Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Mixing / Mastering

Fil

The website and song will be released on Sunday.

Phil, Foxtick, Bunny are meeting tomorrow to start working on mixing etc so there isnt long.

Someone here please give Fil the ftp link so he can get into it and I think you would be great on backing vocals behind Teds main vocals.

Gows that sound Fil?

Guys please give Fil all the info/help he needs please.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I am posting an .shn file on the server for the backing..Hope it is of use and best of luck with the mixing..I will be around tommorrow morning GMT, so later.

Peace.

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

I know you think you know what you thought I said, but what you think you thought I said isn't what I ment!

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

I'm not so sure Mixerman wants to come over here - I'm using Pro Tools. ;)

That's ok - he only hates the Alsihad system :D

Lads,

When you eventually encode an MP3, could you ensure that the filename is tearsweshare.mp3 please? Not sure what encoding app you use but thought it might be one where you enter all the info prior to encoding ;)

Sorry if I'm telling you how to suck eggs :D

Originally posted by Tedster '05:

Might be a few "finishing touches" yet to go, Shars.

Sitrep:

We're going along pretty well folks.

Bunny and Fox got here pretty late - close to ten. Songrytr also came over. We kept at various things until about 6:30 AM, then conked out. Just hitting some biscuts and gravy, bacon and eggs and then we're headed back out to get back at it.

We hope to get it all done today... but IF it runs over, I may just reschedule my Sunday session. Bunny and Fox have to leave by 1 or 2 tomorrow, but I'd rather not try to master the same day we mix. I'd rather take an extra day - or even two if needed, than "rush it out" and have it suffer from a quality standpoint. Again, I certainly understand the need for speed, but I think that needs to be balanced out with the desire to make something of good quality too. :)

Here's what I need: Fil, welcome! I don't see your BG tracks on the server... what's the file name?

Anyone else with BGV vocal submissions, please get 'em online ASAP. I think Kylen was considering doing something?

We still have not gotten to comping any solos, so there's still some time - if you hurry folks - for any last minute submissions. I'll try to get back in here every so often to check the server. And I have my phones if anyone needs to call me.

Gotta run - the boss (my wife) is cracking the whip and I guess breakfast is done. Rush, rush, rush... ;)

We'll check back in a bit later! :wave:

If you need anything else just shout, I did that in a hurry the quality could have been better also lyrics may have been finalised a bit more since..I'm not sure. if there is a more final vocal track I can sing to let me know asap

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

I know you think you know what you thought I said, but what you think you thought I said isn't what I ment!

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Anyone else with BGV vocal submissions, please get 'em online ASAP. I think Kylen was considering doing something?

Hi Phil - I have another session scheduled with Ratze today hopefully we can get some BGV for your consideration to you in time - my fault.

If anyone could get ahold of DJDM for me... there's a bit of a issue for the wurli part. I like it a lot, but the major to minor E chords don't transition... it stays on a Em for both chords.

DJDM, if you did it in MIDI, if you can just toss that major third in there in the appropriate parts, it would save us a lot of time. Heck, we could take the MIDI part instead of a audio file and import that if you would prefer. Also, is there any processing on it? We dig the basic tone, but it's a little washy.... if there's any verb or anything on there, if you can send us a dry copy, that would help. It's less of an issue than the major / minor thing though. :)

Hey - yes would be ideal to keep lance on there. Also more than happy for Songrytr to do the part :thu: If neither work out let me know - have a few wurly sounds available.

Hi I am posting a new copy of my backing as the fisrt was clipping in places and so whatever..if you like it cool if not no worries.

its going into ftp://ftp.creativeshed.com/incoming/Fear_fil_backing_vox2.shn

Ta!

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

Somehow I missed Tedster's vocalmix3 last night... I'm nearly done with it now. Vocalmix 1 and 2 we've definitely got, as well as his guitar tracks (12 string and rhythm), so you can pull those off. He, and others, may be u/l'ing a few things today (he's in his studio right now - just got off the phone with him) so if you can kind of monitor things and transfer them to the PUB folder as they come in, it would be a big help. :thu:

Archived