Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

Great ! 

Looks like in a hospital right now, but I am sure some colors and frames will fix it up.
And luckily, I remembered my email address ( was worried that I had never changed it from my first logon many years ago, but it was my recent address 😊)

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

23 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

I imagine there's a dark theme, but i haven't gone looking for it yet.

I've only had to log in once so far... :idk:

dB

When I click the link to this forum,- before I singn in I get:

Oops!

You do not have permission to view this content.

This is different behaviour compared to the past and now rules for KC Studio Workshop, Gearlab and Anderton´s subforum as well.
Before, I was able reading KC, SWS, GL and C.A.´s SSS w/o being logged in.
I only had to log in when I wanted to write/ reply.
Also,- in upper right corner when left-clicking on my username, I appear as (Your current rank) "newbie" 1/14 ... 35 points until your next rank.
What´s that ? With formerly over 5K posts, that´s irritating.
Dark theme is essential for me,- at least when I signed in already, as it was before and when it was individually user-selectable.

Lines should move closer together,- all text becomes unneccessary long when gabs between lines are higher than a single line´s heigth itself.
Edit:
When I read, lines are close together but when I typed they weren´t,- sorry.

🙂
A.C.

Congrats on the new digs, all. Will try and return to semi-active duty, if only to get beyond the "Newbie" badge that I'm currently sporting... :lolol:

Also, to echo others that have said it, none of the forum-specific graphical labels/icons are loading at all, ie. the Facebook & Instagram logos at the bottom of each page, but also buttons/arrows/etc). It's like the hardware on the kitchen cabinets in the new house; I'm sure they're coming any minute now... ;)

Cheers,
SG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Al Coda said:
in upper right corner when left-clicking on my username, I appear as (Your current rank) "newbie" 1/14 ... 35 points until your next rank.
What´s that ? With formerly over 5K posts, that´s irritating.

That may be a limitation of the transfer. We'll see as the database is processed if it realizes the actual post counts we have and changes the ranks. But, at least the actual post counts are right.

2 minutes ago, Al Coda said:

Before, I was able reading KC, SWS, GL and C.A.´s SSS w/o being logged in.

Good point. I'll let dB answer that. Of course, he's still figuring out how all this works and where all the switches are.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

1 minute ago, zephonic said:

But can we only view this forum when logged in?

I'm sure that's a setting, it probably defaults to "only when logged in" but looking at CasioMusicForums.com (which uses the same software) we can choose what's viewable by the public and what isn't.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

5 minutes ago, zephonic said:

But can we only view this forum when logged in? I mean, I used to mostly view the forum logged out and only log in if I wanted to post something, is that not possible anymore?

There's a category for guests as well as members, so you should be able to see the active forums if you're not logged in.  I just went and made sure that's toggled on....

The Archives are not visible to guests.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Just now, cphollis said:

Hey, cut and paste graphics!  Kewl!

image.thumb.png.1b14cd78e9e8193bc2a151331c416aba.png

I'm just scoring cheap posting points for putting up messages that aren't really adding any value to the conversation.  Kind of like I did on the old website.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

4 minutes ago, zephonic said:

Also, in the previous iteration of the forum "your posts" had been moved to "followed content". But I don't see that there anymore?

Dunno...not done checking the place out myself. :idk:

Look at your profile though - it's more comprehensive than the old one.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I'm sure it will take time to orient ourselves in the new digs, but let's face it - there are 1,354,338 ways a migration can do wrong (I still have nightmares about GC changing Harmony Central's platforms), and only one way it can go right. Knock on wood, but it looks like the latter!

• Like 3

It doesn't look like any of the plank spankers have come back to their forum yet. :idk: