Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Black Friday Sales 2022

Haven't been mentioned yet...

Audio Modeling have 1/3 off until November 30. Just sprang for Camelot Pro IOS ($20) and wondered "Why did I wait so long?" I plan to try one or two of the SWAM solo instruments, too.

Toontrack are running a BF sale with a few special deals each day of the week. I always find at least one MIDI pack or even an EZKeys expansion. Toontrack have a similar pre-Christmas holiday sale (special deals per day, watch for it) and I've picked up several expansions that way.

Collect them all! I feel like I'm collecting action figures... 😀

Happy holidays -- pj

Tech blog: sandsoftwaresound.net

• Like 1

Don't know if it qualifies as a Black Friday sale item but the Roland Juno DS is selling for $699 (61) and $999 (88) respectively.  Interestingly enough, the DS76 is in a holding pattern at $1,149. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

8dio has a pretty massive sale on most things.  I find them hit or miss.  I got their Blackbird kit for 5 bucks, and despite the excellent demos I...might have gotten my money's worth.   I've used the choir I got from them and a couple other libraries.

I don't even look at Waves.  So far I haven't had to pay for any of my plugins being updated for the recent mac OS upgrades, which were pretty major.  As noted, if they offered something super compelling I might bite but I have alternatives for just about everything they have that I'd want.  Works for me!

Tokyo Dawn Slick EQ Mastering edition is 10 bucks at audiodeluxe.  Most of their other plugins are also on sale though not that much.  You also get a free Melda plugin with any purchase.  I held off for the simple reason that I'll be getting Ozone next summer with Komplete, no need for mastering anything until I really suss that out.   I kind of dislike "magic" mixing plugins where I don't know exactly what they are doing (Teote is another one of these, I have that one and use it), but in messing with an older Elements version of Ozone I have to admit slapping some of the presets on my mix yielded some decent results!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GovernorSilver said:

Newfangled Audio Invigorate $49 intro price.  Company founder is/was a veteran coder for Eventide.

Apparently meant to be used as a mix bus effect.   

https://www.newfangledaudio.com/invigorate

Yep, I'm looking at it. I've got some Eventide and Newfangled plugins and I really like the simple GUI and excellent sounds.

I can get Invigorate for $39.20, will learn a bit more, probably download the demo and give it a spin. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

8 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

Yep, I'm looking at it. I've got some Eventide and Newfangled plugins and I really like the simple GUI and excellent sounds.

I can get Invigorate for $39.20, will learn a bit more, probably download the demo and give it a spin. 

Wow, you get a special deal just for you, huh?   You have a buddy at Eventide?

2 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

I went ahead and downloaded the 30 day free demo. I'll get back here after I give it a spin. 

The video showing the layout looked good to me, I like stuff that you can slide around with a mouse and the Compressor/Limiter/Overdrive option looks like it's very versatile. 

1 hour ago, GovernorSilver said:

Wow, you get a special deal just for you, huh?   You have a buddy at Eventide?

If you own any Newfangled plugins then they give you the bonus discount. I've got a couple of theirs and 4 Eventide. 

So they like me. 😃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GovernorSilver said:

For MPC owners, there is a Black Friday deal at https://www.airmusictech.com/

At the checkout popup, enter code MPC50 to knock down the already discounted prices even further 

Dang!! There's a bunch of great deals there and it's stuff I don't have. I'll pick one and see what happens. 

• Cool 1

7 hours ago, pjd said:

Haven't been mentioned yet...

Audio Modeling have 1/3 off until November 30. Just sprang for Camelot Pro IOS ($20) and wondered "Why did I wait so long?" I plan to try one or two of the SWAM solo instruments, too.

Toontrack are running a BF sale with a few special deals each day of the week. I always find at least one MIDI pack or even an EZKeys expansion. Toontrack have a similar pre-Christmas holiday sale (special deals per day, watch for it) and I've picked up several expansions that way.

Collect them all! I feel like I'm collecting action figures... 😀

Happy holidays -- pj

Tech blog: sandsoftwaresound.net

EZKeys is steeply discounted to a mere $39.....that's tough to pass on, thanks for that info.

3 hours ago, Doerfler said:

that price is for the app, not the full program, should anyone be interested

Thanks for the clarification, I should have noted that. I’m predominantly interested in iPad OS/iOS apps these days, partly for portability but also for cost reasons. 

Sugar Bytes effects now on sale at Sweetwater. Individual instruments %30 to %50 percent off. Entire bundle for only $79. At PluginBoutique it is $499. Grab it while you can. I've been wanting Turnado, Effectrix and Looperator. The bundle includes...

