Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Thanks Dave. I couldn’t find a good lead sheet for Israel so I picked it off Explorations and documented it using the Dorico notation app for iPad. I only wrote out the basic 7th chords figuring I would add the extensions when we played. I finished notating it the day before the session and didn’t have the LH figure in measure 8 under my fingers, so I left it out when we played. 

Here’s the lead sheet I created in case you, or anyone else, wants to take it for a spin. The blowing changes are in parenthesis where a different chord is played during the head.

image.png

• Like 3

Hello.

Check out my new band, Electrinity.

We play electro rock.

https://electrinityband.bandcamp.com/album/rise

• Like 1

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

• 1 month later...

Still a little bit of mixing and tweaking to do on this one...

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Does this go here or in the „shameless plugs“ thread?

The Drawbars‘ first album „One Finger Only“, recorded early in 2020, is FINALLY out: 

https://linktr.ee/thedrawbars

recorded live in the studio, only overdub is handclaps on one song and a single space echo track at the end of the final piece. 

Hammond B3 and ARP Odyssey into Space Echo and Leslie, Wurlitzer 200a into Deluxe Memory Man and some 1940s tube amp. 

+ Bass & Drums. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

20 hours ago, CyberGene said:

@analogika I’m still halfway through it but I already love it 👏🏻 Fantastic job! Blends perfectly with my afternoon coffee. Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words! It's kind of surreal to finally have it out… 🙂 

• Thanks 1

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

A couple of new ones.

"A Walk In The Light"

"Rise Up"

• Love 1

Hardware

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Some less-than-serious r'n'b tunes from the past year from a side project - Alpha $ix. :laugh: More info here:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

A random performance of Wave from a recent gig.

• Like 1

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

A random performance of Music To Watch Girls By from a recent gig. I'm kinda proud of my crush snare rolls on this one. I put together the sequence many years ago, and It took a lot of time, across a few MIDI channels, to get each hit separate, and at 192 PPQN.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

A random performance of Tequila from a recent gig. 

"Unconstrained" - my latest music video. As it says in the description, "20 minutes of continuous music that blurs boundaries. Must songs have a structure? Can they have just one verse? Can songs morph into different songs? It's all about being...unconstrained."

I've been playing around with "Come rain or come shine." Sunday morning, 4/3 I recorded a take for self-evaluation, it only had few clams so I share it which motivates ME, even though numbers tell me, no one cares <not that there is anything wrong with that>

Solo piano on N2.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I've been doing a bunch of library tracks the past couple weeks. Last week I was doing piano or piano/strings heartfelt sad tracks. After 4 or 5 of them I felt drained/bored.  So yesterday I thought I'd jump on a few drone beds. So this is maybe 9 tracks of Matriarch, 2 Omega 8, 1 Omnisphere, and a boom. :)

Hit Me

So, in January of 2020, the prog-funk band I play in, a 7-piece beast called Thru Spectrums (led by the brother/sister duo of guitarist Joe Massa and vocalist Amanda Massa), put the finishing touches on its fourth LP. I've been in the band for nearly a decade now, but at the time it was the first record that I had a full hand in helping write all the material, and the first time the same lineup worked on a project from conception to finished product. We were all set to release the album in summer or fall of 2020.

And then, um, some unexpected events occurred... and we thought it would be good to wait until it blew over... little did we know.

Anyway, finally, more than four years after we hit the studio to start tracking, we released Choose Your Own Adventure today. I hope you all dig it. It's whatever the opposite of a minimalist production is, and it's been really fun for me to listen back to where my head was at before All This happened (I was really going for it with the layered synths and Seaboard, I guess!).

• Like 2

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

My new band, Sassy Mellows, released our first single last week.

I normally try to improvise my solos whenever possible, but this take turned out so nice that I've decided to play this solo live (with slight variations) every time. 😜

23 hours ago, linwood said:

I've been doing a bunch of library tracks the past couple weeks. Last week I was doing piano or piano/strings heartfelt sad tracks. After 4 or 5 of them I felt drained/bored.  So yesterday I thought I'd jump on a few drone beds. So this is maybe 9 tracks of Matriarch, 2 Omega 8, 1 Omnisphere, and a boom. :)

Hit Me

Imagining myself crawling slowly out of the crashed spaceship on a distant planet, edging the door open slowly slow slow... YIKES!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

1 hour ago, SMcD said:

My new band, Sassy Mellows, released our first single last week.

I normally try to improvise my solos whenever possible, but this take turned out so nice that I've decided to play this solo live (with slight variations) every time. 😜

Wicked track, friend! Loved your solo, too. Such a great party atmosphere on the whole thing.

• Love 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

7 hours ago, SamuelBLupowitz said:

Wicked track, friend! Loved your solo, too. Such a great party atmosphere on the whole thing.

Thanks so much boss! The "party atmosphere" is partially a bunch of background recordings of the band and some friends cheering, whooping, chattering, etc. Buried deep in there somewhere is me yelling "SIGN MY FACE!" 

Really digging yours too! As someone mostly stuck in the "70's toolkit" of piano and all things electromechanical, I admire your creativity in getting weird with your sounds. I mean it as the highest possible compliment when I say that the whole project sounds like No Doubt drowned in LSD 😄

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Official livestream of the MSUM Commercial Ensemble's spring concert, "Mixtape", from last week. The audio came out really nicely, good enough for me to actually share here. Did the whole gig on my MODX7, which has proven its worth quickly this semester. Quite a variety of genres here - ballads, hard rock, classics, modern pop, etc. Mostly covers with one original by one of our members (For Tomorrow). Tunes with timestamps (my favorites in bold):

13:40 - Valerie

17:56 - Go Your Own Way

21:57 - Have You Ever Seen the Rain

25:58 - Zombie

31:28 - Midnight Rider

34:57 - If I Ain't Got You

38:56 - Hallucinate (makes use of the live sidechaining capability of the MODX/Montage)

42:55 - Everybody Talks

48:25 - For Tomorrow

52:55 - The Boston States

57:20 - Nobody's Stopping You Now

1:01:55 - Ain't No Rest For the Wicked

1:05:47 - Ain't It Fun

1:09:45 - Treasure

1:16:03 - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

8 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

34:57 - If I Ain't Got You

Nice work Max. I like how you bring the strings in behind the piano on the intro. Thanks for sharing.

MODX7 looks like a nice lightweight keyboard. I went with the YC73 instead because I usually struggle playing piano on a semi-weighted action but you seem to be fine with it.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:21 PM, justin_havu said:

A couple of new ones.

"A Walk In The Light"

"Rise Up"

Justin, I been meaning to say, “A Walk in the Light” is really well constructed. Is this your writing, or is this an arrangement of someone else’s tune? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Piktor said:

Justin, I been meaning to say, “A Walk in the Light” is really well constructed. Is this your writing, or is this an arrangement of someone else’s tune? 

Original tune.

• Like 1

Hardware

Software

20 minutes ago, Piktor said:

I have listened to it a number of times. Great work.

I just listened to it. Very nice tune, has 90-s vibe. Reminds me of a rather obscure keyboardist I used to listen to, Fred Simon (Check his album Usually/Always from 1988) and other artists recording for the now defunct Windham Hill label. Great work @justin_havu!

• Like 1