Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New: Casio PX 7000/6000

2 hours ago, D. Gauss said:

even towards back of the keys? did they fix that?  seem to remember quite a dustup about that on the earlier generation.

It is a short action, they can’t defy physics, so it does not trigger with as high velocity toward the back of the keys.  But we hear from at least one owner earlier in the thread that it is a better action than what is on PXS3000, 3100.  I’m still looking to find one on a showroom floor before making any comment.  The PXS1000 I did not care for at all.  Not very much like playing a piano. ymmv

I do think the sampled acoustic and electric pianos on this newest line sound very good.  The small carry size and light weight are of interest to me in certain situations (where I don’t need anything more than a good AP and EP and I’m moving location 2 or 3 times in a night.  In which case the short keys are a trade off).  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Had a chance to play the PXS5000 yesterday and compare it to a PXS1100 (was right next to it)...honestly, I don't really understand the $500 difference in price...the new action feels a bit different (lighter maybe?) and is quieter, but I actually preferred to play the older action (prefer the surface of the black keys)...couldn't really hear a difference in the piano tone. I know the 5000 has wooden keys, but these 2 keyboards are Very similar.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nicky said:

Had a chance to play the PXS5000 yesterday and compare it to a PXS1100 (was right next to it)...honestly, I don't really understand the $500 difference in price...the new action feels a bit different (lighter maybe?) and is quieter, but I actually preferred to play the older action (prefer the surface of the black keys)...couldn't really hear a difference in the piano tone. I know the 5000 has wooden keys, but these 2 keyboards are Very similar.

👍 that’s disappointing to hear. can you share what dealer is carrying the S5000?  Was at GC today, dearth for keyboards.  Even from Casio nothing but CDPs. 

7 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

👍 that’s disappointing to hear. can you share what dealer is carrying the S5000?  Was at GC today, dearth for keyboards.  Even from Casio nothing but CDPs. 

Just my opinion fwiw…Sam Ash Manhattan has both the 5000 and 7000 on the floor.

• Like 1

I want the Harmonius Mustard PXS-7000 but i need to TRY THE ACTION first.

The official Casio dealer where i live refuses to at least order one unit to her store to "try before buy". Her excuse is: "It won't sell", "overpriced for the market here". To be fair, she's right hence the country is in severe economic crisis and shock right now (worst in the world at the moment). So the only option she's offering me is to special order it for me. Means i have to take the leap of faith here. 

I told my buddy in Florida, a jazz pianist: "I'm gonna give myself till Friday until i call her and make my decision". 

I'm not too picky about keybeds because i'm blessed to be able to adjust to any action (heavy, light etc...), as long as it doesn't suck and lets me do my gymnastics.

We'll see. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keepitsimple said:

I want the Harmonius Mustard PXS-7000 but i need to TRY THE ACTION first.

The official Casio dealer where i live refuses to at least order one unit to her store to "try before buy". Her excuse is: "It won't sell", "overpriced for the market here". To be fair, she's right hence the country is in severe economic crisis and shock right now (worst in the world at the moment). So the only option she's offering me is to special order it for me. Means i have to take the leap of faith here. 

I told my buddy in Florida, a jazz pianist: "I'm gonna give myself till Friday until i call her and make my decision". 

I'm not too picky about keybeds because i'm blessed to be able to adjust to any action (heavy, light etc...), as long as it doesn't suck and lets me do my gymnastics.

We'll see. 

It definitely doesn’t suck and I find it quite fast and enjoyable to play.  FYI. Kraft Music has them and if you hated it you’d be stuck with paying shipping back or a store credit but not the keyboard.  It’s a shame that we have to try/ buy these on faith these days

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ewall08530 said:

It definitely doesn’t suck and I find it quite fast and enjoyable to play.  FYI. Kraft Music has them and if you hated it you’d be stuck with paying shipping back or a store credit but not the keyboard.  It’s a shame that we have to try/ buy these on faith these days

Best and win-win solution is obviously go and play it. But i understand not all stores are available in every corner of the earth :) 

In my case, it's either ordering this blind.............OR......buying a mint condition barely played showroom ES8 that's been sitting there for almost a decade. The latter i have tried and i can safely say that i love the action. But i have a gut feeling that those wood inserts in the 7000 will make it edge the RH3 action. Plus, it's Harmonius Mustard!

23 hours ago, ewall08530 said:

One trick is to buy from a store local to you, which means being able to return it without having to pay for return shipping.  And of course shipping to you is included if the most conveniently located store doesn’t have it in stock.

Which is why GC can be the best place to buy/try a keyboard because of their many locations.

• Like 1

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Combing through this thread and still trying to figure out the differences between 5000 6000 and 7000

Still haven't seen any show up at GC's in Oregon....of course I am curious...the more budget Casios have dissapointed me in the past but I am somewhat of a fan of some of the older battery operated ones from past decades. The CTK4400 ( a rare 61 note board) is somewhat of a go to workhorse for me because it has Rhodes similar to the Yamaha Motif. Bang for the buck.

