Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

Dave Bryce

I see a Theme at the bottom now. It shows Bravo 6 and Dynamic Theme (in addition to "Default (Default)"). Both are dark. At first blush, I see no difference between the two, but I'm sure there's something.

For the moment, I'm on Bravo 6. If nothing else, it cuts down on the glare.

Back to doing electronic repairs...

Grey

• Like 1

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Themes look great!  I'm pretty partial to the Bravo 6 theme myself.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1/Roland VR-760/Hydrasynth Deluxe/

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 5/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX

I can find other themes, and/or get a custom one.  Just wanted to get the option up and supply a Dark Mode for those (like myself) who like it.

I'll try to get a background for the light one next.

dB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Themes are working great. Bravo 6 FTW so far (more readable than "Dynamic" to me).

This new platform is awesome and you rock for making this happen. It's nice have pulled within a decade or two of the present day.

• Thanks 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

2 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

I was thinking more for folks just looking for info about X keyboard where Google will show a thread about it from this forum.

That will come, I'm sure. But for me, I'm looking forward to having the search indexing done so we can do all kinds of searches. That's something that will be really powerful here.

• Like 3

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Other features that the migration seems to have broken are clickable links and clickable images. As for clickable images, see the second post in the:

Oddly, the link above contains the image that won’t display in the NFL thread. When I pasted the link, using iOS, the clickable image above was substituted for the link I meant to post. In other words, when I want a clickable image, I get a clickable link. When I want a clickable link, I get a clickable image. :freak:

The clickable image is only a feature I use a few times per year, and I don’t see others using it that often either; but I thought I’d mention it in case you’d like to put it in the queue. Clickable links, on the other hand, get used more often.

FWIW, when I try a variety of ways to post a clickable link on my Mac, I get the following results:

[URL=https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/178553-official-nfl-2021-2022-thread/]Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread[/URL]

<url=https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/178553-official-nfl-2021-2022-thread/>Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread</url>

https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/178553-official-nfl-2021-2022-thread/

Here's a link I formatted in MS Word. I've copied it and pasted it below:

Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread

As that method works, it's a good workaround for anyone who has Word and wants to post a clickable link.

Thanks again for all you’re doing to help us get comfortable in the new digs. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Got my darkmode on too :2thu:

My old bookmarked URL has also started working again. :idk: 

I imagine you'll get to it eventually, but just wanted to give another mention to the thread sidebar thingamabob... I don't think many of us need to see who the top posters in the thread are and which days its been popular etc.

Thanks again to the crew for all the hard work 🤘 🤘

39 minutes ago, MAJUSCULE said:

imagine you'll get to it eventually, but just wanted to give another mention to the thread sidebar thingamabob... I don't think many of us need to see who the top posters in the thread are and which days its been popular etc.

Thanks again to the crew for all the hard work 🤘 🤘

+1 and a big thanks! 
Also another nudge about removing the first few lines of the original post in the Topic home page. Or at least have it as a pref. Some of the topics are very old.

Here for the gear.

14 hours ago, MAJUSCULE said:

It appears all former heart reactions have turned into dislikes :lolol:

My mistake.  Fixed, I think.

Gotta stop messing with the CP for  while.  Playoff football... 😎🙌

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

3 hours ago, drawback said:

+1 and a big thanks! 
Also another nudge about removing the first few lines of the original post in the Topic home page. Or at least have it as a pref. Some of the topics are very old.

Rod, just curious, have you tried toggling between "Condensed View" and "Expanded View", to the left of the "Start New Topic" button?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MAJUSCULE said:

Rod, just curious, have you tried toggling between "Condensed View" and "Expanded View", to the left of the "Start New Topic" button?

Makes no difference. The sidebar is still there.

edit: you must have meant to remove the first few OP lines. Thanks, that’s now solved! 

• Like 1

Here for the gear.

So many amazing tweaks, thanks! Anyone else having issues with the full inbox? There are some private message threads I'd really rather not delete for sentimentality's sake, but will if I have to :)

I'd like to add my 2 cents. First of all, *thank you* to have accomplished such an huge migration without demolishing our former common home! 👏 👏 It must have been quite an effort.

Second, like several have noticed already, the page layout could be made easier to the eyes. To me, the bright theme is too bright, and the dark themes are too dark... and what makes them hard to watch is the *sameness* of color - the 'continuous' bright or dark theme along the page. If at all possible, I'd suggest some kind of graphic *separation* among the topics on the main page, and among the post inside a topic. Probably, in a contrasting degree of brightess/darkness.... 🙃

Third, like others I think that the right-hand sidebar is taking too much space from the post themselves. That could be placed differently, minimized in size, or discarded.

Please don't see these as complaints. I am, in fact, very very grateful for your great work. Just trying to give my little contribution to the decor of our new home...! 🤗

And - the Green Grin is still here, so I'm happy!! :D

The Bravo 6 dark theme is nice. The Dyamic Theme is good too, but it misses some icons in firefox.

For example the arrow pointing down in the Themes box at the bottom of the page is missing and a box with an hexa number FD 01 appears instead.  The icons in the main forum page indicating new posts are also missing. I wonder if it is only me who has a missing font (I am on linux):

missingIcon.png.83bf8b021f4c7873cac6010c34b280d6.png

7 hours ago, Mr -G- said:

The Dyamic Theme is good too, but it misses some icons in firefox.

For example the arrow pointing down in the Themes box at the bottom of the page is missing and a box with an hexa number FD 01 appears instead.

Answering myself here in case it is useful: I just realised that the missing fonts in the Dynamic theme are provided by an external site (fontawesome.com). If running NoScript in the browser, the site might be blocked, and that prevents showing those fonts.

I hate it! Put the old one back!😜

Its downright elegant. I'll gladly adapt to the minor shifts. Very fine work, all of you!👏                                      

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"