Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

nord electro 3 spotted

fjzingo

I've seen some posts elsewhere that say the 3 is the same price as the 2, and that orders for the 2 are being replaced by the 3. This was Australia, I think. We will see what happens in the U.S. and other countries.

The swedish prices are also just the same for the Electro 2 and 3 - really nice! :thu:

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the effect section is just so cool! Thank you for not removing the ring mod... :)

Yep! But I miss a vintage delay ...

Yeah, that would be nice!

you most probably won't be able to play organ and piano at the same time on the Electro 3.

Is this evident w/ ElectroIII?

What means "midi split" printed on the front panels feature list?

Ok, I'm only guessing, but I base it on a couple of things. First of all - the effect sections doesn't have the source buttons that the Stage has. Then, there's no midi settings like "piano midi ch" and "organ midi ch". About the "midi split" - my guess is that the external keyboard can be split in the same way as the internal keyboard - probably just upper/lower split for the organ. Giving the Electro the ability to play piano and organ and even additional samples at the same time would really kill Nord Stage sales, I think...

I can´t imagine they offer a 61key instrument at a price of 1.400.- GBP (EUR 1.666.-/USD 2.104.31) being not multitimbral via midi. That would be a joke.

Well, that didn't stop people from buying the old Electro...

if they could update the organ in the Stage and put sample import in the piano section AND the synth section... then they probably wouldn't sell any more Nord Waves...

That´s right, and if they would do this, the NORD ElectroIII would be a obsolete product too because there would be a StageEX compact incl. all the ElectroIII features available,- plus delay and morphing. I assume, it never will be possible to upgrade the StageEX w/ the C1 organ because of the hardware design of the Stage.

Electro killer - I don't know - the price tag of the Stage EX is still a lot higher then the Electro. (Electro 3 73: 15900 SEK = 2006 USD, Stage EX Compact 24990 SEK = 3153 USD) Then we don't know exactly what they did with the internals of the Stage EX - there might be other enhancements then just double memory - making it possible to upgrade the organ engine and/or making it possible to import other samples. If not, I would guess we will se some new product soon. Maybe it's time for a Nord Piano? If they took the Stage, remove the organ section and give the synth section a few enhancements with sample import and a significantly lower price it would still be a hit, I guess. And what a great companion to the Electro 3... ;)

Well - time will tell. I won't buy either an Electro 3 or Stage EX before Winter NAMM. I don't think we have seen the last updates for the Stage yet... :)

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

I noticed on the effects section that unless there are concentric pots they omitted the "Amount" controls from the Electro layout. Am I missing something?

I'm also concerned about that. Ok, for some effects you might not need that, but for chorus and tremolo I really want to be able to set wet/dry mix, or amount if you will.

I do not understand Nord's thinking. The NE3 will take away market share from the Stage. I suspect the Stage will have to have a major upgrade (and price drop) soon.

In the meantime, I will get an NE3 and use it as a top keyboard for my Stage 88.

Hammond C3, Leslie 122, Steinway B, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73,

D6 Clav

whaat???
You said "I will get an NE3 and use it as a top keyboard for my Stage 88."

You said you didn't know what they were thinking, but I'll bet you they imagined at least some guys saying that exact thing I quoted.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Man...as I packed up my 50 lb Xk-3, Leslie and Studiologic weighted action controller for a 1/2 hour gig where I just need to switch between Rhodes and Organ...not both at the same time...my GAS for this thing really increased.

The C1 demos sound really good. I am not too knocked out by the Rhodes, though. Can anyone speak to how good it sounds through an amp or with the amp simulators in the Stage as opposed to how it sounds on the Electro 2?

My band Thousand Houses: www.thousandhouses.com

• 3 weeks later...

Ok - now I have the money to get the Electro 3... :) and I could probably get one delivered before Xmas... :)

So - why am I hesitating? Ok, I was aming at the Stage Compact as a replacement for my XK1. It would also be my main piano (at least soundwise) and the effect section is the big reason to buy it. Just love to be able to swtich on an of different FX and tweak them in realtime without having preparing different patches first. I love the Nord pianos - both electric and acoustic! The synth section would be a cool addition to my rig also. Don't have any actual VA at the moment, but I will probably use the Plugiator more in the near future.

Anyway - the Stage is a great instrument - but I think the Hammond sim is a bit weak compared to my XK1. The C1 though is even better then the XK, imho. Also - the Stage still hasn't ability to import all those other nice samples.

About the Electro then - sample import, new organ engine, the Stage's pianos and all other FX goodies... :) so cool!

On the other hand - it's so much what you see is what you get. Forget about using it as a midi controller - no bend/mod, no after touch, no external sounds... and also no multitimbral capacity.

Currently I'm only playing in a blues band - and on no songs I play piano organ at the same time, so the Electro would do a great job - and would be the only board I would have to bring to rehearsals. Currently I'm hauling both XK1 and the TR just to get EP's and organs... ok - having a dual manual setup is nice, but not necessary. If I would start playing covers again, I would probably still have to use two other boards besides the Electro... an Electro 3 rack though would be nice... :) The Stage seems much better for cover/tribute band work...

But then on the other hand - the stage is so much more... and has nice synth leads too... but worse organ... and no sample import... and a price tag more than $1000 higher...

If the Stage will get C1 organ and sample import I will regret getting the Electro instead. And also - for the band I'm in now, I need nothing more than the Electro 3... but what about the day I need to play organ and piano at the time - or feel that the song screams for a nice synth lead... or the piano needs a layered pad... hmmm...

I have lot's of other stuff, yes, the TR has great leads, imho, and I have also the Plugiator with great polyphonic (!) minimoog emulation... and the RPx with great pianos, EPs and pads to layer with them... but there's something so appealing with having all in one board... I'm confused - what to do? :)

Then I also got GAS for the PC3x and an M3... and the R3 with it's pretty gooseneck vocoder... (and maybe even a Juno Stage, just for fun... :) ) but no actual need for 'em in my current band. A set of powered speakers is high on my wishlist though... Some day I will probably also start using VSTi:s live - maybe in an SMpro Audio-thingy... :) well well...

So Clavia - give us a Stage with sample import, better organ - and throw in a vocoder with gooseneck mic as well :D (and lower price...? :) )- and I'll buy it without a doubt...

Until then - the Electro 3 is just so appealing... but at least I have promised myself not to buy anything until Winter NAMM is over - who knows what the market will bring us this spring... :)

Look guys.

If it is one thing Clavia has proved beyond all other (semi-major) manufacturers, it is that they listen to their customers.

If they really "listen to their customers" they would have put real drawbars on it two generations ago...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

The NE3 will fit the bill for many players. Looking at this thread alone, it's easy to see that everyone's got their own ideal. I used to have a NE2, currently a Nord Stage Compact, and I used to have a C1. And I've tried the NE3. :D And IMHO, if you were happy with the NE2, you'll be extatic about the 3. I won't be getting one for a few simple reasons; there's no pitch stick or mod wheels, it's not multitimbral, and I already have the NSC which covers my needs perfectly. And a Hammond XK system for reasons of luxury. ;)

However, If I didn't already have a lot of synths, the NE3 would've been high on my wish list. And if I was looking for a cheap, small, lightweight and great sounding B3/Vox/Farfisa clone, it'd be at the top of my list and I'd consider EP:s and sampling a pure bonus.

the thing is that, with the announcement of NE3, the price of previous NE models falls rapidly. I tried to sell my NE61 for 900 euros, but people keep telling me that i have to go further down, around 700 or less... And i think the same happens with all the other Stage/Electro/Compact models. I don't think it's a good time to sell older Clavia virtual analog now in order to purchase a new one...
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

As soon as the NE3 was announced i sold my NE2 73. I consider myself lucky to get E1050. Prices drop rapidly last weeks over here.

For me, I am still in doubt to get the NE3 73 or the Stage Compact rev C. NE73 is doing E1799 and the Compact E1999.

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

Is it that little price difference in Holland? The Swedish prices (converted to Euro) is:

Nord Electro 3 73: 1520 ($1955)

Nord Stage EX Compact: 2380 ($3070)

Nord Stage 88: 2850 ($3675)

-> easier to choose the Electro over the Stage Compact... :)

Must resist.. the GAS... I really shouldn't order one before NAMM..! :)

I was considering the Stage Compact not the Compact EX.

For now over here

NE2 61/73 E1249/E1499

NE3 61/73 E1599/E1799

Stage 88/76/73 E2499/E2199/E1999

StageEX 88/76/73 E2999/E2699/E2599

Hmmm E1520 for a NE3 73...i will check out the on-line stores in Sweden first ;)

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

Damnit - I bought the damn thing! :P I just couldn't resist! It sounded so nice... and was so... red! :D

Now I won't get anything done before Xmas! :whistle:

Have a fun :thu:

While your at it let us know if the amount of the effects can be set and how you change the program numbers. On the pictures I only see prog up/down and no bank/nr select.

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

Archived