugin, I'm going to buy it. The interface is simple to use yet the controls offered are complete and comprehensive. The presets are good starting points and it's fast and easy to adjust with a mouse - no "knobs".

Most importantly, it sounds great. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 11/22/2022 at 3:35 PM, tfort said:

Just saw that B-3X is on sale for $40 in case that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Thanks for that!  Just picked it up for iPad.  Can already tell thru my iPad speakers that it sounds amazing.

• Like 1

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

TAI CHI is on sale - the "lite version" which does everything you need is $29. 

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/tai-chi

Easily one of the best reverbs I own. 

• Like 1

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I also recommend Tai Chi lite.  I bought it originally when Izotope (formerly Exponential Audio) R4 stopped working in Mac OS Monterey.  They since have fixed it but it's not going to be updated moving forward.    The advanced features sound cool but I haven't felt compelled to upgrade.   I like that Liquidsonics (including Reverb Foundry) gives you discount coupons, the more products you own the cheaper the rest of them will be :)   I've heard fantastic things about Cinematic Rooms but I just am not doing enough on my computer recently to warrant it.

Speaking of verbs, I have Fuse Audio's plate and really like it.  Right now all Fuse Audio plugins are 15 dollars, which is really low for good quality (assuming you need preamps etc, which is mostly what they make.)

I don't think it was mentioned, but Finale is on sale.

https://www.finalemusic.com/cyber-monday-2022/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=product&utm_content=cyber_monday_22&fbclid=IwAR2ZKC521yZCBdiKs0WQ5-HSfU7P9xsey6ZQzTHEe0BLNkt-sx022mfOpYE

$99 brings it within a reasonable price range.  Granted that musescore may come near its capabilities soon...  Also granted that whenever I see these fancy keyboard setups there's rarely a music stand in sight 🙂

• Like 1

The Korg SQ-64 sequencer being blown out for $129 was the only real hardware deal I saw this year, but that is not really something for live gig keyboard players.  Yes it was a lame year for hardware deals IMO.

• Like 1

The Players:  OB-X8, Numa Compact 2X, Kawai K5000S, cheap Korean guitars/basses, Roland TD-1KV e-drums.  Eurorack/Banana modular, Synth/FX DIY.

22 hours ago, bill5 said:

Has anyone else been underwhelmed by the hardware BF sales? 

My guess is that with the chip shortage, most dealers have less stock than usual, so there's not much incentive to blow through their stock at a huge discount, especially if there's enough demand for those products at the regular price.

• Like 2