Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HX3 MIDI expander module

TKN

I am really intrigued by the HX3 - as I have been looking to upgrade my sound.. But I love the feel of my current boards.

Can anyone tell me how much work/cost would be involved in mapping a Nord Electro 2 or a Nord C1 to control the HX3?

Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me how much work/cost would be involved in mapping a Nord Electro 2 or a Nord C1 to control the HX3?

Oh right, Nord, I should have mentioned them in my previous post, too. AFAIK, all the Nords just send standard MIDI CC from their drawbars, and the HX3 apparently comes with a Windows utility for mapping the CCs you want to the appropriate functions. So unless the Windows app is really bad, it should take about 5 minutes. Cost is free... unless you need to buy a Windows machine to run the app. ;-)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hmmmm....I am having computer issues, so I had to take part two to address one other thing.

It is good to see a return of the module as opposed to having to buy complete keyboards. Look at the price of the HX3. I am really hoping to see a trend in this direction.

It would be nice to see a smaller company come out with a module for piano that would provide the same quality that I heard from the Ravenscoft at NAMM this winter. It would also be nice to include some great samples of some electric pianos instead of what we get stuck with most of the time .

I still can't figure out why Yamaha can come up with a basically good acoustic piano sample such as the P-255 and NOT include one decent electric piano in that package. Even Williams offers a better EP than the Yamaha P-255 in their semi weighted Legato for 199 dollars. I just don't get it.

It might be prudent here to offer a word to the wise: from my experience with the HX3, it might not be considered a "plug and play" module like the VK8m, for example. It makes extensive use of an internal menu structure, so you need to be comfortable with knob tweaking and parameter navigation. If you aren't intermediately tech savvy, this might not be the right module for you. I'd suggest getting an X3 that is already wired with all the right parameters and settings.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

It would be nice to see a smaller company come out with a module for piano that would provide the same quality that I heard from the Ravenscoft

It works on a Muse Receptor, so you can get a "piano module" of that quality if that's what you need.

It's probably not likely that you'll see something like that on a more low cost module in the near future... it's got 6 GB of samples compressed (35 GB uncompressed). There doesn't seem to be any cost effective way to do something like that without a full computer. (In keyboards, Kronos comes close, and it basically has a full computer in it, as does, of course, the Receptor. Kurzweil has the Forte, but again, it's not inexpensive.)

I still can't figure out why Yamaha can come up with a basically good acoustic piano sample such as the P-255 and NOT include one decent electric piano in that package. Even Williams offers a better EP than the Yamaha P-255 in their semi weighted Legato for 199 dollars. I just don't get it.

Yamaha will gladly sell you a Reface CP to connect to your P255. ;-) If you have an i-device, you might find some EPs to your liking there that you can trigger from the P255 as well.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Thanks for the warning from Mitch.

I did order an HX3 today, and no, I am not technically savvy by any stretch. A lot depends on how well instructions are written, and I am assuming there is German translation involved here.

So, before seeing this warning, I went ahead and ordered an HX3. By the way I was told by the people at Diversi that there would be a bit of a " wait" for this unit, as they do not actually have any in stock.

I also do recall that there were some sketchy issues in the past with the Diversi company when the very first organs with the Key B engine were issued. So I am a little nervous about ordering at this introductory price.

But the company has been around for awhile, so I will try to remain optmistic.If I can't figure the unit out there might be one on garage sale at a good price in the near future.

Divirsi is the US distributer at this point best I can tell. The product is shipping from Germany to them and then to you. There haven't been any complaints about the product so far, that shouldn't change now.
:nopity:

I'd wait 'til I see it. Ostensibly, Roland and Yamaha manuals are written in English, too. ;-)

I am really intrigued by the HX3 - as I have been looking to upgrade my sound.. But I love the feel of my current boards.

Thanks!!

I mapped my Nord Electro 4D to the HX3 expander. It didn't take long. There was no additional cost. The drawbars and most of the buttons work fine. Unfortunately the percussion buttons didn't exactly map because of Nord's implementation (I.e., not a separate button for each funtion). Note that that the app used to implement the mapping is only available for Windows.

