Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

• 4 weeks later...

Nice!  I’ve never heard that band.  I think I might want to hear more.

Just on the basis of seeing and hearing their style, they remind me of  these two Touareg bands, Bombino and Tinariwen:

• Like 3

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

On 2/12/2022 at 1:02 AM, IMMusicRulz said:

I have been listening to Leftoverture by Kansas, and other albums I might listen to tonight are Agents Of Fortune by Blue Oyster Cult.

Don't fear tha reaper

Given that you seem to be digging Rock stuff from the period- rather broadly speaking on both counts, but still- check out the albums:

Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath

Cultösaurus Erectus by Blue Öyster Cult

Obsession by U.F.O.

Cheap Trick by Cheap Trick (who else? 😁) (Their 1977 debut album, with the black and white cover)

Presence and In Through The Out Door by Led Zeppelin

Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) by David Bowie

Quadrophenia by The Who

Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures by Rush

The Yes Album by Yes (of course, right? 😉)

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

On 1/12/2022 at 11:20 AM, surfergirl said:

Prince at about 3:30.

The other day someone I know mentioned this and complained about Prince's ego or something... and I had to post this so he could read the actual behind the scenes thing and see who really brought the ego to the only short rehearsal they were able to have, and how Prince graciously shared the spotlight with the guy rather than having him canned like almost any other name guitarist on earth you can name would have...

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/tom-petty-and-others-tell-the-story-behind-princes-while-my-guitar-gently-weeps-solo

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Caevan OShite said:

Dig.

The guitar sound in the intro almost made me hit pause, but I actually like this; the drummer's minimal kit is great, what a nice bit of relief from all the guys who think they're Neil Peart. Nice bass solo, nice vibe, nice sunglasses.

• Like 2
Scott Fraser

6 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

Got this sound stuck in my head for a while - Am I crazy for thinking this is beautiful?

King Crimson - Level Five

Not at all, Winston. I'd like to hear that performed note-for-note by orchestral strings and percussion!

Is that a live concert recording, or a 'studio' recording?

4 hours ago, Scott Fraser said:

[Re: "Vespa" by The Fearless Flyers] The guitar sound in the intro almost made me hit pause, but I actually like this; the drummer's minimal kit is great, what a nice bit of relief from all the guys who think they're Neil Peart. Nice bass solo, nice vibe, nice sunglasses.

A particularly extreme deployment of analog octave-fuzz, and trickier to pull off just-so the way Cory Wong does here than it may seem; believe me, his touch is 'just-right' there, as is his rhythmic timing and perfect attack- any slop or even simply more typical strummy playing would make that a mess. I know whatcha mean, Scott, but I kinda like it, too!

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

7 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

Got this sound stuck in my head for a while - Am I crazy for thinking this is beautiful?

King Crimson - Level Five

I do think it's good.
The fact is..
no matter how closely I study it,
no matter how I take it apart,
no matter how I break it down,
It remains consistant.

😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/