Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT : Off to surgery tomorrow... (UPDATE)

Rod S

How's that for a way to end the year?

Stupid accident. My cousin starts to open a champagne bottle in a crowded kitchen. Before he has a chance to go to an open area (or so he says) the cork flies into the air - into my eye! The pressure of impact dislocated part of my retina, so I've had blurried vision for the last few days, together with hazy and spotty vision from the impact. Oh joy...

Anyways, the eye doctor says there's a good chance to get my vision back, and timing is critical, so I'm doing the surgery tomorrow. I should be home tomorrow at the end of the day, with 20-30 days at home of rest. (I'll have more details tomorrow, the whole thing has just been happening fast).

Anyways, wish me luck. :) And happy new year to all...

Rod

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was almost afraid to read what happened! Still, what did wasn't any better than what I'd feared. I'm really sorry, and pray for a speedy and complete recovery. Here's hoping the new year ends up a lot better than it started. :(
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Originally posted by Rod S:

How's that for a way to end the year?

Stupid accident. My cousin starts to open a champagne bottle in a crowded kitchen. Before he has a chance to go to an open area (or so he says) the cork flies into the air - into my eye! The pressure of impact dislocated part of my retina, so I've had blurried vision for the last few days, together with hazy and spotty vision from the impact. Oh joy...

Anyways, the eye doctor says there's a good chance to get my vision back, and timing is critical, so I'm doing the surgery tomorrow. I should be home tomorrow at the end of the day, with 20-30 days at home of rest. (I'll have more details tomorrow, the whole thing has just been happening fast).

Anyways, wish me luck. :) And happy new year to all...

Rod

Good grief. Those champaign corks can be treacherous. Even the pros sometimes get caught when the cork flies off as you remove the wire.

Did your cousin not know that allowing a cork to pop from the bottle bruises the champaigne! One should always try to remove it slowly.

Anyway, hope the op goes well. Its a fairly common op these days with a good rate of success.

Thinking of you

David.

Hi Rod, we don't know eachother but I'd like to add my wishes to the others for a speedy recovery. You live dangerously .. I'm sure you'll pull out of this one as well! Hang in there. :)
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Rod, I hope all goes well with your surgery. Report back to let us know how it turns out.

All the best, DH

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Surgery went well, doc came to check on me friday morning (he lives close to my parent's house, where I'm staying). Looks good so far. My vision seems to be getting better, now it's just a matter of rest (which is the worst part, since I'm not exactly the sit still type). I'm do back for a checkup tomorrow.

The surgery itself went rather smooth, it's just awkward to be awake while they are working in your eye. :)

I've been in a horrible mood, mostly because I hate staying at home and not do anything ;) but the outlook is good. 20-30 days rest is the estimate, luckly I don't have anything big coming up the next few weeks. The doc has been even allowed me a bit of TV and internet time.

Rod

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Rod S:

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Surgery went well, doc came to check on me friday morning (he lives close to my parent's house, where I'm staying). Looks good so far. My vision seems to be getting better, now it's just a matter of rest (which is the worst part, since I'm not exactly the sit still type). I'm do back for a checkup tomorrow.

The surgery itself went rather smooth, it's just awkward to be awake while they are working in your eye. :)

I've been in a horrible mood, mostly because I hate staying at home and not do anything ;) but the outlook is good. 20-30 days rest is the estimate, luckly I don't have anything big coming up the next few weeks. The doc has been even allowed me a bit of TV and internet time.

Rod

Times up. Time to get back into bed with your eye propped up above your heart.

So do you now look like the Hathaway shirt man?

This must be the year for forum members to go under the knife. My surgery was about 2 months ago. While the surgery was not too bad, 6 weeks of no lifting, no bike riding, etc just about sent me over the edge. I gained over 10 pounds during that time. :mad:

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Fala Rodrigo!

I'm late too, but happy to know about your good prognostic. My wife is an ophthalmologist, and tells me this silly accident happens with astonishing frequency. The idea of covering the cork with some cloth is as sound as it gets.

Now let's look at the bright side of it: Did you realize just how many people in this forum actually care about you?

Strong wishes for a speedy and full recovery! :thu:

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

Archived