Some people have stated that Casio is going for the Yamaha P515 market. There is a used 515 available in my area that I am considering. Does anyone know if the 515 is similar to the CP4 acoustic sample?

But back to these new Casios. I don't generally use much beyond acoustic and electric pianos. What are the main differences in the acoustic and electric samples. Would love to find out for myself but there just aren't any around yet.

46 minutes ago, LX 88 said:

Combing through this thread and still trying to figure out the differences between 5000 6000 and 7000

Still haven't seen any show up at GC's in Oregon....of course I am curious...the more budget Casios have dissapointed me in the past but I am somewhat of a fan of some of the older battery operated ones from past decades. The CTK4400 ( a rare 61 note board) is somewhat of a go to workhorse for me because it has Rhodes similar to the Yamaha Motif. Bang for the buck.

Some people have stated that Casio is going for the Yamaha P515 market. There is a used 515 available in my area that I am considering. Does anyone know if the 515 is similar to the CP4 acoustic sample?

But back to these new Casios. I don't generally use much beyond acoustic and electric pianos. What are the main differences in the acoustic and electric samples. Would love to find out for myself but there just aren't any around yet.

The S-5000 is similar to the S-1100.  20 some sounds and you select sounds by holding a button and pressing a key. It has the same speaker system and the main Acoustic piano is the Hamburg Steinway.  The big deal is the improved keyboard action. 

The S-6000 has many more sounds and various acoustic pianos and again the main one is the Hamburg Grand but the Stage piano is very good too. It’s a slightly bigger case and a better, quieter action than the S-5000.  It has some of the Best Hit Pianos & EP’s but not all that the S-7000 has. It has a speaker system that is basically double what is found in the S-5000.  

The S-7000 feature 3 different Acoustic Pianos. The Hamburg Grand (my least favorite), The New York Grand and the Berlin Grand (my favorite). Same action and speaker system as the S-6000   It also has the complete Best Hit Pianos.  

I believe the Casio website has a comparison chart to view.  I went with the S-7000 because I wanted the other 2 pianos but I ended up paying for the beautiful stand that I probably won’t be using.  The S-7000 comes with the stand and can’t be bought without it.  

I have been trying to read up on the new Casio Privia PXS7000 and its little brothers.   As for me, I tried the PXS 1000 a while ago and disliked it in about five or ten minutes of playing it.  I was told that the PXS 3100 would be a better fit for me but never found one to try out.  And here we are with the new line.  While there seems to be discussion comparing the PXS 1100/PXS3100 to the new Privias, there has been no discussion regarding whether Casio is going to update the PXS-5 or the PXS-560.   I own both the PXS 5 and the PXS 560.  Frankly, I bought the PXS 560 as a bridge to buying an updated PX5.  The PX5 was never updated, the PXS-560 has not been updated either and now we have what appears to be an alternative.  The PX5 Operating System was a pain in the ass but i liked all of the sounds created by the user group.  The PXS-560 wasn't campatible with the user group sounds of the PX-5 but eventually some additional sounds were made which were also quite nice.  Frankly, I like my PXS 560 but was hoping for an update. (I always used a second keyboard for mostly organ, string and synth parts).    If this is it, I am a little disappointed.   I believe the PXS7000 line as geared more towards home use and cannot picture using it on a dark stage professionally.  The PXS7000 seems more like a rompler but with some pretty decent piano and electric piano patches.  As for the other patches, I haven't heard a lot of them.  It looks like the organ is still the weak link.  I wish they would put up more examples of the "other sounds."    I am a Casio fan because of the action, weight and size of the PXS5 and PSX-560.  They fit in the back of my mid sized SUV without having to fold the seat down.   This new line seems to be roughly the same size and weight although I haven't compared them closely.  My issue is whether I do nothing and wait for the next generation of pro boards from Casio, Yamaha, etc., or buy the PXS 7000 now.  I don't think I want the baby brother.  It is useless to me as a pro board unless all I am doing is playing piano. (If I am going to go to the 6000, I might as well go to the 7000 and get all of the well done samples of piano and electric piano from favorite songs of the past).  As for piano only,  I have a Yamaha P125  and PXS 560 for that purpose now.  Any thoughts? 

Pretty much.  I use the 560 as a light weight stage piano with a decent piano-like action.  The touch screen is easier to navigate than the 5S but it sounds very much the same if not as deeply programmable.  

I have no idea why Casio hasn’t updated the 5S. It appeared to be a very successful product for them and was the flagship that trickled down into their 1xx, 3xx, 560 etc. models. Through casioforums they know exactly what users would want to see in a 5S successor.   If I had to guess, they sell a lot more 160,360,560 etc. than the 5S - even though the 5S is preferred by many who gig - at least with a band.  

