Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

I really have no suggestions for improvement for you as your technique, tempo, instrumentation were all wonderful and what I would expect to hear in an up-scale night club.

I take into account, too, about the mix as to how it was recorded. I am sure you all sound perfectly balanced if you are doing this in a studio, but it sounds okay the way it is for the setting, too. The guitar and drums were farther back from the camera, so some of the sound would have dispersed before it reached the microphone, or at least that is what I think.

If this were being recorded for a movie scene, it would be perfect the way it is because it matches the setting and angles.

I hope this makes sense.

:)

Sorry about that . . . yes, my comments were for the video.

Scott . . . I really could not suggest any improvements from what I could hear. The instrumentation melds together quite well and builds nicely. It keeps the listener engaged.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined this funk band last week. We played on the local college radio yesterday. Skip to about 8 minutes for our first song. We're opening for Har Mar Superstar on Sunday, then I'll be touring with them out to the west coast in July. I'll post dates in the Shameless Plugs.

EDIT: Oh, and I take an organ solo in the last tune. ;) (There are five tunes, four originals and a cover of Kiss.)

• 2 weeks later...

some new improvisation, starting from a Deep Purple idea....

need a guitarist? no, thanks :roll:

(guitar-sounding Clavinet, in the final solo, using a Two Notes Le Crunch - Marshall amp and cabinet simulator - and a EHX Slammi for bending style)

[video:youtube]

Some tracks that got a bit shelved last year, feel like sharing them with some people and getting some thoughts. Couple of originals and a Glasper tune.

Rhodes/Bass/Drums (if people are still buzzing about the MP11, that's the board being used).

Give 'em a like or comment here or on the soundcloud page! Would love to hear your feedback. A few brain farts in some of the solos, I know...

Cheers,

James

Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

I just put a little recording I made from me at a (big) library piano into flac-mono, so it can be easily downloaded:

Audio_recording_2016-02-27_19-52-48_cropped.flac 44.1 mono 2.0MByte

It's a little under a minute from "Real Men" (J.Jackson) just to try the piano a bit in a naturally reverberating space, recorded in uncompressed WAV format from a phone carried in a shirt pocket (hence the strange noise now and then).

T.

KRK . . . I love that you had each one of you wearing different clothes like you were different people. Fabulous song, well mixed, well played! Love the way you do the video, too.

James . . . I loved "FTB" and "Stranger". "FTB" had great rhythm and great balance. "Stranger", the bass and drums kicked butt and your Rhodes had some wonderful chord changes that were very expressive.

To me (just my opinion), but "Waltz For Brian" sounded like the Rhodes way over-powered the drums. The bass could be heard and was laid back, but it sounded like you might have been pegging your V.U. needle a bit on the Rhodes?

Over all, great stuff, you guys!

Now on to watch and listen to the next one.

:thu::)

KRK . . . I love that you had each one of you wearing different clothes like you were different people. Fabulous song, well mixed, well played! Love the way you do the video, too.

some new improvisation, starting from a Deep Purple idea...

excellent overall. Loved the video compilation and the audio mix is sweet. :2thu:

thanks everybody!

:cheers:

New track -- "Walk With Me"

CLINK CLANK CLONK

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• 2 months later...

ciao!

another nonsense improvisation....

first track with the Fender piano, 100% improvised, a unique take.

all other tracks, same thing, trying to follow the piano :roll:

(not knowing, in every second of the song, what to do the next second :laugh: )

[video:youtube]

CLAVINET used as a guitar....

with Lounsberry Wurly Grinder, Electro Harmonix QTron, Two Notes Le Crunch

have a nice sunday!

• 5 weeks later...

My originals band finally has a new recording to share. We actually recorded this back in the spring of 2015 with a new drummer. Shortly after this, our bass player moved across the country for a new job. So we kind of just left this on the shelf, pretty much stopped gigging and went on hiatus.

Fast forward to this summer, and our bass player left the west coast job has returned back to Pittsburgh. We are getting back to gigging and writing and recording new tunes. Yeah! So we got this recording polished up and I cut together a video with the footage I shot during the session.

Enjoy!

[video:youtube]cRvkZF134lY

Thanks, all! It's definitely a different feel for me, but I like the acoustic atmosphere it turned out to be. "Away From The World" kinda has the same vibe.

I like it!!!!!

all REAL instruments?

VST?

:keynana:

Fretless bass and guitar solo are real. String pad is a K2000. Vocals were recorded with an MXL-990 mic with just a touch of compression via an Alesis 3630. Whole track was mixed on a Mackie SR32-4 board.

VST's used:

Ample Guitar M-II

Addictive Keys

Superior Drummer 2

Omnisphere

Stylus RMX (Shaker and congas)

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud