Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NBA PLAYOFFS!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One last thing...

Consider what they accomplished during their most recent run: Coach Jackson, already in a league of his own in terms of playoff winning percentage, passed Pat Riley for most playoff wins (155) and tied Red Auerbach for most championships (9). Shaquille O'Neal won his third straight Finals MVP award, averaging 36.3 points, 12.3 rebounds and setting four-game Finals records for total points (145), free throws made (45) and attempted (68) and blocks (11). Bryant, all of 23 years old, brought a daunting all-around game with 26.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game while turning in a couple of clutch fourth-quarter performances.

Perhaps more importantly, the team showed resilience, overcoming a 3-2 deficit in the conference finals to win that series in seven games, in overtime, on the road in the league's toughest arena. Looking all the better for it, they swept through the Finals with nary a worry.

See you all again next year.

Now back to our originally scheduled programming... :eek::wave:

1. Houston: Yao Ming, 7-5, C, Shanghai Sharks (China)

2. Chicago: Jay Williams, 6-2, Jr., PG, Duke

3. Golden State: Mike Dunleavy, 6-9, Jr., SF, Duke

4. Memphis: Drew Gooden, 6-10, Jr., PF, Kansas

5. Denver: Nikoloz Tskitishvilli, 6-11, SF, Benetton Treviso (Italy)

Oops!!

Now you've done it, I think Steadyb wanted to be the last poster in the thread, he earned that didnt he?

It doesnt matter, it's his, he's claimed it and he will show you that in just a minute! By the way Rabid, I guess the draft is rapped up in 2 main players. Ming, and Jay Williams, Houston's gonna pick Ming they say because they certainly dont need a guard.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Oops!!

Now you've done it, I think Steadyb wanted to be the last poster in the thread, he earned that didnt he?

It doesnt matter, it's his, he's claimed it and he will show you that in just a minute!

Wow. I didn't know you still felt so strongly. Are we still harboring a little bitterness over losing, as your signature indicates???

By all means, please have the last word, just don't forget to use apostrophes where necessary.

Mecca will never be as great as Magpel! NEVER!!! :P:rolleyes:

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by Rabid:

PS: First 5 draft picks. Who will they be?

Sorry Mecca, I didn't realize it was a rhetorical question.
It was? Geee. I did not realize that. I thought I really liked debating the draft. The reason I did not post my own guess is I have no idea who to put 3 through 5.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Patience, my young Paduan. Adhering A napkin on the forehead is a delicate procedure that can not be rushed...I'll be borrowing the digital camera tonight, though I *will not* be explaining why.

Originally posted by Magpel:

I should be the MVP. I'm the one who's taking the...napkin on the forehead.

By the way, when do we get to see that???
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Regardless of any extenuating circumstances, this thread must die soon. It has been on life-support since the Lakers showed their dominance.

I am recommending that the most appropriate finale to the NBA Thread will be the highly-anticipated feminine product/forehead photo, with perhaps one small closing comment by the thread MVP.

Personally, this will be my last post in this thread. It's been fun. I'd like to thank the Academy, as well as steadyb, Dan South, Magpel, Mecca, Steve, dB, Paul Dirks formerly of iZ, Phil Jackson, Shaq, Kobe, Horry, Fox, Fisher, Mad Dog Madsen, Mitch Richmond, Brian Shaw, Bibby, Webber, Vlade, Jason Kidd, Byron Scott, and Dr. James A. Naismith.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

...I am recommending that the most appropriate finale to the NBA Thread will be the highly-anticipated feminine product/forehead photo, with perhaps one small closing comment by the thread MVP...

- Jeff

Good idea. Then Dave could lock it. Or, we could just revive the same thread next season. Or, Dave could lock it and not unlock it until next season.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Rabid:

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

...I am recommending that the most appropriate finale to the NBA Thread will be the highly-anticipated feminine product/forehead photo, with perhaps one small closing comment by the thread MVP...

- Jeff

Good idea. Then Dave could lock it.
That sounds like a plan to me...okay, Mags - we're waiting... ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Wow. I didn't know you still felt so strongly. Are we still harboring a little bitterness over losing, as your signature indicates???

NEVER!!! :P:rolleyes:

Easy b, I was just being silly. Remember I picked the Lakers to win from the jump, we all must bow down.

Bitterness...yes, but only toward the refs.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Easy b, I was just being silly. Remember I picked the Lakers to win from the jump.

Yeah, I know. Me too. :P:eek::D:wave:
OKAY, OK!! I'll change my signature....there...how's that?!
TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

That sounds like a plan to me...okay, Mags - we're waiting... ;)

dB

...and waiting, ...and waiting, ...and... :D:P

...here's what it might look like... :idea:

Archived