Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PAIN PAL!!! Problems with this new format

This new format has caused all kinds of problem. It would not accept my old screen name or passwords. It would not allow me to create a new account...had to borrow a friends e mail address...would not accept mine

So are you telling me I have to enter an e mail address every time I post? What kinds of spam am I going to be getting doing this??

Had to create a ridiculously difficult password I will have a hard time remembering. All kinds of problems

Did anyone else have to go through all these hoops?

Guess I have a new screen name now...hope you like it !

Now its posting with my old screen name. What?

Could have cleaned my whole house in the time it took to go through all kinds of hoops . Would not accept my e mail address or password

Where is the old change post edit screen? Geez

Post Edit is part of the drop down menu marked by the three dots on the upper right in your post. 

Edit time is limited, at a certain point it's frozen and your post is your post. 

That same ... drop down menu contains other useful things so take a look. Hope this helps! 😇

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

58 minutes ago, LX 88 said:

Could have cleaned my whole house in the time it took to go through all kinds of hoops . Would not accept my e mail address or password

Where is the old change post edit screen? Geez

Maybe the problem was not using the original email you used to register, but a subsequent one?

It threw me for a bit that the login info had changed but as soon as I figured out it was asking for e-mail and not screenname it has all gone back to normal.

Except that now for some reason it's gone to a black background theme...I fear change.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

32 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

It threw me for a bit that the login info had changed but as soon as I figured out it was asking for e-mail and not screenname it has all gone back to normal.

Except that now for some reason it's gone to a black background theme...I fear change.

Simple fix.

When logged in, scroll to the bottom, hit the Theme rolldown bar and change. 

I noticed in another thread that a text that was inserted, was invisible witht the black background.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

39 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

There is a link at the bottom called themes. That sets it back to the lighter background. 

FunMachine.

Hmm, no problems here...just put in my email instead of my username and it worked.

As an aside, after 8DIO (plugin maker) was hacked, I decided to finally bite the bullet and stop using the same credentials in a bunch of places.   Ended up going with Bitwarden (free) to manage my passwords for me, I let it pick a tough one for each site and no more guessing at which variation I ended up using on which site.   I just can't forget ONE password now, the one to get into Bitwarden! :D

I seem to have special issues with my Apple ID.  I get locked out of some device or another and end up having to reset it, generally picking some almost-the-same as what I used before.   And of course some sites make you use special chars and others don't.   Hopefully this will make my life easier by taking all the guesswork out of it.

The horse has already flown the coop but it is a good plan to warn people to check and maybe update their email addresses before such an overhaul, that is unless you must access that old email or even remember it in order to update it......still a good plan either way.

Speaking of coops, a chicken is  looking for employment. He goes to a fortune teller and asks what she sees in his future. The fortune teller looks in her crystal ball and sees a bucket of KFC and says, "I see you in the restaurant business."

Always speak the truth and give them what they want and your patrons will leave very happy with their investment in you.

1 minute ago, o0Ampy0o said:

It is a good plan to warn people to check and maybe update their email addresses before such an overhaul, that is unless you must access that old email or even remember it in order to update it.

No offense, but we were told how new login was going to happen and that we will need email when we signed up. Personally, I checked my email and updated it before the migration. :idea:

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

And you didn't need to have access to your old email account before the migration, you just needed to know what email you used on the old site. We told people as many ways as we could, including the screen that popped up on the old site while the migration was happening and you couldn't log in there.

If you want access to your old account, perhaps dB or someone (I can't, I think) can look up what your old email address is and let you know. :idk:

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

8 minutes ago, 16251 said:

No offense, but we were told how new login was going to happen and that we will need email when we signed up. Personally, I checked my email and updated it before the migration. :idea:

OK well I said it was a good plan didn't I? Yes that I did. Some people didn't get that memo so it probably wasn't presented prominently like the "sign up" button I mentioned elsewhere. No offense taken.

This new thing would NOT accept my e mail. Sorry Joe. Have had same email forever

Had to set up new accounts and the process kept stonewalling me. 

Actually I am surprised anything got through

I did consider having a new screen name. I found it interesting that a keyboard controller came out as LX 88 a few years back

I never saw anything about a change. Why does this requite e mail?

I think over time you will see that this left a lot of people in the dust.

I am completely capable of not being able to track something I did

10 years ago

Fortunately I have not changed e mails. It didn't matter cause it would not accept that one

I am not computer savvy at all. Have been wanting to get into some of the new apps people have been talking about but wouldn't be able to do it if you put a gun to my head.

My skill is playing and teaching . Have been wanting to discuss some recent Youtube videos where some people attempt to teach musical concepts but are mostly showing off. Some of them have developed some degree of notoriety.

