Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keycomp 12 ...the dissection

jackpine

Figured I would go ahead and get this up because I would like to announce...(drum roll please)

All the disks are in the mail. :thu:

I'm always curious to see who gets them first. If you've been a part of this ritual before, you know that sometimes very odd things happen. Such as a disk going to Minneapolis (75 miles) takes 4 days and a disk going to New York (ummm.... a lot more than 75 miles) takes 2 days.

BTW I would like to say great job by all involved. You really are a talented bunch.

Another thought is even if you put the CD on not knowing the theme, by the time track 19 rolls through you would guess it.

There is some very powerful emotion on this comp.

Great stuff gang.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, don't forget this is the place to give your comments about the CD and the pieces. :wave:

Not forgetting, just didn't listen to the CD yet! Unlike most CD's, this one seems to use just about all 760 MB of space. Good stuff.

I like CD's with nice cover art, and this is one of them. There's a pretty dark blue tinge to it that I like, that I didn't catch from the image on the website.

Cydonia's "Elegie" is playing as I write this, which is as far as I'll get tonight. What I've heard so far is wonderful stuff, I think LaurieZ would be proud of everyone's contributions. It's an exhilirating experience to discover so much new music at one time...nice work everyone! On to volume 13.....

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

Jackpine, thanks for doing such a great job for us all of the time.

I can't wait to get mine. From what you are saying about the comp, should make a powerful statement indeed.

The best my friend.

Jazzman

Here comes another silly bump. :P

We had the 2nd biggest snow storm of the winter here today, so no mail delivery. But the polar bears are out everywhere having fun in the snow and winds. :grin:

I'll have to wait next week for the CD. :wave:

I, too, got mine today but have just had a chance to start listening. A talented bunch of folks, indeed, and a very inspirational (in many ways) collection of music!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to make this happen!

Noah

My copy was waiting for me when I got home today. Cold by Dafduc is playing thru my monitors as I type this. Great job everyone.

I know in my heart and soul that Laurie and everyone else (human and canine) that this is dedicated to is resting a little easier tonight.

When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

Just got mine today. Sat down and listened to the first 5 tracks before I got an urgent call from a client. Sigh.

I should be able to listen to the rest tomorrow. So far, I'm really impressed!

I can't wait to hear Michelle's piece, I've listened to some of her other stuff and it's really great.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Got mine on Thursday. Kudos to everyone for a fine effort.

Sorry, I see that all the instruments used were already listed in a previous thread which I didn't really dissect at the time, hence I am editing this post because of it. :freak:

Again, great job everyone. I am thoroughly enjoying this latest compilation. :thu:

Mike

I think jackpine said one-off orders weren't going to be a problem?

Daf (still waiting for his...)

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

I got mine today. Great job everyone! Kad...you always kill me and Gangsu, you sound great. Really fine job by everyone. I wish I was Carlo.....On the tune that Mark and I did, there was a mix up. When I sent it to db the first time, I had put the wrong trumpet solo on, I resent the right mix, but there must have been some confusion and the wrong mix made the cd. Mark, I'm really sorry this happened...don't quit the band. Anyway, here's the way it really goes:

LAST CALL

I got mine today, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I'm looking forward to it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thanks, Linwood, for letting me know about the problem before the CD showed up at my house, which it did tonight. I hope anyone who has the CD will kindly disregard the last track in favor of downloading the correct version of "Last Call" at the link in Linwood's post above.

I just came home from playing a concert, so KC CD12 goes in my car tomorrow for long term listening. Can't wait!

I did?!! Well son of a gun, you're makin mine.

right click dl sheeshh... twice now I get an mp3 called Last Call lasting 0.0 minutes. But apparently I've listened to it 1091 times, and counting!! :D

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Archived