Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave's excellent Hammond midi controller debuts

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And, I had not realized that you were building *three* of them.

If they feel as good as they look, this is a fantastic achievement.

There's only one instrument - it has a top manual chassis, a bottom manual chassis, and interchangeable sides.

Oh, I see. Wow. A modular approach - I'm even *more* impressed! :freak::D

Wow. Wow. Beyond awesome. All the way down to the details, it's just beautiful. But you know, CEB is right. Those are too nice to leave the house. For gigs you're going to have to make another one with a couple big gouges, a cracked halfmoon switch, and maybe a couple cigarette burns! :laugh:

Congratulations, they look amazing.

For gigs you're going to have to make another one with a couple big gouges, a cracked halfmoon switch, and maybe a couple cigarette burns! :laugh:

Yeah. I've still got the prototype sides made out of cheap pine and not even sanded. Throw some flat black on there, and you are good to go!

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/shell91.jpg

Moe

---

I wonder if a piece like this would be something a big league'r would have interest in. Like if you contacted those rental outfits that supply gear to the high end clients, and show them this unique thing. That would be killer.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

Great work.

But turned out to cost more than a Mojo would cost? OK.... I won't worry about trying to duplicate one then.

Having lived with a Numa this past year I have actually come to appreciate the Fatar keybed. Score another one for the Italians.

I am sure that you posted it somewhere, but what controls your sound engine. A laptop?

Moe, hope i'm not intruding or being rude here (if i am, no need to answer this), but what was the total cost for all the parts (not couting the handwork), and if you had to put a price on it, how much would it be? :)
"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Amazing stuff! Really killer work, Moe! Seriously one of the most beautiful things I've seen recently (including the Victoria Secret model who stayed with me for a couple of weeks).

Damn!! Right on, bro!

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

I have to build a dedicated road computer to run the software live

Why don´t you get a V-machine?

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/products/v-machines/vmachine

That´s what I´m running VB3 on. Very happy!

Small, cheap, stable and sounds good.

Very low latency.

And you won´t have to worry about a computer crashing.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I love you how you changed your avatar, Moe. I didn't even realize at first because it is similar enough to your old one.

Don't we all want to visit him now? ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Shock and awe sir, shock and awe.

I've been following this build very carefully and I am now inspired to re-embark on a "chop" that I did way back when there was no internet. I had to get schematics from the Library of Congress and I used the back side of 70's wood paneling to cover the sides of an old console that I bought back to life. The roller-karry's were the legs and the generators (this beast has two) were in their own cabinet. She's in my garage now, untouched for some 25 years.

Thanks! Here I go again.

Mate,-

this is the very best DIY job I´ve ever seen,- unbelievable good!

I like the Tiger Duo, it´s amazing and the layout of additional controls is perfect as is the flat top of the case.

In fact, you realized what established companies should have done since years and since we have virtual Hammond software clones in the market.

This is a piece of arts and now, the ice on the cake would be doing us the favour to make a short vid, you playing GSi VB3 with this most excellent control unit.

To me, that´s world champinonship in organ MIDI controller design !

A.C.

This project should be a feature article in Keyboard magazine. Technical consideration the details of what went into this would be interesting.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt