Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Mixing / Mastering

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All tracks dry please. We'll process and effect here. A SLIGHT touch of compression when going in would be okay, but I would recommend aganst any heavy processing and effects - we can't get rid of 'em after the fact if it proves to be too much and or doesn't work aganst everything else...

Bunny, your thoughts on the issue?

I'm not an attorney, and i can't give anyone any legal advice. It would be nice to have a CPA and a lawyer onboard to help us with some of those sorts of concerns.

One thing I did mention to Bunny is that we should probably all sign releases, stating clearly that any and all contributions made to this project are voluntary and for charity, and that we release any financial and ownership interests in the project.

As far as US copyrights go, I have the forms and I know how to file them... but we'll need signatures from all contributors in order to file them.

Again, an attorney and accountant onboard as volunteers would be a LOT of help... I know diddly squat about international charity laws and non-profit endeavours.

I can use stereo interleaved files, and can easily convert them to two mono tracks if needed. Some instruments (the Wurli from DJDM for example) might be nice to have in stereo, while others will be fine in mono - I really see no need for a stereo bass track. :) It really depends on how many tracks we're going to be getting... but yeah, stereo is fine by me. Bunny?

Thanks Phil - I will be sending through a few different synth things plus a string line and maybe organ line. Then you guys can use what you think fits best. :thu:

Works for me mate - I was hoping we'd get some keyboards too. :)

Tedster's doing lead vocals, right? Ideally, I'd like three or four passes of those, so I can do some comps - ideally I'd like enough so I can comp a solid pair for doubled lead vocals. Bunny, Fox and I can probably do any required last minute guitar overdubs, percussion and BGV's if needed here, and Bunny (MAN I hope you can make it down Bro!) is going to do the drums down here.

That sounds great Phil. Here's a big ask - if Bunny and FoxTick do come down, can you guys gety some photos? If the media start getting interested we are gonna need some pics for the website.

Any other contirbutors should also maybe post pics of themselves in their home studios?

I agree, pics can only help the case, show the faces behind the effort, show that real people are doing this out of themselves to aid others.

More site appropriate content is good too.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Works for me mate - I was hoping we'd get some keyboards too. :)

Tedster's doing lead vocals, right? Ideally, I'd like three or four passes of those, so I can do some comps - ideally I'd like enough so I can comp a solid pair for doubled lead vocals. Bunny, Fox and I can probably do any required last minute guitar overdubs, percussion and BGV's if needed here, and Bunny (MAN I hope you can make it down Bro!) is going to do the drums down here.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Cool...live drums, three or four passes on the vocals...dry...going out to try now.

Listen, uhhh...Houston, we have a problem. Not a big one, but, because of the way I have to record and post to the web between buildings on two different computers, it really would be easier for me if the click came from me. If that's a problem, just shoot me. I'm going out to finish really quick.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Actually, Ted, in the best case scenario, I'd like you to record your tracks along to this click track, so I can implement a tempo grid:

Fear - click track drums. <---link

This is just a drums click track, with no guitars or other instruments - I originally posted it up yesterday.

I'll need to use a tempo grid for this project to get all these tracks to line up properly. If you start a new click track, Ted, that's gonna throw off all the tracks that people have already recorded to my click. D'oh!

He called me the other night, but I can't seem to find it listed on my caller ID list. :(

I wouldn't worry about it TOO much yet - as long as he gives us his stuff, and it was done at 133 (which I believe he already knows about) we should be fi9ne. We may need to get a copy of his click track too, but I doubt that will be a problem. Heck, I don't even need his click, as long as he recorded it to a 133 click and references all of his files to measure 1, beat 1 ("zero" on the DAW timeline).

Hiya,

Have just put forceman's track in the pub directory on my server - am presuming you won't have been able to access anything in the incoming directory. :thu:

Not sure yet. Late afternoon?

Hey, if you drive, I'll pay for all the gas and beer and other goodies. :) If I drive, I have to leave Shannon with the two kids and no car. :eek:

Still trying to work this out. Is your DAW recognizing the dongle yet?

Archived