Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NBA PLAYOFFS!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rabid:

Maybe suffering through a baseball strike will make us appreciate basketball even more.

As if there weren't enough reasons to hate baseball in the first place. :rolleyes:

But remember...football pre-season is something like five weeks away. Hockey starts like a month after that, then we're in b-ball season again.

But the whiny poor little millionaire baseball players? Fuck 'em. I hope they do strike. In 1994, the day before the All-Star game, the MLBPA met and announced that everything was fine, and that they hadn't set a strike date. Fourteen days later, the strike that lasted 250 days or so began.

I have no sympathy for their steroid-driven asses.

- Jeff

Originally posted by progfusion74:

Go Eagles!!!

Yeah, sure, why not? I live in L.A., so I can claim no strong committment to any football club.

I'm still a Raiders fan, but I do like McNabb, despite the choke in last season's playoffs. I guess I'll be following the Raiders and the Eagles this year...also hoping that Bledsoe does well with the Bills.

And, of course, rooting against the Broncos, the Chiefs, and (just to piss off steadyb) the Seahawks (though Dilfer may have a great year).

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

But remember...football pre-season is something like five weeks away.

Not even...

Aug. 3

American Bowl, Osaka, Japan

Washington vs San Francisco 10:00 PM ET (ESPN)

Aug. 5

Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio

Houston vs New York Giants 8:00 PM ET (ABC)

WEEK 1 AUGUST 8-12

Aug. 8

New York Jets at Pittsburgh 8:00 PM ET (ESPN)

Aug. 9

Cincinnati at Buffalo 7:30 PM ET

Detroit at Baltimore 8:00 PM ET

Jacksonville at Atlanta 7:30 PM ET

Oakland at Dallas 9:00 PM ET

Aug. 10

Arizona at San Diego 10:00 PM ET

Cleveland at Minnesota 8:00 PM ET

Denver at Chicago 8:00 PM ET

Green Bay at Philadelphia 7:30 PM ET

Houston at New Orleans 8:00 PM ET

Indianapolis at Seattle 10:00 PM ET

Kansas City at San Francisco 7:00 PM ET

New England at New York Giants 8:00 PM ET

St. Louis at Tennessee 8:00 PM ET

Washington at Carolina 8:00 PM ET

Aug. 12

Miami at Tampa Bay 8:00 PM ET (ESPN)

:D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by progfusion74:

Go Eagles!!!

Yeah, sure, why not? I live in L.A., so I can claim no strong committment to any football club.

I'm still a Raiders fan, but I do like McNabb, despite the choke in last season's playoffs. I guess I'll be following the Raiders and the Eagles this year...also hoping that Bledsoe does well with the Bills.

And, of course, rooting against the Broncos, the Chiefs, and (just to piss off steadyb) the Seahawks (though Dilfer may have a great year).

- Jeff

I have been in the US 6 or so years now and the first 4+ were spent at Syracuse, so I am more of a McNabb backer than an Eagles guy :) , and that will stay with me.

Have any of you guys seen the Redskins DEFENSIVE roster this year?? Or there new D- Coordinator??

Gonna be hard for my Eagles this year....Im loosing sleep thinkin about that Redskins D, and how we can beat it. Oh GOD I love this!!!!!!

TROLL . . . ish.

I love football more than any other sport, but it's hard for me to get worked up about the pre-season. I seem to recall that the year Ditka's Bears first became contenders (and went on to win the Super Bowl the following year), they first lost all of their pre-season games. Sure, a winning pre-season can help build momentum for a great year ahead; but otherwise, the wins and losses are meaningless.

The pre-season is a great chance, though, for starters to get injured and miss the real games. It's also a great chance for sports fans to watch players who will get cut or who will warm the bench in the season ahead. :rolleyes:

FWIW, shouldn't we be starting a 2002 season football thread for this type of talk? I think that it would be fitting for Dave to start one.

