Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

A little out of season, but here's the last thing I recorded. Threw it together pretty quickly in time for the holidays.

O Come All Ye Faithful

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Not "my" music, but a quick afternoon's version of a song I only recently discovered...believe that or not. I never listened too much Bowie beyond the biggest hits and I'd never heard this when I was young.

A bit iffy of a vocal performance, it was two different takes and in a "real studio situation" neither would be kept :D. You can definitely hear that I was a bit in searching mode and reading lyrics to boot!

All various software instruments: CFX lite for piano; Fluffy Audio Cello; Spitfire Originals for strings. FX are mostly Valhalla delay with Tai Chi Lite my new reverb plugin to replace a couple that broke when I upgraded (grr).

There is a percussion track but ever since I upgraded to Monterey Logic's drum tracks have sometimes been out of time with the track (I mean, WTF?!) so I just muted it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is the song I wrote over Christmas that led me to ask another "what chord is this thread".  Turned out to be nothing more than a G-raised5th.  Just a simple tune, nothing to get you real Jazz players excited, but I'd been listening to all my holiday favorites, Nat, Tony, Joe Williams...., and it put me in this lazy, behind the beat mood.   I let it sit for a couple months, thinking "I don't have the vocabulary for these changes, but Matt Rollings convinced me to finish it.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Steve I really enjoyed everything about this tune! I'm so glad you finished it.

BTW is the vibes sound played on keys?

Cheers,

Larry

Kurzweil Forte 7, PC3, PC4, Hydrasynth, Kronos 61, UltraNova, Rhodes, Clavinet D6, MiniMoog, GSI Burn, ELX112Ps, SpaceStation, Assorted Weapons

11 hours ago, Griswold said:

Steve I really enjoyed everything about this tune! I'm so glad you finished it.

BTW is the vibes sound played on keys?

Cheers,

Larry

Everything was played on keys, here in my little Pandemic Hideaway 😁  Orange Tree Samples Pure Jazz Vibes!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Al Quinn said:

I recorded this yesterday on my recently purchased Yamaha P-515. Hope you enjoy it!

Beautiful, Al. I always feel like such a caveman when I watch/listen to you play. Really elegant.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I’ve been working on my mixing skills by going through old multitracks and prepping them for YouTube… here’s one from the last tour I did as MD with the Santana tribute before we parted ways back in 2016… 

Edit: I still cringe at the shitty timing in the first organ solo every time I hear it, but hell, at least the Hammond sounds great…  🥴

(I like to imagine the montunos slightly make up for it.)

• Like 1

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

• 3 weeks later...

Re-recording of a tune I wrote back in 2009.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I'm a bass payer who owns synths, not a keyboard player, so I'm a little hesitant to post my new album on here, as I didn't play any keyboard parts, but the player who did (Harry Graser) is fantastic. He's only like 24 or thereabouts, and sounded this good when he was 18.

https://jonathanhughes.bandcamp.com/album/aura

Another one I wrote back in 2009-2010 that I re-recorded.

https://soundcloud.com/justin-havu/let-my-words-break-free

Hardware

Software

• 1 month later...

I was rummaging through my old ITunes library cleaning stuff out and I came upon this old clip at my studio in 2002 of a casual playing session with some guys I used to play with here in town. Sadly they both moved away from LA years ago but I still have fond memories and the many creative times with them.

It's Super lo-fi audio quality of Miles Davis' most played tune, "Solar". It was Miles' birthday yesterday, he would have been 96. He always pushed the envelope, I'd like to think he might approve of our stretching out a bit and taking it to a different place at times. 

Listening back 20 years, there's a LOT of stuff I wouldn't play anymore  (and other stuff I would) but nice to hear what we were all into back then.

Personal listed on the SC track.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Posted the full background of this album on the Shameless Plugs page, but we just released the debut (and final) LP from my late friend's band Spacetrain, and I'm extremely proud to pay tribute to him through these recordings of his music. Also, I got to really rip some keyboard parts on what was originally a primarily guitar-based band, so that was fun. Hope you dig.

• Like 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Finally had a chance to wring out my “minimalist B-3” at a local cafe. I’m happy with it.

Jake

• Like 2

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

This is a music video for the first song from my first new album in like 150 years, "The Seahorse in the Center of Your Mind". For those who don't know, I create ambient, atmospheric mind-warping music as Eleven Shadows. I feel like the music I make is the sonic counterpart to my night photos.

I created the video as well from a variety of sources, including some macro photography videos.

Oh, and of course, being a keyboardist, I had to list the keyboards I used! That's in the caption of the video.

Album is here.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...