1 hour ago, Stokely said:

Hmm, no problems here...just put in my email instead of my username and it worked.

Same here, worked with no issues.  

• Like 1

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

7 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

The horse has already flown the coop but it is a good plan to warn people to check and maybe update their email addresses before such an overhaul, that is unless you must access that old email or even remember it in order to update it......still a good plan either way.

7 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Some people didn't get that memo so it probably wasn't presented prominently like the "sign up" button I mentioned elsewhere. 

I agree!  That's why there was a Global Sticky in every forum about a week before the move saying that. :thu:

Here's a link to the post.

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

5 hours ago, LX 88 said:

I think over time you will see that this left a lot of people in the dust.

dB (and perhaps only he) knows what the traffic and activity and posting numbers are like before and after the move. To me, this place looks pretty active and a few folks have popped their heads in to say hi that haven't posted in a while. :snax:

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

dB (and perhaps only he) knows what the traffic and activity and posting numbers are like before and after the move. To me, this place looks pretty active and a few folks have popped their heads in to say hi that haven't posted in a while. :snax:

You are correct, sir.  Traffic does, in fact, appear to be up since we moved. :classic_cool:

dB

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

I agree!  That's why there was a Global Sticky in every forum about a week before the move saying that. :thu:

Here's a link to the post.

dB

That is a fine post in that link but I ignore stickys like I never read Terms and Agreements aside from instances where I am looking for something specific. Otherwise it is like reading an encyclopedia cover to cover.

There are alternatives like that full screen MUSIC PLAYERS NETWORK logo popping up when you first arrive here now.

REPLACE YOUR DEAD EMAIL ACCOUNT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

Was a week long enough? How many active members come here everyday or every week consistently? Things occupy my mind and time weeks at a time, for instance.

I am not complaining. My information was current. I don't like having to log in with a long email instead of the shorter easier o0Ampy0o but who cares? I am thinking of those who will have problems because their email addresses and accounts tied to the forum are fossils.

16 hours ago, LX 88 said:

Had to create a ridiculously difficult password I will have a hard time remembering. All kinds of problem.

It's 2022 and grifters have ruined the internet. Use a password manager, even if it's a small anonymous paper notebook.

No theif is going to ransack your house and take a notebook.

Please, use a password manager.

• Like 2

I experienced a slight delay in re-logging in, at first, and it seemed like my email address wasn’t working. I went back through my mind to recall addresses I’ve had since 2004 and tried them out — none worked either. Shortly after trying my current address again, I decided to just browse anonymously for awhile and when I looked at the top of the page, saw I’d been logged in. 

• Like 1

Here for the gear.

I don' t have any idea what a "Global Sticky" is supposed to be....

All I know is...we don't have any real clocks in my world anymore. They are gone from banks, grocery stores gas stations etc. etc.

YOU ARE EXPECTED TO TELL TIME FROM YOUR CELL PHONE DUMMY!!   

IT's supposed to be permanently attached to your left arm!

There are a few things I need to post on Garage Sale before I get kicked out of here for bad attitude. Haven't sworn, talked politics or threatened anybody.

ONE MORE TIME....I DID USE MY ORIGINAL E MAIL INFO.  IT DID NOT WORK!!!!

Also... cannot log into PM's or edit my post etc.etc. Have no idea which password I have now.

Joe Muscara... I bet you still have that leslie anp I sold you

Can you find my original e mail address???? 

'

• Dislike 1

A”

23 minutes ago, LX 88 said:

I don' t have any idea what a "Global Sticky" is supposed to be....

A “Global Sticky” at the other site was a post usually labeled READ ME! that was set so it always came up at the top of all of the forums.

As far as confirming the email on your other account, you can find that profile using the search function, which can be found by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner.

Here’s a link (that means click on these underlined words and you’ll be taken to that page).

Hope that helps,

dB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

LOL ... 

P.S.  Probably not...

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

10 hours ago, Baggypants said:

It's 2022 and grifters have ruined the internet. Use a password manager, even if it's a small anonymous paper notebook.

No theif is going to ransack your house and take a notebook.

Please, use a password manager.

Not only long complicated passwords, but ensure different passwords for every sites.   Had a site where I had registered a long time ago and used a simple password that got hacked, and got several emails threatening to expose my personal details, (they did have the right password, but it was the only site I had used).  Ignore it and they gave up after a while.    I did prompt me to do an overhaul on old sites that I hadn't logged in for a while.  

• Like 3

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

11 hours ago, ChoppedHam said:

1. Is there any way to preview posts?

2. Is there anyway to directly edit using Markdown or bbcode (or whatever)?

1. Turn on EXPANDED VIEW, next to START NEW TOPIC in the upper right hand corner (of the forum itself, not in the Topic).

2. Not to the best of my knowledge.

dB