I'll be waiting for this, hopefully it's not vaporware.

HX3 drawbar module

And if it does materialize, I hope Diversi will carry it also and it won't be too expensive.

Paul

I felt free fixing your link.

If I were in the expander market, I´d wait for that too.

AFAIK, it will come,- maybe end of year already ...

A.C.

Thanks Al for the fix, although mine did seem to work Ok.

I really do hope this unit becomes a reality. Sounds like maybe an Xmas gift with this time frame?

Maybe loose the SK1-73 and push this with a Yamaha or Kurzweil..as I've said in the past many times over, as much as I'd love to have waterfall keys for organ playing, I want 76 keys not 73....someday it will happen.

Paul

As far as tweaking the HX3 it's too bad that most of us could not see one before purchase but that's the nature of availability of all this boutique clone material.

I know many people have have still not yet seen a Numa much less Mojo,Key B and now this.

That being said, the VK8m was not exactly easy to program. First of all there was the issue of setting up a leslie sim bypass via sysex command. Fortunately I had a computer genius help me with this.

There was no edit screen on the VK8 m so everything had to be adjusted via a system of led changes.

But the VK8m turned out to be one of my favorite pieces of gear I ever had. As far as I am concerned this VR09 business can't touch it.

I would be curious to hear some experience of how easy this is to establish basic parameters. I do not plan to map it to drawbars and CC assignments initailly. I was told by Diversi that presets could be established, so I plan to start with that to see if this module is the sound for me.

By the way, I played my Numa last night and am wondering why I need this latest thing in the first place......

Hi Guys,

There are a few links I'd like to share with you (some are in german, but google translation works fine - others there are English translations already done)

1) The HX3 Forum: http://forum.keyboardpartner.de/viewforum.php?f=3

2) The HX3 Remote Application (you can dowload and install it for free to see how you would apply custom CC): https://github.com/keyboardpartner/HX3

3) The HX3 Wiki: http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.php?title=HX3_Update_Application

Also, please note there is a new firmware only updater and they fixed the bug that was causing the licenses to to transfer (so no more need for screenshots, although it still can't hurt).

Best Regards,

John

P.S. as far as sound goes, you can hear many demos of the unit on youtube, so really... I think it's not that hard to make decisions on whether or not you want to purchase this, even without having it "hands on".

P.P.S. I still think my Mojo's sound is "Better" in some ways to the HX3, but again, this is all so personal and subjective. I still need to decide which I'm going to sell - but I'm not keeping both. Anybody interested in discussing any of the above, please PM me if I can help in any way.

I still think my Mojo's sound is "Better" in some ways to the HX3, but again, this is all so personal and subjective. I still need to decide which I'm going to sell - but I'm not keeping both.

To anyone who has had the opportunity to use both, I'm really curious to hear some more detailed comparisons. Not just "I like X better," but in what context you're using it. Melodic jazz or screaming rock? Internal sim, Vent, or real Leslie? How about comparing specific attributes, like the key click, leakage, percussion...? How it responds as you lay into (and out of) the expression pedal?

I still think my Mojo's sound is "Better" in some ways to the HX3, but again, this is all so personal and subjective. I still need to decide which I'm going to sell - but I'm not keeping both.

To anyone who has had the opportunity to use both, I'm really curious to hear some more detailed comparisons. Not just "I like X better," but in what context you're using it. Melodic jazz or screaming rock? Internal sim, Vent, or real Leslie? How about comparing specific attributes, like the key click, leakage, percussion...? How it responds as you lay into (and out of) the expression pedal?

I apologize for the lengthy post.

Fair enough (although I did say it is subjective, so what may be "better" for me, may not be "better" for somebody else). The person who would really know is DaveOsof - as he has had the most experience with both. Hopefully he will chime in and probably disagree with me on some things :)

(for reference purposes, I run sound through a Mackie ProVSTv2 12 Channel Mixer > Behringer B1200D > Centerpoint SSv3 (which BTW - the SSv3 made all the difference in the world....(the sub-wooofer being not entirely necessary in most cases unless you are playing alot of LH or foot bass). Both my Mojo and HX3 have been updated with the latest firmware.

