Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

nord electro 3 spotted

fjzingo

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would not make me happy, unless 2s are upgradable, which it does not look like.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

This is some serious shit! :)

Makes me wonder though about the Stage EX, 'cause this electro seems to have features the stage EX doesn't... :confused:

As Fredrik wrote - you can import your own waves via the Nord Wave Sample Manager, or any sound from the Nord Sample Library like mellotrons and such... :) Like the Stage EX this one also has 256 MB och flash memory and it's all compatible with the Stage.

The Organ and Leslie section comes straight from the C1 and also it has the Fafisa and Vox models. Also the Leslie now has a stop mode.

A reverb section with five algorithms plus tremolo, panning, wah-wah, phaser, flanger and chorus. (no ring mod..?) Three band EQ w sweepable mid, compressor and three different amp sims.

Then you got this new monitor in that goes straight to headphone out - cool idea!

Finally it says it's even slimmer and lighter than the electro.

Now my only question is - why didn't the Stage EX get these features??? Will there be another Super Stage EX soon or what? Well well, I'm glad I still haven't saved up enough to get a Stage coz this really makes me wonder... :) They gotta give the Stage the C1 organ model too!

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

That is phenomenal. It's been a long time coming but I knew it was in the works.

Amazing that it should be leaked first on a Stockholm retailers web site.

I've always wanted the C1 sound in the convenient size of the Electro and with the extra sounds.

I'll be having one please. My Electro 2 is up for sale Good job I sold the Electro Rack whilst it was still worth something!

What's the funky 3x3 keypad on the left for I wonder`?

hang out with me at woody piano shack

dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I wonder how much it will be in the US, and when it will get here.

Will it be able to run the old Electro pianos for those that prefer them, I wonder? (Aren't there some who don't care for the Stage's pianos but like the Electro's?)

Look guys.

If it is one thing Clavia has proved beyond all other (semi-major) manufacturers, it is that they listen to their customers.

It may take them a lot longer to put something out than everybody wants, but...

If the current rack is selling well, then they will release a new one, when they have the time.

Moe

---

Good timing for me. I have a couple keyboards for sell at a music store and when they go I am getting a clone. With that price it looks like a hard decision between it and the Hammond XK3c which recently went up in price. I wonder if they improved the feel of the keyboard? I've never liked Nord keybeds.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Good timing for me. I have a couple keyboards for sell at a music store and when they go I am getting a clone. With that price it looks like a hard decision between it and the Hammond XK3c which recently went up in price. I wonder if they improved the feel of the keyboard? I've never liked Nord keybeds.

The XK-3C has an improved keybed.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Until more details are released, here's what I know:

1. It will be shipping in the USA probably in January.

2. The Electro2 will continue to be available in the USA for the foreseeable future.

3. Pricing hasn't been settled yet, but expect it to fall between Electro2 and Stage|EX.

4. No Rack version at present, only 61 & 73, like the Electro2.

5. Also like the Electro2, it is monotimbral.

6. All Nord sample formats - Electro2, Stage, Wave - are supported, and the Wave Mgr can be used to convert and install user samples (16bit/44kHz, .wav).

7. It does have the C1 engine - the whole thing, including the two transistor organs.

8. 1/8" audio input with attenuator.

9. Not sure about all the effects, but to answer the burning question: yes, it has reverb.

I'm sure an official press release is imminent regarding comprehensive features; specific pricing and USA availability are unknown at this time.

Archived