Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

nord electro 3 spotted

fjzingo

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the Clavinet D6 section exactly the same as the e2? That's the main reason why I bought the e2 in the first place, always been into playing clav since it was in production. Hopefully the 3 isn'r much lighter than the 2. Bought my 2 last March, and so far it's been absolutely killer in all it's areas, except for acoustic piano, have a Kawai dp for that.

According to the price on the UK site Kanker linked, a 61 key will be appx $2070 US. I assume that's list?

The good news for US buyers is that UK/European prices almost never translate currency-wise to American prices - which is why I imported my E2 from the US. If that was the case, I'd be camping out at my local dealer's already.

Btw, however much we're always baying for lighter and more portable keyboards, I personally don't fancy a much lighter board than the current E2 73 model; it might start bordering on flimsy and toylike.

Wow, that looks like a one stop board. Would be nice to have mulitple outs to split the organ inro a leslie, and I do hope it's multitimbral. I remember my electro 2 with fond memories, and only got rid when I got my Receptor. I agree with the statement of not making it too light, it's a good ol' gigging keyboard and we do need the structure to be robust.

I just checked, I bought my 2 in February. It seems like less time than that.

Thanks for the info, NordUSA.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Tell them there's interest in a rack version ;)

+1

A rack version takes care of the lower F issue and any concerns regarding the action all in one sweep. Of course one has to schlep another board.......

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I'd love to see a rack unit with VST capacity - and no larger than 1 u. I like the thought of a small rack and an external controller rather than the NE2 rack design...
No way - the control you have on the NE2 Rack is unbeatable. Getting rid of that interface kills a huge part of what makes the Electro so special. The Rack sits so nicely on most keyboards...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I'd love to see a rack unit with VST capacity - and no larger than 1 u. I like the thought of a small rack and an external controller rather than the NE2 rack design...
No way - the control you have on the NE2 Rack is unbeatable. Getting rid of that interface kills a huge part of what makes the Electro so special. The Rack sits so nicely on most keyboards...

+1

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let's see, a Kurzweil PC3 and then a Nord Electro 3 for brother Eric. That "3" sounds pretty consistent to me Eric. Time to dig into that slush fund and possibly use your credit card to complete your NEW KB RIG for 2009!

GAS is more fun when you can afford it! Gas early and often.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Mike T.

No.

Gas is more fun when ERIC can afford it. :laugh:

That way I never have buyer's remorse.

I can sit back and watch. :thu:

Ummmmm, Eric - call me when you're ready to sell the PC3. :)

Thanks,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I googled and downloaded the manual last night but couldn't come up w/ an answer :

Can you put a Nord Stage sample into an Electro 2?

Nope. You cannot put any samples into an Electro 2. You can, however load sample libraries that Clavia has made available for the Electro. Some of those are cut down versions of Stage libraries.

The distinction is, that only the Wave (and apparently the upcoming Electro 3) can take user generated samples.

Moe

---

Let's see, a Kurzweil PC3 and then a Nord Electro 3 for brother Eric. That "3" sounds pretty consistent to me Eric. Time to dig into that slush fund and possibly use your credit card to complete your NEW KB RIG for 2009!

Mike T.

Thanks Mike - I could envision PC3 + Electro 3 as a future state rig for me, still keeping the S90 + Electro 2 in the stable.

Two things that I would have liked to see:

- Program buttons. Looks like programs are now selected through 2 up/down buttons and this might be a bit fiddly.

- Delay w/tap tempo in place of reverb. I don't often need much if any reverb on anything, but putting some delay on the sounds would be super cool.

Up/down buttons aren't good for live performance musicians. Studio players may have the time to look for things, but I like bank/program buttons or a keypad to select patches on the fly when gigging.

Reverb-I'm not a big fan of reverb either, but I do use some with my Leslie Simm settings on my Motif ES8. Its fine in small amounts. I agree on delay. I refer DD for vocals instead of reverb too.

It's Friday, Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

The official harmony-central announcement showedup today:

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2008/Nord-Introduces-the-Electro-3-Keyboard.html

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived