Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So what did Santa bring you?

Sadly, no new synth or board for me...

I got duck decoys, a duck camo bag, a new duck call, some duck decoy anchor rigs -- I'm sensing a theme here.............

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@stokely I"m using a K&M boom that doesn"t require an adapter. It"s a euro style 3/8' mount.

Either way, do you know what"s the part number for the metal version of the plate?

Thanks!

An acoustically decent home studio full of hand-picked gear that I love to play and record with!

The plate is also pretty flimsy, and they sell a metal version, but I haven't needed it. Anyway, the solution I found for the bolt is to put a different size no-head bolt that didn't require an adapter (smaller than the 5/8" adapter, works with the booms as-is), and on the underside of the plate put another nut and washer and tighten that down. This way it can't fall down or move at all and I never have to open the top (well, unless I wanted to remove one tier, which is a bummer with this stand if you want to only have one tier for certain gigs.)

Do you know the K&M part number for the replacement metal plate?

An acoustically decent home studio full of hand-picked gear that I love to play and record with!

I don"t know if 'cool' and 'synthesizer t-shirt' go together in the same sentence, but I got some cool synthesizer t-shirts from my wife: one with modular patch cables in a sort of curling wave design, another with assorted gear on it. Cool.
I make software noises.

I don"t know if 'cool' and 'synthesizer t-shirt' go together in the same sentence, but I got some cool synthesizer t-shirts from my wife: one with modular patch cables in a sort of curling wave design, another with assorted gear on it. Cool.

John do you know where she got them from?

The plate is also pretty flimsy, and they sell a metal version, but I haven't needed it. Anyway, the solution I found for the bolt is to put a different size no-head bolt that didn't require an adapter (smaller than the 5/8" adapter, works with the booms as-is), and on the underside of the plate put another nut and washer and tighten that down. This way it can't fall down or move at all and I never have to open the top (well, unless I wanted to remove one tier, which is a bummer with this stand if you want to only have one tier for certain gigs.)

Do you know the K&M part number for the replacement metal plate?

Hi there, this is what I considered:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1105880-REG/k_m_18853_000_55_18853_adapter_for_spider.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=CjwKCAiAiKuOBhBQEiwAId_sKzJtTAbpv8Y7_pprrDZIH9-Jr8wBGCwBRprgTjzmuCThrjyC01mbAhoCnNMQAvD_BwE

Again, my main issue wasn't the plate itself, it was the bolt that goes through it. I'd have to take off my plate to remember exactly what I did to help hold the bolt there, but it hasn't budged since I made the change. The plate has held up for 200 gigs or so.

Thanks!

For some reason the link didn"t work, but I figured out the part number from the link (K&M 18853) and found it on Thomann for $13.75. I see why the issue isn"t really this plate, but rather how the boom is attached to it.

Again, thank you!

Numa Piano X 73⦠but Santa is running late on that one.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Does being your own Santa count?

I've been looking for my "Holy Grail" board for a few years now... a 73-key board with quality weighted action and awesome AP and EP sounds. Loved the Nord sounds, developed a love/hate relationship with the TP100 on the HP models though. Then saw the Piano 5 73 had the same action as the 88-key model. Was able to do an A/B comparison of the Piano 5 vs the Yamaha YC - liked the Nord sound and action better than the Yamaha.

Sold my Electro 6 HP two days before Christmas, used the money (plus only a couple hundred bucks more) to buy the NP 5 73. It arrived on Tuesday and it's everything I've ever wanted.

Nord: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D

Casio: PX-5S

Yamaha: P-121

Novation: MiniNova, BSII, Circuit

DSI Mopho x4

Late November: Managed an insane score on a Bag End 18" sub with Infra-M EQ. (If only I could have that sort of luck with the lottery...)

Early December: Behringer 2600. Finally.

Santa'ed both of those myself.

Then Mrs. Santa got me the Behringer 914 filter while it was on sale. Very useful for those of us who find the static-like click at the beginning of synthetic drum strokes to be highly annoying...filter anything above, say, 250-350Hz. Problem solved. Then do the Deep Oscillator thing and blend the synth drum with a sampled real orchestral bass drum and you've got something that will dust off your (sub)woofers and actually sound like a drum instead of an alien farting outside your window.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Two Yorkville EXM Mobile 8's, just before Christmas. Not only are they great-sounding, lightweight battery-powered keyboard/PA speakers, they're awesome for Bluetooth streaming audio anywhere around the house. Better specs than the JBL EON One Compacts.

https://yorkville.com/loudspeakers/excursion/product/exm-mobile-8/

Here for the gear.

First music oriented gift, got a Mackie Element Condenser microphone from my nephew, since he heard that I had a home studio.

Well, my singing are crap, and I do not do YouTube videos, so I had to order a Harley Benton acoustic guitar to use the microphone with â¦..

Now I have to learn a bit more guitar, but hopefully it will learn me to be more precisely with my pitch bendsâ¦..

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Santa'd myself an EV ELX200p-10 PA speaker. Orchestral Tools sent me a 25 euro voucher so I got their Celesta from Berlin Percussion for $1. That's close to a Santa I suppose.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments