Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboardist scene stealer

TommyRude

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great. But he didn't want to pantomime clarinet? I guess that could have been dangerous.

In college some radio/TV production students were doing a music video style project and asked me to pantomime bass. I said sure. I wasn't nearly as ridiculous as that guy--but I didn't have his moves--but I was still pretty ridiculous. It played on the campus station quite a bit, and people thought I could also play bass.

EDIT: I had to watch it again, and it got even better. I must now master the duck under the keyboard move.

Don't know who he is, but I'm pretty sure it's hard to make sounds on the Kawai K4 without the power supply plugged in.

I know mine is...

In fact, there ain't a cord plugged in to any of those electronic instruments.

Maybe they're the Balkan Mlli Vanilli?

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

I've played my share of Greek dances, weddings, etc., and if I acted like that I would probably be chased out of the place. :laugh:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

:roll:

Ah ..... Now I begin to see where I have been going wrong....... Apparently You have to sneak up to your keyboard and pounce on it when it is not looking....,, :idea::D

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

First I had to learn to program a wobble bass. Now I have to practice the 'booger flick'.

Playing keyboards is hard work!

It's snot really that difficult. :)

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

First I had to learn to program a wobble bass. Now I have to practice the 'booger flick'.

Playing keyboards is hard work!

It's snot really that difficult. :)

Boogie woogie?

Remember - you can make a record without an organ on it, but it won't be as good

www.robpoyton.co.uk

At 2:30 does he pick and flick a booger at the singer? Sure looks like it. He's kind of hilarious but maybe they should consider keeping some tranquilizer darts handy at their next video shoot.

ahhaaahahaha... I missed that the first time through :pop:

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Archived