Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HX3 MIDI expander module

TKN

Hi everyone,

Happy Holidays!

I upgraded to v4.21 from a version that was 3 or 4 versions back. Before the upgrade, all keys on my 76 note keyboard; now only 61 keys play.

Does anyone know how to revert back to keys beyond the 61.

When I first got my HX3, this is how it behaved (61 keys) but then Karsten made an update that enabled to play on all notes. Now it's gone again!

Thank you so much!

Luis.

-------------------------------

Nord Stage 3, Mojo Classic, Leslie 771, Vent

I don't get it Dave; are you saying this issue is unique to me; or that there is no setting that turns the feature on/off?

Also, is this not an appropriate place to ask this kind of a question?

sorry I wasn't making myself clear. This is completely the correct place to ask the question. There is no on/off switch, it was changed for authenticity. What I meant by contacting Tom was if you were having problems reverting he uses a program where he can access you computer and do it for you remotely. I know he did this for Dave Bradley and he offered to do it for me when I had problems with a previous upgrade. Hope this helps. :cheers:
:nopity:

Worst case scenario you can mail your HX3 to Diversi and have Tom revert back to an older OS.

My computer doesn't recognize my HX3 anymore. :mad:

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Thank you so much, Dave.

I was hoping it was a new on/off setting within the HX3!

Can anyone else with controllers > 61 keys confirm if they also lost the ability to trigger beyond the C-to-C 61 keys with version 4.21?

I use a Roland VR-700 (76 key keybed) which works really well being that it has incredible feel/action and shallow triggering. The latest upgrade is rely great and do not appear to have any other issue.

Thank you! Luis.

Not really sure. I reinstalled the driver for the module and it still won't recognize both mine and my friend's HX3. I've tried every USB port on my desktop to no avail. Guess I'll just send mine to Tom when/if they come out with an update that's leaps and bounds better than the current version, but how much can they really improve it? :cool:

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Where can I get the address of Keyboard Partners to send a Christmas gift for such an excellent hardware module?

Wish to send him a box of Trump Steaks for Christmas.

Here ya go, bottom of this page. Probably won't make it to Germany by Christmas though! :laugh:

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Thank you so much, Dave.

I was hoping it was a new on/off setting within the HX3!

Can anyone else with controllers > 61 keys confirm if they also lost the ability to trigger beyond the C-to-C 61 keys with version 4.21?

I use a Roland VR-700 (76 key keybed) which works really well being that it has incredible feel/action and shallow triggering. The latest upgrade is rely great and do not appear to have any other issue.

Thank you! Luis.

I sometimes run a dual organ manual setup with my Hammond SK1/Kawai MP7 and it won't play any notes beyond the 61-key range on the Kawai.

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Where can I get the address of Keyboard Partners to send a Christmas gift for such an excellent hardware module?

Wish to send him a box of Trump Steaks for Christmas.

Here ya go, bottom of this page. Probably won't make it to Germany by Christmas though! :laugh:

That's OK.

They're probably a bunch of Saxon heathens anyways....

just kidding.

I did just take a chance with 4.2 and like it as it tamed down the Tube Amp and put drive and gnarliness in other areas.

Just love this beast of a module.

Dual Manual work most of the time.

Use a footswitch for upper C3 so I can keep b oth hands where they need to be, can kick in lower C3 using aftertouch CC#.

Knobs can change any chorus of keyclick, or anything you want really.

Bome MIDI Translator allows me to use presets with all 9 drawbars attached to an expression pedal so I can have any combination of swells/collapses, anytime I want.

I coulda been a contender with this in the 90s....

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

i hate to write this, but i have to say (for all future possible purchasers of a Uhl HX3 based keyboard) i'm hugely disappointed in Uhl with their inability to offer the update software. I've watched at least three software updates go by over the last nine months since i bought my X3, and have communicated with Wolfgang asking when the updates would available for Uhl owners. He always has some excuse but never an update. Never. At very least he should say, "well, i don't have the update working with my custom "taper levels" and my custom download stuff, but in the meantime you can download the update from the Keyboard Partners website and at least get to enjoy all the improvements that Carsten has been doing a great job with implementing. Then when i get my act together you can have the custom tapers too." But instead we are just left hanging, even threatened that we cannot update our keyboards without risk of totally bricking it, but knowing there is a better version of our very keyboard out there and that we can't have it. Ugh to Uhl.

Hi,

it's the HX3 not the Uhl thread but let me chime in here cause I use both.

And I am a beta tester for Uhl....

It's true that keyboardpartner did some updates the last weeks.

But it's also true that they are not free of bugs....

Wolfgang wants to have a rocksolid stable version and don't want to relase a bugfix every week.

During beta testing the 4.11 KP came up with the 4.21. We had severe Problems (related to Win10 and Zip).

We recognized a step back in sound qualitiy due to the new "Tuning" option.

This week the 4.22 was released by KP.....

As a customer it's clear that you want always the newest version....

But be a litte patient, the 4.XX will come and then it will work rocksolid as a touring musician will need it.

If you are an expierienced HX user, it'S of course possible to update the Uhl with the KP files and the KP remote Software. (but not the tapering and organ Defaults)

But it's on your own risk!!!

Neither KP nor Uhl will accept your board with a corrupted FPGA to reprogram it (at least for free).....

I would say just wait a little, thats better than sending your organ in to Uhl for a "repair" (what happended to me during beta test!)

;-))

Have a merry Christmas !

BTW: There is still a note on the Uhl-Page:

Info:

At the moment, we still have a problem with Windows 10.

When the ZIP file is extracted with Windows 10, the Flash does not work properly.

When it is extracted in Windows 10 with WINRAR, the flash works perfectly.

A publication is still too risky for us.

Once we have solved the problem, we make the ZIP file immediately online.

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

not sure what you're referring to, i have an X3-2 and have

done at least 3 updates , Wolfgang always comes through , he

just tests the daylites out of them first , there haven't been any bugs . from what i've read on the forums the keyboard

partner updates for the HX3 boards have had their share of

problems . UHL takes a little longer but in the end they ARE

up to date with keyboard partner's improvements

Chris,

check your defaults....

4.11 and 4.22 uses the same FPGA Model (10102016)

Should be soundwise the same.....

I hear no difference on mine (I did with the 4.21!)

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Github, latest, readme ...

- BUSBARS: Individual variation of volume for all 9 Drawbars.

I recently adjusted my rig to play everything down a 1/2 step. With this change, the lowest C now plays up an octave... which isn't ideal but is as I would expect. Could someone tell me if the new version would continue to do this? The upgrade won't give me a dead note will it?

Thanks.