Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

Thanks to Dave (and whoever else helped with this transition); I'm sure this was a fair amount of work and is appreciated. Hopefully the finer details and customizable aspects other have mentioned will be sorted out - but at least this vast musical/cultural/social information base is still here 😀

5 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Geoff Grace figured out how to do it - I saw his sig shrink down from the linked pic like you guys are showing to just a link.  Maybe he can help?

FWIW the LINKS function in the editor has a Remove Link option once there's a link present.

dB

I solved it by removing the link from my signature in the account settings as a stopgap measure. I hope at some point, I’ll be able to put it back without bringing the content along for the ride. 

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Yes, I had to do the same thing. Besides making the text smaller, what I did for what was showing up as a huge youtube video was right-click (IIRC) on the video to copy the link's URL; then delete the video; then paste the URL in its place; and then there's a setting to just display the URL instead of resolving it to actually show the video.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

15 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Got it.

Okay, we can submit this to support.  Stay tuned.

dB

Something I posted about this morning has already been fixed. For 8 pages now you've been taking feedback and tweaking things. dB, you and whoever you're working with are killing it. Taking our (sometimes petty 😇) requests/noticed niggles and fixing them on the spot as you go. Appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Brother Mike Martin suggests the following for the Sound Cloud issue:

When someone updates their signature they have the option to display as PREVIEW or just a link.  

Each user should be able to fix this themselves by updating their signature and choosing “display as link instead”

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

9 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Brother Mike Martin suggests the following for the Sound Cloud issue:

Each user should be able to fix this themselves by updating their signature and choosing “display as link instead”

That's also what I basically described above, except I didn't see that option until I cut and then re-pasted the link... but that could have been my mistake, maybe I could have done it even without that step and I just missed it.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

13 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

So, I bagged the ranks and badges.  :idk: :hider:

Sorry - they really seemed a bit goofy to me. 

dB

Thanks! How ‘bout a good old “like” rather than a heart?

Here for the gear.

Yes, I turned the lights out. 😁

I can't find a way to let users make their own decision on Light or Dark Mode.  Not yet, anyway.  

i tried the one that comes with the default thieme, but I see the pages go from light to dark every time I load a new one.  Kinda sucks...so I'll have to find another solution.

dB

I'm getting this message when directly accessing the Keyboard Corner subforum as opposed to going from the MPN Forums homepage. This didn't happen earlier. The name of the tab says "A configuration or server error has occurred", and the error code is EX0.

348286228_somethingwentwrong.thumb.png.a0ab621da84f3b967e66182d7968587b.png

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Wow! Oaky, I did not expect all of this? Pretty amazing!  

Oh yeah! By the way, I changed my display name, from Paul1-1971 to Muad’Dib.  As well as my avatar! Although with this new forum, I hope changing my avatar will be easier? Maybe?

Still here, I’ll try and not be a pain, or troll. Just needed to take a step back from posting.

🙂

dB - Might I humbly suggest that you make this thread a sticky (or create a new one) for at least a couple of months while the dust settles? That will give us a central place to ask questions, post observations and suggestions, and give general feedback (the good kind, not the squeal).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

I'm getting this message when directly accessing the Keyboard Corner subforum as opposed to going from the MPN Forums homepage. This didn't happen earlier. The name of the tab says "A configuration or server error has occurred", and the error code is EX0.

348286228_somethingwentwrong.thumb.png.a0ab621da84f3b967e66182d7968587b.png

Majuscule has it right, I’d guess - you’re using a link to the old KC.  That URL is gone.

dB

• Like 1

Thanks Dave and Eric. That seems to be it. I've updated my start page pinned link :thu:. Oddly enough it worked fine until this afternoon. Probably a temporary link to direct everyone back here after the move? :idk:

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

At the bottom of the page(s), there’s a link to Next Unread Topic. Sometimes, using that takes me to a page that says something like, “Sorry, there are no unread items.” I used to see this over at CMF but I thought it stopped happening ages ago. I assumed it was a bug that got fixed with an update, but I can only assume we’re using the latest Invision here. 

Thanks again for working on all these tweaks and fixes. This place is getting better and better. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

7 hours ago, Geoff Grace said:

I solved it by removing the link from my signature in the account settings as a stopgap measure. I hope at some point, I’ll be able to put it back without bringing the content along for the ride. 

Best,

Geoff

Done.

That fix was fast! Thanks, Dave, Jim, and everyone else who contributed to the solution!

In addition, this time, I was able to put multiple links into my signature. I couldn't do that the last time I tried when using the old forum software. (I don't know whether that was my fault or the fault of the software, but I'm happy now! :thu: )

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I'm noticing that all of Google's results that come up when I search for a topic on this site via Google itself all end with the "Something went wrong. Please try again." page that I got from the old forum link. I'm sure this is because the actual urls have changed slightly, but it's bound to be annoying for folks looking for topics and seeing links to this forum.

• Like 1