Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NBA PLAYOFFS!

Btw, just as I may soon have to give up hating the Lakers because it is bad for my health, the single most fruitless athlete to root against:

Tiger F%$cking Woods.

He puts every semblance of sports dominance--the current Lakers, the Yanks, The Williams' sisters, Jeff Gordon, whomever--into a different perspective. No one is rewriting history the way Tiger is. Unquestionably the dominant athlete of his era...if you consider golf athletics, and in Tiger's case it certainly is. What's the point in hating him? He's won 7 of the last 11 majors. Say what?

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Magpel:

Tiger F%$cking Woods.

He puts every semblance of sports dominance--the current Lakers, the Yanks, The Williams' sisters, Jeff Gordon, whomever--into a different perspective. No one is rewriting history the way Tiger is. Unquestionably the dominant athlete of his era...if you consider golf athletics, and in Tiger's case it certainly is. What's the point in hating him? He's won 7 of the last 11 majors

Wait until he starts hitting his free throws. :D

Mine are almost all football related, since that's pretty much the only sport about which I'm passionate:

1) Dallas Cowboys

2) Denver Broncos

3) Dallas Cowboys

4) Denver Broncos

5) Kansas City Chiefs

6) New York Giants

7) Washington Redskins

8) Boston Celtics

9) LA Lakers

10) All American League baseball teams

Mine all come from obvious sources. I'm a Raiders fan and an Eagles fan, and I grew up being a Sixers fan. That pretty much accounts for the first nine. As far as #10 - I hate the DH rule.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Phil Mickelson? Are you kidding me? What's to hate about the best golfer to never win a major?

Hey, if I could hit a lob wedge like Phil, I'd be a happy guy. But I'm just sick of sportscasters telling me I have to feel sorry for this 0-36 loser. He's an amazing golfer. I'm actually rooting against him now...I want him to never win a major! I'm evil that way. :D

Why hate the Tiger meat instead of the Tiger? Is this something personal, Jeff? Did you have a "thing" with Amy?
I don't hate Tiger at all. He's the most dominant player of any professional sport today. And golf being what it is, Tiger may continue dominating for 20+ more years. I was really only kidding about Mickelson. But I still think that he'll never win a major! :)

- Jeff

Based on this small and demographically skewed sample, the Cowboys, Yankees, and Lakers are the most hated franchises in American team sports, with the Raiders knocking on the door (and the only reason they've slipped out of the nefarious trinity is that they haven't won anything in so long...)
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Based on this small and demographically skewed sample, the Cowboys, Yankees, and Lakers are the most hated franchises in American team sports, with the Raiders knocking on the door...

Well I think we all understand why everyone hates the Yankees and Cowboys...but how can anyone not love the Lakers??? :D;):P

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Phil Mickelson? Are you kidding me? What's to hate about the best golfer to never win a major?

Hey, if I could hit a lob wedge like Phil, I'd be a happy guy. But I'm just sick of sportscasters telling me I have to feel sorry for this 0-36 loser.

- Jeff

Phil Mickelson, the Patrick Ewing of golf.

Originally posted by soapbox:

posts until 1,000 that is ;)

Soon we can talk about the draft, then the off season trades, then the pre-season. Before you know it the season will start and we can push for 2000. If it goes long enough, and this thread stays active and avoids the archive deamon, hey, Keyboard Corner could have a numbers boost. :D

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

I don't hate Tiger at all. He's the most dominant player of any professional sport today. And golf being what it is, Tiger may continue dominating for 20+ more years - Jeff

It's funny, Chris Rock was on TV this weekend and he was saying It's a true sign of the Apocalypse that the best Rapper is white(eminem), and the best golfer is black!!
TROLL . . . ish.

Did y'all hear Shaq's "speech" at the parade? Did I hear him say that the new capital of California is now Los Angeles?

Based upon that proclamation, I propose that the former state capital once known as Sacramento be renamed after its conqueror: Shaqramento :idea:

Albert

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Originally posted by meccajay:

God, I am so enjoying this last Laker hoorah!!...Oh well, at least Im not bitter.

By "last" hoorah, I take it you mean that Laker domination will "last and last and last..." :P:eek:

http://a1022.g.akamai.net/f/1022/6000/10m/www.latimes.com/media/thumbnails/photogallery/2002-06/3456258.jpg

p.s. don't be bitter... go out and get yourself a championship Laker banner...you'll feel better. :D

Did anyone see the display of poor sportsmanship demonstrated by Mexico's world cup team last night??? After losing 2-0, they left the field without shaking hands or the customary exchanging of jerseys. Plus, their team captain head butted Kobe Jones with about 10 minutes left in the game. It was really too bad, because the US team played great, and both of their goals were beautiful plays...no garbage goals.

Archived