Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

well, thanks for the complements...

ktempo:the singer is the guitarist (which isnt me - i would scare everyone with my monotone vocals!) i'm only the keyboardist.

I've been listening to some of the tracks you guys just put up and jeez i like some of them pretty good

Steve LeBlanc:that excerpt is really like somthing that could be on John McLaughlins 'Extrapolation' album. i dunno why but i had the feeling the whole way through that the rhodes and McLaughlins guitar had a very similar tone and style (or maybe thats just me)

IanD: The new song made me think of Bill Withers...especially his song 'Just the two of us' (is that the DX or what?). nice song though-i could imagine it on the start of an 80's TV show (sorry if you don't like the thoughts of that!)

ktempo:The song KTempo was nice but i way prefered Sista Breeze - but for the most part thats just because i prefer faster tempos.I think though (if you dont mind me saying) that it would really benefit from a big deep smooth bass line the whole way through (maybe like Zero7 or Air). thats just a personal thing again though.

well thats all i've got to say about them for the minute-i might come and listen again after i smoke somthing...i should have a whole new perspective!

-starfucker

Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

well, thanks for the complements...

ktempo:the singer is the guitarist (which isnt me - i would scare everyone with my monotone vocals!) i'm only the keyboardist.

I've been listening to some of the tracks you guys just put up and jeez i like some of them pretty good

Steve LeBlanc:that excerpt is really like somthing that could be on John McLaughlins 'Extrapolation' album. i dunno why but i had the feeling the whole way through that the rhodes and McLaughlins guitar had a very similar tone and style (or maybe thats just me)

IanD: The new song made me think of Bill Withers...especially his song 'Just the two of us' (is that the DX or what?). nice song though-i could imagine it on the start of an 80's TV show (sorry if you don't like the thoughts of that!)

ktempo:The tune KTempo was nice but i way prefered Sista Breeze - but for the most part thats just because i prefer faster tempos.I think though (if you dont mind me saying) that it would really benefit from a big deep smooth bass line the whole way through (maybe like Zero7 or Air). thats just a personal thing again though.

well thats all i've got to say about them for the minute-i might come and listen again after i smoke somthing...i should have a whole new perspective!

-starfucker

Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

Really? That's cool...I have listened to a lot of John Mclaughlin...I tend to play a lot of horn type lines/sounds, I think he did too. I'm glad you liked it.

Originally posted by Starfucker:

Thanks for that, I was going for the 80's feel with the DX, you don't here that sound very much now, and the brass sounds add to that feel (the brass is also from a DX)

Not all my stuff sounds like that, but its a fun track.

I listened to Abandoned, it reminded me of early 70's Pink Floyd, it could have been off Meddle.

I wish a could play the guitar, it brings a track out

I will listen to some more later

Ian

IanD: "what kit do you use?" I used three different kits on my Alesis QS6.1 (not all in the same song though). I used "straight8", "8oh8" and "9Time." Those are my fav kits.

Starfucker: "ktempo:The tune KTempo was nice but i way prefered Sista Breeze - but for the most part thats just because i prefer faster tempos.I think though (if you dont mind me saying) that it would really benefit from a big deep smooth bass line the whole way through (maybe like Zero7 or Air). thats just a personal thing again though." I agree with you about having a smooth deep bassline throughout. I might go back and do some more editing and such and also use an acoustic drumkit or something like Dan South suggested with Sista Breeze.

Thanks guys!

Kim :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/confused.gif

1. If you want reactions to your music, tell us where to find it.

dB

Hello!

If you are interested in German Electronic/Keyboard Music you`ll find some MP3s from very different Artists on

hexaChord

Listen or ignore. THX!

For Insiders: Better?

Laconic Deconstructivism

------------------------

Visit me:

..hexaChord - independent movement for artificial arts..

OK, here's my first post to "Let's Hear It". Unfortunately, it's a bit off-topic. Since I haven't been recording much music lately, I haven't had much to post. But now I have something very cool to share.

I spent the day spotting sound effects with Tony Scott (Top Gun, Spy Game, etc.) and Jesse Negron for a new CBS series called American Fighter Pilot. I've cut in around 1/2 of the effects so far and it's sounding really big. I recorded a lot of the jets myself in 4-channel surround on a Navy base in Lamoore, CA.

My company, RocketWerks is doing the sound effects editing and foley recording. The series premieres on Friday, March 29th at 8pm on CBS. It's a very cool reality program which follows three students through the Air Force F-15 fighter training program.

Sorry it's not synth related (aside from a few Andromeda rumbles), but I'm really excited about it. I hope you'll check it out.

Thanks, -jl

istyle

The basic drum rif is from a ER1 and I played the livee sounding drums off my Korg i3 via the keyboard (no loops)

I do like using a drum machine loop and playing the drums along with it.

I listened to some of your tunes,good stuff.

Ian

ktempo : finally i heard it from mp3.com

and nice to hear you made good use of drum from QS

when i heard it from mine i thought it's mediocre

but now i have to go check it again

but more of variation on drum will be finer *)

the piano is also from QS?

After i got trinity i never use any synth sound from QS but piano

Nice playing also,i hope to make more of real playing music soon

Steve : listened to gospel jam and thought it's a cool one ,you really burnt on that B3

but i think drum was too much of fusion?

more repetitive pattern 'd be cooler in my opinion

i heard he made some mistakes if my ears didin't cheat me

( my first instrument was also drum )

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

Sorry to be bombarding you guys with stuff lately but this is really the best sounding jam in quite some time.

Whoa! A friend smoked me out the other day in a big way (shake and leafage makes my nose bleed but this was some Balkan Kine) and I may still be altered, but

have you done some serious changes with the bass sound or am I tripping? Drums or drum mics recently changed too?

Anyway I'm glad to hear you going off with your new toy, sounds great!

-CB

Steve, I think that's the "proggiest" stuff I've heard you guys play. Sounds great. The drums do sound esp. good this time around, so that's not just CB's ganja-powered internal processing engine.

I'm still listening. This is an intense and frantic jam, but with a real solidity and direction to it.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

heh, yeah well, we're still exploring sound, trying different mic placement, different musicians, different plants ;) , lighting. We don't expect to reach perfection anytime soon but we are evolving and most of the time improving.

Thanks for listening to our latest experiments, nice to have someone appreciate it.

Here's another Short Hammond jam (really short, about 2 minutes) recorded this last weekend.

I have the Hammond going through my Fender Twin and the Leslie at the same time...near the end of this jam I'm using an on/off footswitch to play stabs with the Leslie only while the Twin holds the chords out throughout. Pretty cool effect methinks, who needs Midi? :)

"Some Cool Hammond"

http://www.artistlaunch.com/jamfree