I play w/ foot pedals - an older set of Roland PK9 (discontinued)) These pedals include a direct "Swell" connection (i.e. non-midi) connection to the Mojo that responds well with both equally as well as the swell pedal that comes with the Mojo...you also can go the midi route for volume control, but I've found the direct connection is more responsive.

Regarding what I like better about the Mojo is:

1) Tone: I feel the Mojo sounds "fuller & warmer" as far as the organ tone goes especially in the mids and lows- including when played with the C/V (I use C-3 setting mostly on lower manual 848000000 and mix up upper from 888000000 to full 8888888888 and everywhere in between) - to me it sounds close to my real B-3 w/ 147 (w/ Fischer reverb) + PR-40 tone-cabinet. I haven't yet gotten there with the HX3 - but I think it can be done....its a little more work and I haven't had as much time with it as I have the Mojo. But just laying down the same triad on the Mojo sounds "warmer" than the HX3 (again, it might be that I need to EQ my HX3 better). One negative to the mojo I've noticed is some "shrill" in the upper range when screaming out a loud held chord - maybe this can be EQ'd better. I did not notice this on the HX3.

2) Controls: I like the fact that I can on the fly adjust the Drive, Key click, Reverb, Bass. & Treble right on the organ. It is convenient to have these at your finger tips - although you can "map" these parameters from the HX3 to midi controller knobs, or use the built in HX3 controls - it's a bit more complex to setup (mapping, figuring out what parameters due what, etc.) - also, the new Mojo "Memphis Sound" and "Paradise Mode" add new nuances to playing. Key Click (as far as I know) is not adjustable on the HX3 - somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I prefer the internal Leslie Sim on the Mojo better than the HX3's leslie Sim - but since I got the SSv3 this kind of became moot (I don't own a Vent apparently trumps all - I just don't have first hand experience with it). I have the MojoEditor so I can tweak many parameters very easily including choosing from 20+ different organs, from early 60's mellow B-3's, to late model 70 C-3's, to A-100s also things like leakage & xtalk. You can get this on the HX3 as well, but you have to reach up to the box and use the modules controls and menu dive or map to a controller. On the Mojo, they are right "there"....and with the Mojo Editor I can tweak even further easily while playing even.

4). C/V I think the Mojo is more true to the B3. (Again, perhaps I have to dial in my HX3 more).

5.) Percussion - HX3 sounds "woodier" - but maybe a different organ model on the Mojo would fix that - I have yet to go through each of the 20 organs and compare the percussion. That said, I have access on the Mojo to control the percussion through the MojoEditor (which BTW - is a hardware controller with a big dial and 2 buttons and allow you to save configurations. You cannot do this with the HX3. (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

6) I also like the added E-Piano sounds (Rhodes) available on the mojo...(But then need something else for piano (I prefer weighted 88 keys when playing piano anyways - I have an older Roland A-90 controller (and a vintage Kurzweil midiboard) which I use both for the internal sounds (A-90) as well as controlling software VSTs and my MKS-20.

7) One thing I prefer on the HX3 that I haven't found on the Mojo is to remove the bass on the rotary.

It might just be that the HX3 probably can duplicate all the sounds and tones that the mojo makes, it just that the Mojo makes it easier (for me). I need more time with it.

I've never had my mojo crash, and I've never experienced any latency - so all that about "it's done all in hardware and has zero latency" doesn't mean much to me. When I play the Mojo, it "feels" very close to playing my B3...I don't get that same feeling when playing the HX3 (again - subjective, and maybe it's not 'dialed-in').

As to how I'm playing it - I'm not a (currently) gigging musician anymore. I play for myself and my family. Every night my kids ask me to play the organ for them while they are falling asleep (I usually play slower jazzy ballads - but they seem to fall asleep equally well to faster rock/gospel or jazz stuff too). I switch between the B-3 and the Mojo...usually don't play the HX3....since I haven't "perfected" the sound. After I play, I ask my wife to guess which I was playing (she's average as far as musically inclined) and she is right half the time.

All that said - based on other (probably better players) than I have told me that they prefer the HX3 and it currently hold the #1 position for organ tone. I want to be convinced because of my dilemma....

