Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Dave Bryce

Unfortunately, the guy who recorded it didn't mind the VCR (or whatever he used) recording level so the recordings peak a bit.
Unfortunately, the camera guy didn't keep the camera on the background singers the whole time. :laugh:

indeed!

Great band, real well arranged and played. I do have to point out that, to me, both tunes are a bit too 'on top'...in other words, I think your drummer (with a little help from everyone) was rushing at times that morning. I am being critical and that's something that kinda' bothered me throughout but it's all good.

Constructive critique is always welcome!

Tx for the kind words, I was a bit hesitant to post these videos since there's a lot of badass mofos around here :D

I agree on the camera issue...way too much male footage.

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

Aha, synth jazz tryouts. I suppose meant for certain speakers ?

I'm a great fan (actually true) of the Black Crowes: that band is pretty good to get some of the song rolling and rocking. Nice, wouldn't mind playing along, but as I remember from playing (other) covers, it was often a matter of fellow musicians pride to not take the songs as far in the directions of the original as I would like. Well done.

This is pretty different from what I've posted on here recently, which has been pretty much synthy electronic stuff that I've made for fun. This however is the best song (I think) that my band wrote through highschool. We recorded this last year during practice just for fun, so the quality is pretty lacking, but its listenable... I'd pretty much forgotten about it alltogether and then stumbled on it in my files.

BTW guys, your music just blows me away. Considering I'm still relatively novice, your stuff really gives me something to 'look up to' per se.

Just recently posted two tunes from the new Aethellis album at Power of Prog. CLONK HERE

"Northumbria" has a lot of vocal harmonies and ELP-style organ/bass/drums interplay and clocks in just under 11 minutes.

"Sounds Good" is a more conventional upbeat jazzy/poppy instrumental with lots of VB3 Hammond work.

Both with be fine tuned a tad for the final album release in the Spring.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

• 4 weeks later...

I've been reluctant to post this, but in my keeping with my recent spate of shameless self-promotion, I thought, what the hell.

Bach on the Moog Voyager. I just had to. Many thanks to Wendy Carlos who fueled the fire that still burns. Also to her my deepest apologies for re-inventing the wheel, and poorly at that.

Clonk

Why would you have to be reluctant...

I appreciate the reverb, but notice that impulse reverbs have issues that the waves aren't remembered so they always sound a bit dull/undeep.

The melody sounds good, but wasn't Carlos out to do extensive instrument simulations with Moog modulars? I mean the sounds you made are probably not as close to orchestral or organ sounds than his (hers) ?

Theo

Re-posting from the Reharm Room. It probably didn't belong there anyway:

Here is a track that will be the background music for a friend's Youtube video series. I called it "The Modal Network."

Because it is a video relating to business networking with a voice over, I tried to keep the playing a bit sparse.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Davin

...Impulse reverbs have issues that the waves aren't remembered so they always sound a bit dull/undeep.

Still playing with software verbs. Haven't found one I like as well as my hardware Lexicon. Should've used it on this.

The melody sounds good, but wasn't Carlos out to do extensive instrument simulations with Moog modulars? I mean the sounds you made are probably not as close to orchestral or organ sounds than his (hers) ?

I never got the impression that Carlos was interested in imitative synthesis and I doubt it was her goal (with the exception of "Tales Of Heaven And Hell"). Her textures were always somewhere between recognizable and other-worldly. My fear with this piece was that it was too "organy" with too few timbre shifts. OTOH, it IS an organ work.

K.

here's kind of a fun exercise...writing with a trope. The trope used is the top line in whole notes and then a short piece using it.

trope

Could not listen to this at work today because of the audio format. Love it! Thanks for the chart. I will be stealing some of those voicings!

dazzjazz....really nice stuff. Every time I hear you guys it makes me jones to get another B3.

Here's one of the things I had to do last week. Kind like the circus came to town, but who doesn't like the circus?

(forgive the blank bar up front. sometimes sib need it to lock for some reason)

I was watching this video and there was this 60's italian rock tune on the background, that reminded me of what my dad used to listen to, so i decided to write a homage to that decade, here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/2WGqfxaP/White_Acid_-_A_Homage_To_The_6.html

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I listened with pleasure to Lunar. Is it a live recording , c.q. one take band recording ?

I suppose unless you record orchestras the whole band idea is a risky business unless you're very good or very rough. Round every sonic corner lurkers will want to borrow new stuff or simply dictate that they are some m*f* big shut producer with the wrong golden chain around their neck waiting to sample you dead and take over managament..

I mean musically what I heard from above the last days I'd say it's all reasonably advanced, and I suppose the Jazz people can get free from this whole doom and gloom over the music thing, and I believe we should, but hey, what can a poor boy do with cheap synth or guitar? Even Brian Ferry or Iggi pop would be mofod in a corner or cuttled to death, what does that mean after decades of sucessful Rock ?

Theo

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd invite you guys to my Youtube channel, if you're interested in live looping, I add videos occasionally. There isn't always much keyboard besides some melodica, but usually you can see at least a Hammond or a Leslie in the background!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CesarAuguste80

"Show me all the blueprints. I'm serious now, show me all the blueprints."

My homemade instruments

• 1 month later...
I've been reluctant to post this, but in my keeping with my recent spate of shameless self-promotion, I thought, what the hell.

Bach on the Moog Voyager. I just had to. Many thanks to Wendy Carlos who fueled the fire that still burns. Also to her my deepest apologies for re-inventing the wheel, and poorly at that.

Clonk

Enjoyed this, thanks

"Just a tad more attack on the filter, Grandad!"