Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HX3 MIDI expander module

TKN

Nice upgrade.

Noticeable tonal changes.

Lower baffle stands out more now when adjusting Spread.

It is the best quality Prog/Rock clone I ever bought.

Really nice definition going from around 180 on Tube Amp down to 85 clean.

The Leslie Throb on 250 makes Doppler extreme.

One super happy customer

Tom T from Diversi must love what he does for a living as he is 110% top shelf support.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Anyone using a NIB4D to control HX3? I am finding that everything is working great except C/V. All I can get is vibrato which I would never use. When I switch the controller to chorus the HX3 still has vibrato. Kinda frustrating.
I would take that question back to Diversi or Carsten; since the HX3 should should be pre-configured to work with the NIB4D.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Contact Wolfgang at UHL - I've asked him that same question about previous HX3 updates and he has told to NOT install anything but official UHL updates. I'm sure he'll be making that available soon.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

i have contacted him. unfortunately i am just told to wait another week, or (more recently) no reply at all.

i know this update will really help the sound of the Uhl especially in split mode with left hand bass (i know because i also have a HX3 module and have updated that already.)

it has been almost a month since the release of the update!

I guess I've been out of the loop for a few months. I didn't know a new HX3 update was out.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

Please wait and DO NOT install anything from the

Keyboardpartner HX page (beta and latest) to your UHL !!!

(makes me wonder cause the files shouldn't be there)

All customers will be informed via Email by Wolfgang Uhl

directly when the final release is finished !!!

Wolfgang is doing intensive tests and fine tunings

before releasing his version.....

Be patient, it will be released soon (and is then

running "bug free" !)

;-))

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Again. Anyone using a Native Instruments B4D drawbar controller with their HX3?

Thanks in advance.

Some users are using the NIB4 Controller successfully.

Maybe it's not the HX ?

Have you checked the Midi Out of your NIB4 Hardware ?

-> MidiOX !

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

As MG says, be patient. I've always found it worth the wait for Wolfgang. He's the Man!

Here's an announcement of Wolfgang which I just found in my email:

Hello X3 Customers,

We would like to reiterate strongly that only firmware updates approved by Uhl Instruments GmbH may be used for Uhl X3 organs. Our approved firmware updates are available for download only on www.uhl-instruments.com under "Support".

Firmware updates which are downloaded from external pages (for example, HX3 updates from Github Company Keyboard partner), can, even if they contain the name "Uhl", damage the programming of Uhl Instruments X3 motherboards. X3 organs with damaged firmware will no longer work and will need to be sent back and be reprogrammed by Uhl Instruments. These repairs would not be covered under warranty. Transport and repair costs would need to be charged to the customer.

We are working on a new firmware 4.0. It will be published in about 4 to 6 weeks. With firmware 4.0 the X3's will sound even richer and much fatter (we actually thought that this would not be possible!). In addition there will be some more small changes. All customers will be informed by mail as soon as firmware 4.0 will be available.

Thanks to all and continue to enjoy the X3's

Let's rock !!!

Wolfgang Uhl

Owner

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Hi Bill,

Carsten has tested our implementation with Doepfer d4B controller and it worked well. Your NI controller might have a slightly different implementation of MIDI CC numbering. Can you please send us a screenshot/copy of MIDI data your controller send when C/V control is changed? You may use a MIDI monitoring tool like MIDI-OX and copy&paste the data from monitor window.

Please send it to info@keyboardpartner.de.

Christian

KeyboardPartner

Will I still have this sustenuto capability if I uprade?

I thought it was a regular sustain but it will hold a chord and let you trill right above it...

Never had that so I am stoked..!!

Do not want to lose that so somebody try it out and let me know please...

Hankyu..............

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Does anyone know if the Nord C2 midi template work for the Stage 2?