I also need a good midi dual manual controller, since I play mostly organ...which the Mojo isn't so good at being. The DMC-122 is that. This is why I would want to keep my HX3 and just have to spend some time dialing in the sound to get what I want, and map the controls I like from the Mojo to the midi controls the DMC has. Which I'm sure can be done. I just haven't gotten it there yet.

Bottom line for a purchase is that although they both have a great sound, it depends what you need. The Mojo is a full ready to go out of the box keyboard/organ and, the DMC-122 / HX3 combo is a little more of a project, but has more to offer as a controller.

For a good sound comparison, I suggest you listen to Tony Monaco play the mojo on youtube (through an 8800 I believe) and you'll get a good feeling for how it sounds. Also there are HX3 demo's on youtube.

Lastly - if I was to have to choose between running a software B3 VST or the HX3 - it's hands down HX3.

As I previously stated, you can download the user manuals for both the Mojo and the HX3 (and the MojoEditor) (all are in English) as well as the WIKI's, forums, and even the HX3's application for customizing the CC Midi set.

As I said initially - this is all subjective and I sort of wanted to avoid typing all this (I guess I'm somewhat afraid of people telling me how "wrong" I am). But that's my take with a grain of salt.

Hope that helps?

-John

the new HX3 module is what I've been waiting for. easy to keep the rig down to 2 boards, my es3 88 and a triton extreme 76 would suit my needs very well.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

To those of you who purchased the HX3 module during our recent special introductory pricing for the North American market, we thank you. There's more news coming soon. If you wish to be the first "in the know," feel free to subscribe to our email mailing list. http://www.diversi.us/subscribe.html

Thanks again,

Diversi

Diversi Musical Products

By the way, I played my Numa last night and am wondering why I need this latest thing in the first place......

LX88-

Having gotten squeezed out of the introductory sale, I'm seriously looking at an aggressively priced Numa. Mind if I PM you with a few questions?

Thanks...

I apologize for the lengthy post.

Fair enough (although I did say it is subjective, so what may be "better" for me, may not be "better" for somebody else). The person who would really know is DaveOsof - as he has had the most experience with both. Hopefully he will chime in and probably disagree with me on some things :)

(for reference purposes, I run sound through a Mackie ProVSTv2 12 Channel Mixer > Behringer B1200D > Centerpoint SSv3 (which BTW - the SSv3 made all the difference in the world....(the sub-wooofer being not entirely necessary in most cases unless you are playing alot of LH or foot bass). Both my Mojo and HX3 have been updated with the latest firmware.

I play w/ foot pedals - an older set of Roland PK9 (discontinued)) These pedals include a direct "Swell" connection (i.e. non-midi) connection to the Mojo that responds well with both equally as well as the swell pedal that comes with the Mojo...you also can go the midi route for volume control, but I've found the direct connection is more responsive.

Regarding what I like better about the Mojo is:

1) Tone: I feel the Mojo sounds "fuller & warmer" as far as the organ tone goes especially in the mids and lows- including when played with the C/V (I use C-3 setting mostly on lower manual 848000000 and mix up upper from 888000000 to full 8888888888 and everywhere in between) - to me it sounds close to my real B-3 w/ 147 (w/ Fischer reverb) + PR-40 tone-cabinet. I haven't yet gotten there with the HX3 - but I think it can be done....its a little more work and I haven't had as much time with it as I have the Mojo. But just laying down the same triad on the Mojo sounds "warmer" than the HX3 (again, it might be that I need to EQ my HX3 better). One negative to the mojo I've noticed is some "shrill" in the upper range when screaming out a loud held chord - maybe this can be EQ'd better. I did not notice this on the HX3.

