Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Just finished this little ditty. Really happy with how it turned out. Features quite a bit of my Kurzweil K2000.

https://soundcloud.com/justin-havu/the-house-that-god-built

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

This is from a few years ago, but I think it's quite cool. Me on Yamaha S80 with a little Kurz micro piano pad mixed in, and the great Ken Bichel on acoustic piano doing my composition Big n" Tall from a benefit concert we produced to raise money for Jovenes Adelante, a Mexican charity that gives scholarships to bright but poor Mexican kids.

[video:youtube]

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

• 2 weeks later...
Lot's of interesting music. Honestly: a lot of sound improvement would be necessary all over the place to do a decent B grade show. I don't know why that is, but a lot of the IMO wrong digital sounds and IMO unpleasant PA systems would make me pick myself up, switch of the instrument and/or the PA and leave.

T.

Only problem is if you make your living doing this and you walk out a few times, you will learn what a hand sandwich is.

You do what you can do, with what you have to do it with.

Some days things are good, some days they are ok, and some days they are bad. You just learn to deal with it, try to have fun and put on a good show. Of course everyone wants things to sound wonderful all the time but reality is, what it is.

Rocking out on the keyboard.

Sounds nice, keep up the good work. Making keys sound like guitar is very difficult. In fact its difficult enough that when I record and need a electric guitar piece, I find it easier to try to play the part on guitar rather than keys, and I don't play guitar. Of course I guess that says something about my keyboard playing also. lol

Musical comedy album I played on.

It was a totally ludicrous turnaround. We recorded it in two four-hour sessions three weeks ago. They released it last night! Drove the engineer out of his mind trying to mix it all in time. Anyway. There it is.

:thu:

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Just finished this little ditty. Really happy with how it turned out. Features quite a bit of my Kurzweil K2000.

https://soundcloud.com/justin-havu/the-house-that-god-built

Very nice piece, your voice reminds me of Dan Fogelberg.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Lot's of interesting music....

T.

You do what you can do, with what you have to do it with.

Some days things are good, some days they are ok, and some days they are bad. ...

Yeah, sure I'm also critical of the latest Madonna or something, I guess I want to make the point I heard a lot of analog bands, and of course a lot of moderate to bad stuff as well, but it didn't sound that lousy. I know what's wrong with a lot of productions, so every now and then I want people to be aware of it that since R&R, there's been a better sound than plugging in a digital mixer and hoping for the best.

T.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are writing a little electro-based EP, and this is the first track we've released. All synth parts were recorded on the FA-06 in a night, then exported into Logic. It's a fun little board.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

A new tape from my band High Tides. Double-posted to Shameless Plugs. Please let me know what y'all think.

Bandcamp link

Just went in the Listening thread as well. Great stuff, Eric!

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

I'm gearing up (literally gearing up with the tools for this) to make regular youtube videos of myself improvising. Spontaneous composition is pretty much all I do now. I'm experimenting with multiple cameras and this first offering is little more than that. Just me working out the multi camera editing kinks. However, this is the first new music I've put online in about a decade. I have to say I alarmed myself at how obese I look on camera. Never suspected a thing from mirrors. I'm taking losing weight very seriously now. Anyway, here's me noodling. Thanks in advance for watching me play.

Carl

• 3 weeks later...
I'm gearing up...

Carl

It's fun to improvise, but with time progressing, it maybe becomes harder to do something interesting, because Charlie Parker, Joe Zawinul and the blues band in the nearest town, etc. all improvise, too. But seriously, usually these experiments are limited because instruments (especially sampled ones) start to sound repetitive, with no production over the result, that tends to become a tad boring, but that's just normal musician comments, nothing specific.

...came to me fully formed...

Nice song. I didn't particularly like the result, but I could be demanding too much for a teenager, I don't know. Not all too much buildup, personal phrasing, or specific rhythmic feel to get anything from me much, but of course a crafty kid.

SOLO PIANO : SKYLINER

First off, I didn't know the composer and feel I'm not a huge fan. Good playing, maybe a better quality phone mic ?

New promo

Pretty good, I'm not sure about the overdubbing for such a promo, some people like "real" piano, even if it's a bit fun.. I won't ask how much you practiced those pieces.

My wife and I are writing...

I'm not a fan of the art form, I suppose it's decent music, and not very easy to invent.

T.

Oh, what the hell. I'll put one up here. Little piece I put together for my son. One of these days I'll have to correct some of the timing errors. Fusion/prog/Sammy Davis.

I like it!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I'm gearing up (literally gearing up with the tools for this) to make regular youtube videos of myself improvising. Spontaneous composition is pretty much all I do now. I'm experimenting with multiple cameras and this first offering is little more than that. Just me working out the multi camera editing kinks. However, this is the first new music I've put online in about a decade. I have to say I alarmed myself at how obese I look on camera. Never suspected a thing from mirrors. I'm taking losing weight very seriously now. Anyway, here's me noodling. Thanks in advance for watching me play.

Carl

Man, this is awesome! :) I absolutely love your techniquethis is grooving. I had the X50, and didn't end up doing much with it, but what you did here is fantastic.

Carl

Man, this is awesome! :) I absolutely love your techniquethis is grooving. I had the X50, and didn't end up doing much with it, but what you did here is fantastic.

Wow, thank you very much. I had all but given up that anyone was even going to watch let alone critique let alone critique favorably. This quite possibly made my whole month.

Carl