Sugar Bytes Sugar Bundle Features:

Cyclop: the twisted bass monophonic synthesizer

Turnado: real-time audio manipulation has never been so easy

Guitarist: complete guitar software with amps, effects, guitars, and guitar player

Thesys MIDI step sequencer: an incredible tool for unbelievable sequences on stage and in the studio

Consequence chord groovebox: chord-based step sequencer with powerful sound engine

Effectrix effect sequencer: create grooving sound mutations and unique breakbeats

Artillery2 effect keyboard: MIDI-controlled Multi FX with algorithms and versatile modulation

Unique synth: includes juicy vowel filtering, crazy modulation possibilities, and 2 multi-effects

WOW2 talking filterbox: 10 innovative filters with Vowel Mode and versatile modulation system

Vogue: the ultimate Channel Strip with overdrive, gating, compression, filtration, delay, and reverb

Egoist: Outrageous sequenced effects, basslines, and drum beats for your productions

Looperator: Load up a loop and manipulate it in endless ways, or use it as an insert effect to process any audio track

Aparillo: 16-Voice FM Synthesizer for cinematic sound design

Obscurium: Productive Synthesis tool with VST hosting and generative pitch engine

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

16 hours ago, tfort said:

Just saw that B-3X is on sale for $40 in case that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I'm assuming that is the IOS version?  (which I have already, that is a great price for it.)

If that's for the PC version, that's a crazy great price for it, and I may pick it up.  I don't hate the Logic pro vintage organ by any means, but I like B-3X better and would like to have it in plugin form on my mac.

Edit: I see above that it's for the app.  I've gigged with the app for a while now and its great.  That said, I got the itch for a clonewheel and picked up a hammond sk pro so it will be used for one-keyboard gigs with my modx.

14 hours ago, bill5 said:

This isn't related to music per se, but I'm curious, does anyone go out to stores on Black Friday any more? And is it the madhouse it used to be before the days when online shopping was so common? 

No way, never did in the first place but I knew people that spent the entire day shopping.  I'd rather spend a century in the 3rd circle of Dante's pit.  I actually like shopping, but I go during off hours.   With clothes I still like to touch and feel, hold up for length (I'm tall) and try on.

A lot of the places those people used to go don't even exist now (malls and mall dept. stores).  

On 11/14/2022 at 6:25 PM, ElmerJFudd said:

Wasn't Nord including some of these in their format at some point?  I see their MkII updates add some details like pedal noise and all perspectives included.  

On 11/15/2022 at 2:21 AM, bill5 said:

Honestly don't know, that's an interesting idea though (I would think if so, ST would tout that on the site, but as you can see, they aren't real gung-ho on the marketing side of things). 

Not quite. The pianos were sampled by the same guy though. He also sampled pianos for other companies. (Toontrack, XLN Audio, Steinberg, Kurzweil, Propellerheads)

Per Larsson - Manager - SampleTekk | LinkedIn

• Like 2

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

I just bought V collection 9, update from version 7 for 99 euros.

Synthesizer's heaven!!!

• Like 1

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

2 hours ago, Stokely said:

No way, never did in the first place but I knew people that spent the entire day shopping.  I'd rather spend a century in the 3rd circle of Dante's pit.  I actually like shopping, but I go during off hours.   With clothes I still like to touch and feel, hold up for length (I'm tall) and try on.

A lot of the places those people used to go don't even exist now (malls and mall dept. stores).  

I know...and while I get it, shopping online is so much more convenient, I think it's kind of sad in a way, as tech seems to be making us less and less of a community, isolated in our homes or mesmerized by our cell phones. But I digress. And I don't miss shopping (in person) around this time of year! When I think of the hours I spent walking around malls trying to find the right gift.....

OK, back to online window shopping :)

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

On 11/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, KuruPrionz said:

I went ahead and downloaded the 30 day free demo. I'll get back here after I give it a spin. 

The video showing the layout looked good to me, I like stuff that you can slide around with a mouse and the Compressor/Limiter/Overdrive option looks like it's very versatile. 

Last night I opened a couple of sessions and dropped Newfangled Invigorate into individual tracks and also tried it on the master bus. 

Low noise floor, very mouse friendly for adjusting, a great selection of presets and it can easily replace 3 plugins - compressor, limiter and "overdrive" (harmonic distortion). It sounded good on everything and I love the innovative approach to "sliders", they made them into "squares" but they work like sliders, very easy to mouse and makes things compact while still easy to parse visually. I'm going to buy it, it will streamline my plugin usage considerably. 

On 11/22/2022 at 1:49 PM, KuruPrionz said:

Dang!! There's a bunch of great deals there and it's stuff I don't have. I'll pick one and see what happens. 

I got Strike and Drum Synth 500, both drum plugins. Cost around $20 total. 

I haven't installed them yet, will be fun to mess with them. 

3 hours ago, RABid said:

Having a hard time not grabbing IK Multimedia Total Max for $199. Especially since I have 31 IK Bucks to reduce the price.

Well, after watching a few videos on IK Total Max and every one of them mentioning file management problems I backed out.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page