2) Controls: I like the fact that I can on the fly adjust the Drive, Key click, Reverb, Bass. & Treble right on the organ. It is convenient to have these at your finger tips - although you can "map" these parameters from the HX3 to midi controller knobs, or use the built in HX3 controls - it's a bit more complex to setup (mapping, figuring out what parameters due what, etc.) - also, the new Mojo "Memphis Sound" and "Paradise Mode" add new nuances to playing. Key Click (as far as I know) is not adjustable on the HX3 - somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I prefer the internal Leslie Sim on the Mojo better than the HX3's leslie Sim - but since I got the SSv3 this kind of became moot (I don't own a Vent apparently trumps all - I just don't have first hand experience with it). I have the MojoEditor so I can tweak many parameters very easily including choosing from 20+ different organs, from early 60's mellow B-3's, to late model 70 C-3's, to A-100s also things like leakage & xtalk. You can get this on the HX3 as well, but you have to reach up to the box and use the modules controls and menu dive or map to a controller. On the Mojo, they are right "there"....and with the Mojo Editor I can tweak even further easily while playing even.

4). C/V I think the Mojo is more true to the B3. (Again, perhaps I have to dial in my HX3 more).

5.) Percussion - HX3 sounds "woodier" - but maybe a different organ model on the Mojo would fix that - I have yet to go through each of the 20 organs and compare the percussion. That said, I have access on the Mojo to control the percussion through the MojoEditor (which BTW - is a hardware controller with a big dial and 2 buttons and allow you to save configurations. You cannot do this with the HX3. (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

6) I also like the added E-Piano sounds (Rhodes) available on the mojo...(But then need something else for piano (I prefer weighted 88 keys when playing piano anyways - I have an older Roland A-90 controller (and a vintage Kurzweil midiboard) which I use both for the internal sounds (A-90) as well as controlling software VSTs and my MKS-20.

7) One thing I prefer on the HX3 that I haven't found on the Mojo is to remove the bass on the rotary.

It might just be that the HX3 probably can duplicate all the sounds and tones that the mojo makes, it just that the Mojo makes it easier (for me). I need more time with it.

I've never had my mojo crash, and I've never experienced any latency - so all that about "it's done all in hardware and has zero latency" doesn't mean much to me. When I play the Mojo, it "feels" very close to playing my B3...I don't get that same feeling when playing the HX3 (again - subjective, and maybe it's not 'dialed-in').

As to how I'm playing it - I'm not a (currently) gigging musician anymore. I play for myself and my family. Every night my kids ask me to play the organ for them while they are falling asleep (I usually play slower jazzy ballads - but they seem to fall asleep equally well to faster rock/gospel or jazz stuff too). I switch between the B-3 and the Mojo...usually don't play the HX3....since I haven't "perfected" the sound. After I play, I ask my wife to guess which I was playing (she's average as far as musically inclined) and she is right half the time.

All that said - based on other (probably better players) than I have told me that they prefer the HX3 and it currently hold the #1 position for organ tone. I want to be convinced because of my dilemma....

I also need a good midi dual manual controller, since I play mostly organ...which the Mojo isn't so good at being. The DMC-122 is that. This is why I would want to keep my HX3 and just have to spend some time dialing in the sound to get what I want, and map the controls I like from the Mojo to the midi controls the DMC has. Which I'm sure can be done. I just haven't gotten it there yet.

Bottom line for a purchase is that although they both have a great sound, it depends what you need. The Mojo is a full ready to go out of the box keyboard/organ and, the DMC-122 / HX3 combo is a little more of a project, but has more to offer as a controller.

For a good sound comparison, I suggest you listen to Tony Monaco play the mojo on youtube (through an 8800 I believe) and you'll get a good feeling for how it sounds. Also there are HX3 demo's on youtube.

Lastly - if I was to have to choose between running a software B3 VST or the HX3 - it's hands down HX3.

As I previously stated, you can download the user manuals for both the Mojo and the HX3 (and the MojoEditor) (all are in English) as well as the WIKI's, forums, and even the HX3's application for customizing the CC Midi set.

As I said initially - this is all subjective and I sort of wanted to avoid typing all this (I guess I'm somewhat afraid of people telling me how "wrong" I am). But that's my take with a grain of salt.

Hope that helps?

-John

jmolino, thanks for the great writeup.

