Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL thread 2023-2024

Brady added a number of players he wanted on the team in addition to the players that were already there. TB had the best team in the league the first year Tom went to TB and it paid off. The following season they mad too many mistakes in the playoffs and got eliminated. 

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

11 hours ago, ProfD said:

The Tampa Bay Bucs team was already together when Brady arrived. But, that's why he chose to go there. Brady believed that team could win a Super Bowl. He was right.😎

He also forced the Bucs to trade for Gronk.  I don’t know if they could have gone all the way without him.  

• Like 1

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

15 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

"Brady never put a team on his back. He always had a great team/system around him."

That's not true. The first team he played for at New England was a great team. They won 3 SB's with that team.

Brady most certainly put the team on his back in the 2nd half of the SB against Atlanta. He Consistentlydrove the team down the field and won the game.

Brady complained about his low salary as years went on and said the he gave New England a home town discount so the could pay other players. They Pocketed the $$$.

The last year he played in New England he complained he didn't have quality Receivers and the LOST in the 1st round of the playoff. Hoody didn't what to resign Brady so he left for Tampa Bay and put his own team together and won a SB.

Rogers can't do that and he never could.

- You said it yourself: those NE teams were great teams. They won because of the team, not Brady* putting the team on his back.

- The second half in the ATL SB, yes they (not "he" but "they") came back, but that was thanks largely to the the Falcons collapsing, esp near the end when Ryan fumbled the ball away...otherwise that game was over. ATL got complecent and thought the game was over at 28-9 (which included a Brady* pick 6, btw).

- Brady* never "put his own team together," no idea where you're getting that. The GMs/owners did that. In fact he went to TB because he saw what a great team they were putting together and got a great coach in Arians to boot. 

13 hours ago, ProfD said:

The Tampa Bay Bucs team was already together when Brady arrived. But, that's why he chose to go there. Brady believed that team could win a Super Bowl. He was right.😎

Exactly. Credit where credit is due, he chose his next team wisely.

The team That New England had when he first took over WAS a great team. After they won 3 SB, some players retired, some got traded. They went about 10 years before they won another SB.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

13 minutes ago, Geoff Grace said:

Commanders release QB Carson Wentz after one season

This frees up $26,176,000 in cap space for Washington. 

It's official. Let the QB Sam Howell era begin under new OC Eric Bieniemy.

Well, at least until either QB Taylor Heinicke gets re-signed and beats Sam out in camp or the team decides to bring in another washed up vet. 😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Eric Bienemy by all reports is a demanding taskmaster.  He doesn't settle for half-a$$ effort, sloppy execution, etc. and is not shy about pointing out every little thing you did wrong.

If all the talk about Bienemy is true, he will have Howell ready to start by Week 1 of the regular season, barring serious injury to Howell, or Ryan Leaf like antics on Howell's part.

Joe Lombardi managed to get another OC job, this time with the Broncos under Sean Payton.

This might work out for him if Payton is the one calling the plays, like the previous arrangement between Andy Reid and Bienemy.  But if Payton actually trusts Lombardi to call the plays, the Chargers and Chiefs are going to have so much fun playing D against him, because they'll be able to predict each play before he calls it, just like Lions opponents did when Lombardi was their OC.

If Payton & Lombardi can't get Russ Wilson back on track, it's the end of the line for Russ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GovernorSilver said:

Joe Lombardi managed to get another OC job, this time with the Broncos under Sean Payton.

OC Joe Lombardi's gig will be different under HC Sean Payton.

No way HC Payton puts up with predictable play-calling. He'll have the big red button and veto power. 😎

• Like 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

3 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

Eric Bienemy by all reports is a demanding taskmaster.  He doesn't settle for half-a$$ effort, sloppy execution, etc. and is not shy about pointing out every little thing you did wrong.

If all the talk about Bienemy is true, he will have Howell ready to start by Week 1 of the regular season, barring serious injury to Howell, or Ryan Leaf like antics on Howell's part.

