Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Butch Trucks from the Allman Brothers Dead at 69

Outkaster

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Butch.... he was the boss of the band....at least in the later years....Butch seems to have been the level headed, business minded one... I know Greg didn't want to do that...

My old band toured with them and Dicky Betts more before I was in the band... I did 3 play dates though with my old band and the Allmans (Raleigh, Charlotte,Virginia Beach) ate in their gourmet/ tie died tablecloth dining rooms and all but when I was there we only played the 'Entry' stage, though we were part of the crew/artists. They had shared the Main Stage w/ both before I was in the band ( I always regretted this)...on 1 2 month tour with Allmans and 2 2 month tours with Betts in CA ...

Very sad to hear this today ...

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Saw Butch many times. Great drummer.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Yeah. Shocking thing, but a lot of people in my world choose to exit on their own terms.

Not being judgmental, just respectful.

BTW, not my thing. Just sayin' Brings up the whole topic of how do we gracefully exit from life?

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

He must have been in a really bad way to have done that while his wife was "nearby." Totally tragic and awful for her.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

This may be the modern version of "live fast, die young & leave a good looking corpse". Instead of your fans seeing you whither away into an impotent skeleton, which you cant bear the thought of, youll leave live on your own terms. Its a kind of ego trip that leaves the loved ones demolished. Some people regarded as very nice people have done this lately. I cease to feel sorry for them and shift my sympatico to the abandoned loved ones.

FunMachine.

So sad.... so incredibly sad....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

This may be the modern version of "live fast, die young & leave a good looking corpse". Instead of your fans seeing you whither away into an impotent skeleton, which you cant bear the thought of, youll leave live on your own terms. Its a kind of ego trip that leaves the loved ones demolished. Some people regarded as very nice people have done this lately. I cease to feel sorry for them and shift my sympatico to the abandoned loved ones.
We have No Idea what led him to do what he did. I won't judge him. He may have been suffering a lot or had issues we do not know about. In any case, I feel for his loved ones.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived