Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Mixing / Mastering

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok - let's make a call on this right now. Bunny, can you and Fox Tick do the deed? Phil is busy next few days anyways and is happy to be involved on the writing side. Sound ok to you?

Seeing as a song isn't even written yet, we (I) still have time to prepare....to figure out why my DAW isn't working... :(:(:cry:

I turn on the power and the fans run at full speed (which they do when the machine is first powered up, but then they imediately go into 'silent mode') and there is no video, there is a clicking noise when I press a key on the keyboard, that's about it...

please let the audio card be ok

No mixing or anything is happening under this roof until this problem is resolved....looks like I'll be troubleshooting tonight.. :evil:

0096 2251 2110 8105

Just to give you an idea of time frames, I think Shars needs at least a rough demo of the song within 48 hours...

How you doing over there Tedster :D

Update:

The system HD is fried, the data drive (the one with all my aduio files) seems to be OK. The mobo is fried and two out of three DIMMS are dead (I had 512, now I only have 128)...something went horribly wrong to cause this. I don't know what..but it's bad.

I have a spare box and an extra HD that I'm transplanting to right now. Windows is installing as I write this. Hopefully I'll have a DAW running by tomorrow.

0096 2251 2110 8105

Good luck with the system Fox... sorry you're having problems. :(

As I said on another thread, I wasn't trying to edge in on Bunny's mixing (or yours FoxTick), so please don't think I was doing that. As I said on the other thread, it's your mix to do Bunny - and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can - including the use of my studio (you mixing, me assisting) if you want / need it.

Just let me know. :wave:

BTW, you're welcome to come down too Fox! :wave: And if we need some California contributors tracked, I'll make the studio available for that too. I may need a day - two max - in order to get the day open, but I don't think this is going to be something we're going to have to have done overnight or on a specific day - although do understand the need for speed.

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Good luck with the system Fox... sorry you're having problems. :(

As I said on another thread, I wasn't trying to edge in on Bunny's mixing (or yours FoxTick), so please don't think I was doing that. As I said on the other thread, it's your mix to do Bunny - and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can - including the use of my studio (you mixing, me assisting) if you want / need it.

Just let me know. :wave:

Phil, the thought never crossed my mind of you wanting to edge in... I know you'd do a great job of mixing and I know Bunny can do a great mix too. I'd be more than happy to be an extra set of ears if need be. At the rate things are going with my rig, I doubt any mixing is happening here.

Even though my DAW is up and running again..... Nuendo isn't seeing the dongle :mad:

I've been down this road before, it ain't a smooth one. I do have that free Tracktion software I downloaded, and it works. If it's all the same, send me drums and bass and I'll phatten them up for ya :cool:

Anyway, I'll be over at the Nuendo forums if you need me...

0096 2251 2110 8105

Originally posted by nursers:

Hey Phil, can you PM me your phone number if you're happy to give it out? I'm hoping to phone you and bunny today :thu:

Check your PM's mate... or just go to my website (in my sig line) and get 'em there - they've never been any big secret. :)

BTW, the "360" number is now area code 951, and yes, I HATE it when they change our area codes! :mad:

Talk to you soon brother... oh, I'm in a session tonight from 6pm until the wee hours, so if you can't call before then, you may want to do it tomorrow instead... or if it is something fairly short (5 minutes or so) I can take a break from the session and talk to you tonight. :)

Sorry, then I'm out then. :( I have a uncancellable session tonight, and seriously doubt Bunny will be able to get here in the next 12 hours.

Is everything even ready to mix? :confused: Lyrics done? We can't do our end until those things are done. :)

Friday would be best for me... and I'm still willing to house and host Bunny and Fox, but we're going to need the tracks and stuff finished first. If that's all already done, and it MUST be mixed before the next 12 hours, maybe Bunny should do it ITB.

Sorry... :(

Here is a click track with drum sounds for people to play along with.

Fear - click track. <---CLONK IT!

It's a 133 bpm. It has one measure of silence at the beginning, then the intro click starts. The click has two measures (eight clicks) included before the eight measures (32 clicks) of the intro. That sounds complicated, but it's not. The form is exactly like Tedster's demo.

I can add a scratch guitar later tonight if my power deosn't go out. We're expecting a heavy rain storm here this evening, so I may be forced offline.

Archived