Or does anyone have a Stage 2 template?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I have a stage 2 template. I'm out of town today but send me a note tonight or tomorrow and I'll send it over to you this weekend. I haven't upgraded to the latest firmware yet. Also need to do that this weekend.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

• 2 weeks later...
well, it's been another three weeks since Uhl owners were told to wait for an update for their instruments (message #2780574). hate to be the squeaky wheel, but i can't imagine what is taking them so long to post this update to their site (with whatever tweaks they add). in all, it's been over 7 weeks since the release of the 9.22 update. i guess everyone else is more patient than i am!

Did you read your email you got from Uhl???

"... another 4-6 weeks...." now we have 3....

there are some issues with the flash tool not the firmware,

I think its better to wait one or two weeks and your x3

is running after the update, isn't it???

• 2 weeks later...

Hoo boy! I picked up a used HX3 a few weeks ago and just finished my first gig with it. I was triggering it from a Roland Fantom X7, so I didn't have real-time control of the drawbars, etc., but the HX3 sounded amazing. Amazing and inspiring. Now I've got some decisions to make...

I also have a Hammond XK-3C/Vent combo that I use when stage space permits. Another KC poster, Dave Doerfler, suggested that I marry the HX3 up with the Hammond and that I could probably eliminate the Vent. Before last weekend I was hesitant about that but now I'm seriously considering it.

Looks like I've got some A/B'ing to do!

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Hoo boy! I picked up a used HX3 a few weeks ago and just finished my first gig with it. I was triggering it from a Roland Fantom X7, so I didn't have real-time control of the drawbars, etc., but the HX3 sounded amazing. Amazing and inspiring. Now I've got some decisions to make...

I also have a Hammond XK-3C/Vent combo that I use when stage space permits. Another KC poster, Dave Doerfler, suggested that I marry the HX3 up with the Hammond and that I could probably eliminate the Vent. Before last weekend I was hesitant about that but now I'm seriously considering it.

Looks like I've got some A/B'ing to do!

I ditched my Vent and am controlling the HX3 with my Hammond SK1. Go for it!

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Agreed! I still use my Vent with my HX3, but it's all pre-wired on my pedalboard. The built in Leslie sounds great! The SK1 is a great match for the expander.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

• 4 weeks later...

I just updated my HX-3 module after it lay unused for almost a year. Had some ComErr problems but Tom got me straightened out. It looks like I got a brand new version that was only put up yesterday.

I'm trying to drive it with my XK-1C, so don't have a midi template that works 100%. Using the SK template for now, but a few controls are wrong and I can't select different C/V settings.

Nevertheless, after tweaking last night and tonight I'm getting something pretty good, that's quite fun to play. Leslie sim is entirely useable now, which wasn't the case a year ago.

I still have to tweak CV which is always my downfall. Right now the Mojo still has the edge on that elusive shimmer, but HX-3 out of the box is better than I have been able to dial the XK-1C and doesn't sound as phase shifty.

Nice ballsy sound, percussion thunks satisfyingly, click is good with all the oldness turned up to stun. Using the 1955 tonewheel set cuts the shrillness in the top octave pretty well. OD has a few unpleasant artifacts when turned way up, but I can get pretty dirty before that happens.

Moe

---

You sure the latest firmware has been posted? It's supposed to be version 4.0 and the one showing on Diversi's website is 3.925.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

You sure the latest firmware has been posted? It's supposed to be version 4.0 and the one showing on Diversi's website is 3.925.

3.925 is what I have installed. I was on the phone with Tom and he said that a new update was being uploaded at that very moment. I thought that was the one he remotely installed on my box, but I was a spectator at that point.

Anyway, I have shut it down and come back to it several times and it still sounds good to fresh ears. I have a gig tonight but still want to do some CV tweaking soon.

Moe

---

Let us know if you get that CV issue sorted out. It was the deal breaker for me last year for any setting using 5 1/4 drawbar settings.

Lotta updates on this since last year BTW.

I agree it was better than the Hammond Suzuki stuff I heard though.