Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

40 minutes ago, OB Dave said:

So far looks good. Nice work. everyone! 

edit: oh dang, my avatar renders nicely in a circle.

edit 2: ooh, let's see how long this lasts: image.png.c1600fc632ac41ebff74756f0f58232d.png

Dave you seemed like the most polite of guys when I met you at the KC dinner - surely you've never been warned? :)

• Thanks 1

Hi all, I made it! :thu: (Tip - our old KC emojis are hidden under Emojis -> Categories -> Converted)

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing it after things have been tweaked a bit [like all the boxes with various characters that aren't rendering]. Any thoughts on whether we necessarily really want to have full-on reactions for comments?

I definitely second the removal of IP addresses from public view. Not ideal at all to have them visible to all.

Thanks all for your hard work! My favorite thing right now is the "Newbie" badge showing as having been earned on December 14th, 2016. 😁 At least the post counts stayed around.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

The signature settings should be at https://forums.musicplayer.com/settings/signature. However, I'm not able to edit the signature - I get a message that says "Sorry, you do not have permission to edit your signature".

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

22 minutes ago, EscapeRocks said:

owners of this site please go to this topic on Invision

invision community

and for the love of everything give us darkmode back

YES YES YES   Give us a Dark Mode,  someway to change the interface I'm going snowblind looking at this.   Interface is so BIG whole lot of wasted screen real estate.   

I appreciate the work I thought you were just moving to a new hosting site. I got some error that looks like you're on a Amazon platform?    But this new content management tool need to be user configurable.

Okay, I've installed three different modes besides the default - one dark, one dynamic and one light.  Problem is that I haven't figured out how members can choose their own yet.  I can see a way for me to assign one to  member in the CP (so it appears the capability is there), but that's as far as I've gotten so far.

I'm on it.

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Looks great!  Very modern, and thank goodness formatting is now so much more straightforward.  I know it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly.  It's very much appreciated.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

5 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Okay, I've installed three different modes besides the default - one dark, one dynamic and one light.  Problem is that I haven't figured out how members can choose their own yet.  I can see a way for me to assign one to  member in the CP (so it appears the capability is there), but that's as far as I've gotten so far.

I'm on it.

dB

I know there’s a Theme link on the bottom of the CMF pages so it’s possible to have that. And custom themes can be created as one of the admins at CMF did some. That’s what CMF is running right now. 

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

image.thumb.png.052b4635428d15dd9cfb471bf48cce73.png

I literally just took this screenshot on my iPad, chose Copy from the share menu, and pasted it here. It’s that simple. 

• Like 2

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It seems that IP address isn’t visible if you’re not logged in. That’s a start but I understand if you still don’t want it to be generally visible (though I’m sure admins can always look it up if they need to). 

It looks like the time threshold for editing posts is really short right now - I tried to edit a post in the Fantom thread that I made 16 minutes ago and it's already no longer editable.

56 minutes ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

It looks like the time threshold for editing posts is really short right now - I tried to edit a post in the Fantom thread that I made 16 minutes ago and it's already no longer editable.

Great to have the forum back! And speaking as a guy who just throws it out there and then cleans it up after, I guess I'd better watch what I post! 😄

• Like 1