GO PACKERS!!!

http://www.packersproshop.com/images/products/18b_small.jpeg

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Originally posted by steadyb:

GO SEAHAWKS!!! :thu::D:eek::thu:

How can he have such good taste in basketball teams and turn around and say something like "Go Seahawks"??? :eek::D:P

- Jeff

Answer: He doesn't have good taste in basketball teams, If he did he'd be a Sacramento Kings fan...

He's just ridin' the current trend of being a groupie for the Shaq-o-saurus Rex.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

He doesn't have good taste in basketball teams, If he did he'd be a Sacramento Kings fan....

Sorry, I don't really follow the European Basketball Association. :rolleyes:

After the kings owners pay top dollar to keep Bibby (while holding on to the rest of the supporting cast) and still don't get past the Lakers next year, you'll see Vlade gone, Hedo gone, and so on. The kings are a lot like the Utah Jazz of recent past, except that the kings will never make the finals. N E V E R !!! N E V E R !!! N E V E R !!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!! :thu::D:eek::thu:

How can he have such good taste in basketball teams and turn around and say something like "Go Seahawks"??? :eek::D:P

- Jeff

Karma. Some day most the vile of California, otherwise known as Lakers fans will sink into the ocean. Others will be condemed to chear for the Seahawks.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

So what do I get for being a Cincinnati Bengals fan? It better be something BIG.

Hey, you had your day. Kenny Anderson, Collinsworth, Boomer...uh... um...

Hmmm, you do deserve some karmic goodness! :D

- Jeff

So what do I get for being a Cincinnati Bengals fan? It better be something BIG.

Robert

Ken Griffey Jr.
Thanks. I feel so much better now. :rolleyes:

Actually I feel sorry for Jr. He signed with the Reds at a discount so they could afford to sign a good pitcher. His injuries have him depressed and the fans are on his case. The was some of them act can almost turn me against chearing for any Cincinnati team. The truth is, their "better than thou" attitude towards most people from Kentucky is enough to turn me against most things in Cincinnati. Since Cleavland drafted Couch I have cheared for thim more then the Bengals. He is from my area. I hope he does well. This may be the make or break year.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Rob,

And if you think about it, that's a funny attitude for the Cincy folks to take since most of them are from Kentucky anyway. Half the population of Cincy is made of former Kentuckians who moved north to find work. I never could figure their condescending attitude............

I'm with you on Couch, I really enjoyed when he played at UK and hope he has a great year.

David

Little-known secret about Jeff: although I never lived there, I was, indeed, born in Cincinnati.

There. I said it. Fine.

I've lived in California since I was 4 or so. I consider myself a Californian, some 30 years later. But when I used to go back and visit old Gramps and Grandma, I'd go to Reds games at Riverfront. Real cool Reds games in 1975-1978. Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Jose Concepcion and the boys.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone that I am a Cincinnatian, or whatever people from there call themselves. :)

- Jeff

I'd go to Reds games at Riverfront. Real cool Reds games in 1975-1978. Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Jose Concepcion and the boys.

- Jeff

I know I shouldn't be showing my face in this thread, at least not without a tampon stuck to it (negotiations are ongoing--success is expected), but, Jeff---Jose Concepcion? Might you mean Dave Concepcion? I can see how you got them confused. ;)

...And please don't forget Joe Morgan, Tony Perez, and Cesar Gernimo! What a frickin team. The "Big Maroon Contraption," was that the nickname?

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

I know I shouldn't be showing my face in this thread, at least not without a tampon stuck to it...

At least get it posted before football season starts. :thu:

Originally posted by Magpel:

Might you mean Dave Concepcion? I can see how you got them confused. ;)

I was referring to Dave by his little-known nickname. ;) Yes, I lost my mind for a moment.

What a frickin team. The "Big Maroon Contraption," was that the nickname?
No, it was "The Gigantic Dark-Pink Mechanism". You must have remembered it wrong. :)

The cool thing was that as a little kid, I also lived in Boston, while Yastremski, Lynn and the boys were battling the Reds.

Good baseball years.

- Jeff

Archived