Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Black Friday Sales 2022

I believe you can buy a boxed version of Total Studio 2, which has all the products on a USB drive. It may cost a little more.

Or, download all the files, and save them to media like a USB stick or optical drive (DVD/Blu-Ray). Then you can re-load them any time you want, or if a hard drive fails.

12 hours ago, dsteinschneider said:

the IK "Product Manager". It has made downloading, installing and activating a breeze if you're ok with your music computer being online.  Not sure how they do things "offline".

Installation w/ Product manager might cause problems when antivirus is activated in Win 10.

This also rules for 3rd party antivirus like AVAST.

It´s because the OS and antivirus doesn´t like a 3rd party application writing documents to C drive and user (as administratior) documents folder.

Installation fails p. ex. because a PDF user manual won´t install.

Because of this behaviour, I downloaded offline installers from my account,- installed,- went online w/ Product Manager and deactivated antivirus only for the relatively short time of online activation.

Dunno if that works on Macs.

I doubt you catch a virus when Product manager connects to IK MM website.

:)

A.C.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, RABid said:

For $5 you can bet that I will get the INIL Choir.

So a lot or most if these Sampletekk libraries require “full Kontakt” not the player, to be used uncrippled.   

Software like Chicken Systems can convert from nki to exs24 or UVI or something but I’m not certain if it works on commercial libraries like Sampletekk which may be encrypted?  

Just a heads up for folks who don’t already own “full Kontakt”.   

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

1 hour ago, Stokely said:

Big sale at Fluffy Audio.  Any purchase, you get My Piano free (but it's only 9 bucks right now).

I already have My Piano and Simple Cello, which I really like.

Looks interesting.  My Piano and others also require full Kontakt. 

20 minutes ago, RABid said:

Just checked. I can upgrade to Waves Horizon for $118. Well, $118 plus $240 to renew my maintenance so I can move past the 2013 versions of my plugins.

That’s their game, and it works really well for them. Sooner or later you need a new version because something isn’t working on your version of the OS, computer hardware (ie. graphics card), or host.  And you’re back in the update plan for v13.  

Has anyone seen a B3 sale they recommend? I have Kontakt and UVI workstation if any are compatible with them.

I am still deciding between my upgrade offer for V Collection 9 at $200. - but I am mostly fine with the presets in Analaog V.

Or spending $161 for Total Max Studio 3.5 ($199- $55 Jam points discount + tax)  and just using  Lurrseen, IK's B3, and Mondo Bass as I have most of the other things covered and don't want to deal with the install process I read about.

14 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

That’s their game, and it works really well for them. Sooner or later you need a new version because something isn’t working on your version of the OS, computer hardware (ie. graphics card), or host.  And you’re back in the update plan for v13.  

Yep, and it's why I no longer have any Waves plugins. I bought a few, used them a bit and then they "expired" them and wanted money for me to keep using them. 

Done and gone, on to the next. Surely there are better marketing plans...

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:32 AM, Delaware Dave said:

Thomann's is especially good if you can keep your purchases under the custom's limit (around $800).  I ordered an item from them on a Monday and it arrived from Thomann's on Wednesday.  Because there were no customs duties I saved about 40% over purchasing in the states and it probably arrived faster as well.  Thomann's also has a 3 year warranty where in the US it is typically 1 year.  They do send Euro style plugs so you have to purchase a Euro two pin to US two pin converter (generally about $3).  The power sources are generally 100-240V so that piece doesn't really matter.

Can the converter be bought from them too?  

And how exactly can you be sure what the fee will be ? (Customs)

And around 800$ can be iffy... What is the hard cutoff number?

YouTube - My YouTube Channel (please subscribe for music tech info)

https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - majesticstudios_jld

Former Keyboard Tech -

PRINCE

Cassandra O'Neal 

KING (We Are King)

Majestic Studios - Audio Recording & Mixing Engineer

2 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Yep, and it's why I no longer have any Waves plugins. I bought a few, used them a bit and then they "expired" them and wanted money for me to keep using them. 

Done and gone, on to the next. Surely there are better marketing plans...

That's actually not how their licensing works. Sure they want to sell you their waves update plan every year, but your plug-ins don't expire when the update plan expires. When the update plan expires you no longer get free updates or support. If an OS update makes your old version unusable then yes, you need to pay for an update to keep using it, but that's true with many plug-ins. 

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

8 hours ago, mcgoo said:

That's actually not how their licensing works. Sure they want to sell you their waves update plan every year, but your plug-ins don't expire when the update plan expires. When the update plan expires you no longer get free updates or support. If an OS update makes your old version unusable then yes, you need to pay for an update to keep using it, but that's true with many plug-ins. 

This isn´t the complete truth.

When you want to re-activate your old plugins on a old machine,- like I tried w/ their Renaissance Complete bundle many years ago,- that didn´t work because I didn´t pay for the WUP and didn´t upgrade.

Why I had to ?

It was still the old Win XP 32-Bit DAW and I just only needed the challange response code again.

F##k WAVES,- they stole my 500 bucks (that was the price in the past !) plugins bundle which worked great w/ Wavelab 4.01b.

But Steinberg did exactly the same.

