Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

1 minute ago, surfergirl said:

It is still available on their YouTube channel. There is a lot of really great covers there.  

Thanks for the heads-up; I'll go there!

Hey- here ya go: 😎

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

19 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

I'll figure this posting stuff out eventually.😕

It's not your fault that the video got pulled! Prrrobably a publishing rights kinda sorta thing. That happens a LOT on YouTube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hurricane hugo said:

Never heard of these dudes before yesterday, and I'm still trying to come up with a way to describe their feedback-laced sludge, although most of these songs are a bit too uptempo for the sludge term. 

That is GOOD STUFF!

I’m hearing…Black Sabbath/Stoner style riffs with early Judas Priest/NWOBHM tempos. There’s also a bit of Hawkwind/BÖC/Budgie/psychedelic and Cult/goth choices in effects and sonic textures thrown in.

I’m not hearing the vocalist clearly enough to make me completely happy, but I can live with it.

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

A little closer to home is Marc Rebillet, who uses his musical talents and irreverence to craft som killer tunes…many of which also have NSFW language (like the last 2).  His videos are often improvised, and if you look, you might find a 19 minute version of a song that has been edited down to 3-4 minutes.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes! About a decade ago Nels was hanging backstage at one of our gigs & asked if I'd heard of Julian, who was then maybe 19 or 20. He told me they had just just recorded a duo album I should check out. And that Julian kicked Nels' butt. I got the album, it is amazing & great, & how wonderful to hear a new voice who could totally hang in the same league as Nels. I've been a huge Lage fan since, hoping to wangle a pass to hear Julian on our off night at the Big Ears Festival in Knoxville in a couple days. 

• Like 3
Scott Fraser

On 3/22/2022 at 10:04 PM, Scott Fraser said:

Oh yes! About a decade ago Nels was hanging backstage at one of our gigs & asked if I'd heard of Julian, who was then maybe 19 or 20. He told me they had just just recorded a duo album I should check out. And that Julian kicked Nels' butt. I got the album, it is amazing & great, & how wonderful to hear a new voice who could totally hang in the same league as Nels. I've been a huge Lage fan since, hoping to wangle a pass to hear Julian on our off night at the Big Ears Festival in Knoxville in a couple days. 

Just got back from the Julian Lage set at the Bijou Theater in Knoxville. It was every bit as wonderful as the first time I saw him, & again, there wasn't a single moment I wasn't totally digging it. He played his signature Collings into a Deluxe Reverb & once again reminded one that music can be utterly & completely joyful. A must for all guitar players.

• Like 4
Scott Fraser

Check this Fusiony performance out- Killin' it! Badass jammin':

👉 https://fb.watch/c5-m0vc-FJ/  👈

On 3/26/2022 at 9:31 PM, IMMusicRulz said:

This album [ Brain Salad Surgery] is worth listening to in its entirety, but the tracks Still You Turn Me On and Jerusalem stand out.

Love that album! "Still You Turn Me On" is excellent, a fantastic song.

I particularly love "Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression":

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Check this Fusiony performance out- Killin' it! Badass jammin':

👉 https://fb.watch/c5-m0vc-FJ/  👈

Love that album! "Still You Turn Me On" is excellent, a fantastic song.

I particularly love "Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression":

I will not die before I can play the 2nd Impression on piano. At my current rate of progress, I will live to at least 130.

• Like 1

Marty Stewart and his Fabulous Superlatives are some of the best pickers, singers, showmen, etc., out there IMHO.  I saw them live out here in California a couple years ago and can highly recommend their show.  Even if you're not really a country fan, you'll appreciate what you here and see.  Marty is an excellent Mandolin and Guitar player that can wow and audience...😎👍

Ps. Kenny Vaughan is just as good as Marty on guitar. The bass and drummer play excellent and provide great backing vocals. Marty and Kenny play excellent original surf music when out here in Californie too! 👍

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

(After introducing band members) "This is my band, I'm in front of it; That makes me David Bowie."

"Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole.

Not like you... "

• Like 2