For me, it came down to the HX3 and Mojo. I got to try out a Mojo and listened to the HX3 on YouTube. I really liked the Mojo. Unfortunately I didn't get to do a side-by-side comparison like you've done. I picked the HX3 because I thought it sounded more authentic. To my ear, the Mojo overdrive doesn't sound authentic. Also, I hear more of the organic details in the HX3 sound (i.e., for lack of a better description, I'd say more spitting and growling). I also like the chorus and Leslie sim on the HX3 better. As you've said it really is a subjective matter and I agree. If I didn't like some grit and dirt in my sound I think it would be harder to pick between the two.

On a related note I've done a side-by-side comparison of the HX3 and my A100/Leslie 145: the HX3 (played through the Leslie 145) compared very well. I'm very happy with the HX3. It sounds awesome through the SS V3!

It's amazing how little I actually know about the HX3 before I ordered one.

If in fact it does offer state of the art Hammond emulation and leslie simulation, the price that Diversi offered it for last week rivaled that of a used Voce V5+ or a Roland VK8m. That one definitely got my attention.

But , I still don't know much about it. I have no clue regarding how difficult it is to program. I'm not sure if it offers even a headphone jack, if there is any on board EQing or even how easy or difficult it is to get to some of the parameters I love to tweak such as percussion volume.

So I have no idea if this is for me or not. I am not in the financial position to be investing in another 2000 dollar sight unseen experiment ( which is what buying a Mojo would have been).

I passed on the Mojo because I am still holding out for having the option of using either single or dual manuals. The possibility exists that if you are using a module, that you could conceivably go with using presets and carry something light weight. Nine times out of ten that is what I do these days. A lot of that has to do with the limited amount of real estate on bandstands lately. Even having enough space to play in stereo has become a real luxury.

That is why this whole chorus vibrato debate that was happening a couple years ago is relevant( to me at least) because using CV with no leslie sim would always be my first choice when I am limited to playing in mono.

By the way, I would also be curious about how well the HX3 sim works in mono. If it is good, that would be a nice surprise.

Any info on the above topics appreciated.

But , I still don't know much about it. I have no clue regarding how difficult it is to program. I'm not sure if it offers even a headphone jack

there is no headphone jack

By the way, I would also be curious about how well the HX3 sim works in mono. If it is good, that would be a nice surprise.

Any info on the above topics appreciated.

I though the unit itself is mono but as I don't have mine yet someone else want to answer this? Plus I don't understand the second sentence of the quote, what does the right channel do?

quote below taken from keyboardpartner.de website

KLONK

"Please note: Due to increased resource requirements, Leslie simulation is now in mono (left channel on Leslie output jack). Right channel carries signal from simulated 122 amp stage; may be used to drive a transistor Leslie using the HX3 built-in tube overdrive effect."

:nopity:

If in fact it does offer state of the art Hammond emulation and leslie simulation,

It most certainly does.

I still don't know much about it. I have no clue regarding how difficult it is to program.

I would say basic/intermediate if you are just turning the dial through the parameters. Setting up a custom MIDI CC set would be more difficult, I think.

I'm not sure if it offers even a headphone jack,

It does not.

if there is any on board EQing

There is not. However, there are parameters that ostensibly mimic the tone control on the AO28 pre-amp (which is, essentially, a treble cut) and the swell pedal cap (which affects the overall balls of the organ, which is most noticeable when running with the internal Leslie sim).

or even how easy or difficult it is to get to some of the parameters I love to tweak such as percussion volume.

Easy as turning the dial to that parameter and adjusting it.

That is why this whole chorus vibrato debate that was happening a couple years ago is relevant( to me at least) because using CV with no leslie sim would always be my first choice when I am limited to playing in mono.

The CV in the HX3 is fantastic and extremely tweakable. It is the only clone CV that I like other than the Mojo.

The link about the leslie sim above is out of date. As of right now, the leslie sim is only stereo.

Other things to note:

The keyclick is the best I have ever heard. However, there is no keyclick volume parameter. It is naturally generated and can't be increased or decreased. This fact hasn't bothered me in the slightest.

There is no cross talk adjustment. You can, however chose from four ages of organs which add different levels of crosstalk.

There is no universal "volume" control, just like there is no "volume" control on a Hammond console. You will control your level from your Leslie or amp, just as you would with a real Hammond. Expression works as expected.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com