One day,- my Cubase SX3 and Wavelab 4 wasn´t upgradable anymore and they wanted to buy all new.

Since then, Steini is history for me.

In software world, some biz models are crime IMO.

A.C.

• Like 1

At the risk of repeating known news, Cubasis 3 for Android is only $14.99 until November 30 through the Play Store. Their add-ons are also on sale, I believe. I have been using Cubasis 2 for iOS for over a year now and it's rock solid.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Microphone Parts (aka Micparts) is having a Black Friday sale. 

https://microphone-parts.com/collections/black-friday-2022?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20221121&utm_content=20221121+CID_3d3fd349e3504922972dce083dbb6f6a&utm_source=email&utm_term=right here

No affiliation, I won a mod kit for an MXL 990 on YouTube and bought an MXL 990 so I could build it. 

I recorded the mic - before and after - no comparison, hands down the Micparts update made the 990 into a great mic, lower noise, much better fidelity.

Then I bought an mod kit for a Groove Tubes mic but ended up modifying an MXL 1006bp that I hated, now I love it. 

Last but not least, I bought a complete T-67 kit, built it and it is fantastic. They are all keepers. 

They've already got low prices for what you get so the discounts on Black Friday are not huge. If you have some soldering skills I highly recommend their products. 

On 11/19/2022 at 10:09 PM, Al Coda said:

This isn´t the complete truth.

When you want to re-activate your old plugins on a old machine,- like I tried w/ their Renaissance Complete bundle many years ago,- that didn´t work because I didn´t pay for the WUP and didn´t upgrade.

Why I had to ?

It was still the old Win XP 32-Bit DAW and I just only needed the challange response code again.

F##k WAVES,- they stole my 500 bucks (that was the price in the past !) plugins bundle which worked great w/ Wavelab 4.01b.

But Steinberg did exactly the same.

One day,- my Cubase SX3 and Wavelab 4 wasn´t upgradable anymore and they wanted to buy all new.

Since then, Steini is history for me.

In software world, some biz models are crime IMO.

A.C.

May have been true at the time, but it’s not an issue now.  I can have my version 10 licenses move all over the place and activate as needed, to any drive, back to the license cloud, wherever.

I make software noises.

I know you kids want to talk about and buy gear this holiday season ;) , but my friends at Open Studio are having a sale on their jazz education products, up to 40% off if you pay annually. You can join Open Studio and get access to all their courses, or go for Open Studio Pro which not only gives you access to all their courses but also live daily classes that they're still expanding to cover more hours of the day and thus more time zones (you can always watch the recordings if you miss the class for whatever reason) as well as join a great and supportive community of (mostly) jazz pianists. Some might say the bebop courses by Chris Parks are worth it alone. He is known for his series on YouTube, "Things I Learned from Barry Harris" as he studied with Barry for over 20 years, I believe. They've also started an advanced class by Geoffrey Keezer, and have had master classes by Keezer, Fred Hersch, Larry Goldings, Aimee Nolte, Gerald Clayton, Glenn Zaleski, Christian Sands, Emmit Cohen, and of course Peter Martin. Next month is Sean Jones.

Come join the fun!

• Like 3

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

59 minutes ago, Joe Muscara said:

I know you kids want to talk about and buy gear this holiday season ;) , but my friends at Open Studio are having a sale on their jazz education products, up to 40% off if you pay annually. You can join Open Studio and get access to all their courses, or go for Open Studio Pro which not only gives you access to all their courses but also live daily classes that they're still expanding to cover more hours of the day and thus more time zones (you can always watch the recordings if you miss the class for whatever reason) as well as join a great and supportive community of (mostly) jazz pianists. Some might say the bebop courses by Chris Parks are worth it alone. He is known for his series on YouTube, "Things I Learned from Barry Harris" as he studied with Barry for over 20 years, I believe. They've also started an advanced class by Geoffrey Keezer, and have had master classes by Keezer, Fred Hersch, Larry Goldings, Aimee Nolte, Gerald Clayton, Glenn Zaleski, Christian Sands, Emmit Cohen, and of course Peter Martin. Next month is Sean Jones.

Come join the fun!

Looks like they've streamlined their offerings.  Just two subscription options; not seeing ability to purchase individual courses anymore.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Looks like they've streamlined their offerings.  Just two subscription options; not seeing ability to purchase individual courses anymore.

Yes, I first heard about that yesterday from Adam Maness (Creative Content Director at OS).

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

On 11/19/2022 at 11:24 AM, mcgoo said:

I'll just say that it wasn't very long between the purchase of the Waves plugins and the updating of system software but Apple provided the needed code to any software company that wanted it. I didn't get the "update plan" (just a money grab as I've learned) and they could have been helpful but they care about Waves first and foremost. When Apple Silicon came out (and I bought a Mac Mini M1 because my 2014 MacBook Pro was getting long in the tooth), Eventide and others updated their plugins and the updates were free to all owners. 

Honestly, if any of the Waves plugins I owned had been "must have, one of a kind" level software (like Eventide Split EQ, just for one), I might have considered paying to move forward but that game gets tired quickly so I bailed with zero regrets. If others are happy using Waves, I'm happy for them. 😇