I don't recall anything indicating Howell with an attitude even remotely as bad as Leaf's. ? Or were you basically saying it's Howe's job to lose :)

As for Bieniemy, good for him. 

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

It's official. Let the QB Sam Howell era begin under new OC Eric Bieniemy.

Well, at least until either QB Taylor Heinicke gets re-signed and beats Sam out in camp or the team decides to bring in another washed up vet. 😎

You called it some time ago Brotha D!  I just read on Peter King Podcast that Daniel Synder is selling the team, Lock, stock and barrel. NO PARTNERS he's getting out!

Lets hope the Commanders can get a better Front Office and can beat Dallas consistently,

I HATE Dallas.

• Haha 1

No surprise there. Ridder showed flashes last year and Mariota clearly wasn't the answer. 

Apparently Fournette is about to be cut as well, and it sounds like Mixon won't be a Bengal this year. Makes sense; Perine is a better RB.

1 hour ago, bill5 said:

Mixon won't be a Bengal this year. Makes sense; Perine is a better RB.

Perine is a cheaper serviceable RB. The Bengals will save money.

Another team will get a solid RB in Mixon who's capable of making their offense better. A team like the Rams need him. 😎

• Like 3

PD

Perine is more than serviceable and cheap. I saw him multiple times this past year. He looked better than Mixon every time. But yeah, Mixon could definitely help a RB-starved team like the Rams, who flamed out with Akers (they and the Lions have this amazing history of bad RB luck generally, with a few obvious exceptions).

Fournette is being Cut.

RBs don't last long in the NFL.

He was there when the needed him. Time marches on.

RB Leonard Fournette will land on another team.  Possible teams mentioned are the Chargers, Bills or Saints. 

Quite a few teams could use RB Fournette especially if their offense splits carries between two RBs. 😎

PD

I guess this eliminates Jalen Carter as a possible 1st-round pick.

you seem a lot more dialed into this than I am, so I'm wondering how a misdemeanor would affect his draft status

:nopity:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35760585/warrants-arrest-jalen-carter-ex-georgia-star-nfl-draft-prospect

ESPN has its own talking heads already pontificating on what the NFL should do about this.

The stupidity NFL/NFL wannabe players display like this never ceases to amaze me. Even without the potential impact to his career this is insanely stupid, but you have to wonder how many millions his stupidity just whizzed away. All you have to do is not be a moron or thug for about 2 months, but that's asking too much for some. Sadly, he'll end up a multi-millionaire anyway. I doubt this impacts his draft status all that much, but it's too early to really say.

36 minutes ago, Doerfler said:

.... I'm wondering how a misdemeanor would affect his draft status

I wouldn't think very much given that nobody was killed. 

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

12 minutes ago, MAJUSCULE said:

Two people died. A teammate and a recruiting staffer. They were in the other car.

I stand corrected.  Worse than Vick.

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

4 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

ESPN has its own talking heads already pontificating on what the NFL should do about this.

Other than forcing Carter to sit out this draft, the NFL shouldn't do anything until after the trial. 😎  

PD

2 hours ago, JazzPiano88 said:

I stand corrected.  Worse than Vick.

The loss of a human life is worse of course, but the offense committed (wreckless driving)? Hardly. Those two men died because the driver was not only driving wrecklessly (to put it kindly) but drunk. The driver is responsible, not Carter, who is guitly of wreckless driving (I don't recall if he also was drunk), no more. Vick meanwhile is guilty of premeditated crimes so severe and sadistic IMO he should be in a dark cold cell and the key long since thrown out...but instead he got about a mere year in prison and another year in "house arrest" and welcomed back into the NFL. His hometown even gave him a hero's welcome home if you can believe it. 

out in less than 20 minutes

"He was booked on the pair of misdemeanors at 11:33 p.m. ET Wednesday and released at 11:49 p.m. after posting a $4,000 bail, according to online records. An arraignment hearing in the case was set for April 18."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35767921/jalen-carter-returns-nfl-combine-arrest-source-says

:nopity:

I wonder who will be picking up Tua when the Dolphins release him. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D