I am also confounded with Casio’s recent obsession with slimness and a short keyed weighted action.    Does it assist them with build cost reduction? Keeping weight down?   I’ve never really been concerned with the depth of a keyboard.  In fact their newest stand for the PXS5,6,7000 defeats the purpose of a reduction in depth as the legs width are wide and keep you from placing it against a wall. 🤷‍♂️  It certainly would be easier for them to get a longer keyed action to play great than convince prospective players to accept a short keyed action as the best they’ve ever made.  Even if they’ve eliminated the jiggle from the previous design. 

I’m still interested to try the PXS5000 or 6000 as a lightweight small piano with good enough action.  But no, these are not a 5S update.   You know it from the design aesthetic and “looks over function” clean front panel.  

3 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

I am also confounded with Casio’s recent obsession with slimness and a short keyed weighted action.    Does it assist them with build cost reduction? Keeping weight down?

Well in the first series of these slimmer keyboards there is virtually no weight saving over their older privias and px5s. The px5s (without speakers) i believe is 11kg so is the first slimline models (but with speakers) so i consider this basically no significant saving.

My Privia PX 330 which has full depth keys is only 11.5kg (with speakers). If a px5s had speakers it would be 11.5kg as its same casing as a px330 comparing to 11kg on a slimeline older model

But for lugging im guessing the slimness helps. And i dont mind a company championing a concept as long as it doesn't disereguard their other designs that made it popular. There is a place for slimline but youll loose an already captured market if you cant see some backlash from older privia owners. Id only consider a slimline if the weight was heaps lighter than an older Privia

I applaude casio trying to create a slim line but not at the expense of getting rid of full key length as I would have expected these lovely wooden keys to be full length. I am impressed by what casio has done here.

Jeremy See reviewed it and gives a good run down on them saying this is his BEST piano to this day but still has a caveat that he would had prefered full length keys. He actual said he had to change his playing style. He loves it but admits to changing his playing style slightly but this may not bother many or be noticed by many especially new players

I can see these wooden keys at longer length being put into casio upright home pianos. Taking a huge market share.

The market is ready for a good wooden key hybrid and this new portable range should have both a slimline model and a full legnth key model on offer perhaps a proper stage piano with full length wooden keys  would give punters a choice.

There is no one who can get the weight down like Casio and a full length wooden key stage piano would not be too much difference in weight over a slimeline as attested to the fact the first slimelines are only half a kilo lighter than their older Privia brothers. 

Edit: How would i have released this new hybrid action.

One slimline piano model (top of line but stand/table optional)

And one full lengthn stage piano 

• Like 1

I believe that having less real estate above the keys is a disadvantage-not an advantage.  What I particularly like about the actions on both the PSX 560  and the PSX-5 is that they are not fatiguing and play like a piano.  Not too heavy which I like.  As for a pro board, Casio should copy Kurzweil and have presets where the player can see everything.  Having presets in groups of four is also not enough.  There should be a minium of 8 and preferably 10.  I do not understand why Casio appears to be abandoning a winning action on the PX-560 line which goes all the way back the PSX 160.  I have learned to play my Roland VR-09's synth action with smaller keys because I did not want to invest in a Nord Electro and found that the Roland board actually does other things better than the Nord.  But I would never play piano on the VR-09.  Shorter keys for the sake of being different seems to be more of a gimmick than anything else.  Casio's light weight boards remain a great choice.  Casio is ultimately going to lose a lot of pro players.  Yamaha is going to up its game IMHO.  The light weight board with decent action is a hit with more of us who don't want to lug around keybaords which weigh 80 pounds in hard shell cases.  Maybe Casio will surprise us and do something on the pro level next.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

last Friday our local store received the 7000 'mustard' so I dropped the pencil andI rushed to give it a try :) Here I 'add my mustard' (german saying ;)):
Look: uff, it's tiny. Especially when it's standing on that 'airy' Casio stand in the middle of the hall :)

Color: very 'extra' - more 'deep'/intense as one expects from pix/vids

Chassis: face-to-face the eye discoveres much more details of this art deco/bauhaus 'architecture' - very special and unique.

Pedal unit: ultra-sturdy. Feels like full metal. Not comparable to cheap 3-fold 'attachable' pedal boxes

++++
Action (haha, everybodies big questionmark): first: playability near the fall board is like on PX 1k/3k action: in a range of 2cm (1") from the fallboard it's not playable. Even when hammering down the fingers it was impossible to reach max velocity. Out of this area it's playable.
The overall feel is _very_ different from PX1k/3k: it rassembles much to Roland PHA-50. When 1k/3k is a bit 'sluggish' (one feels and hears the hammers rebounding against the keys) there is nothing like that on the new action. There is zero tolerances, everything is 'solid', key rebound is fast (and quiet) and repetition (key repetition point is ca. 5mm above down position)  is ultra-fast (absolutely no compare to old PX5s/560 actions). And indeed, it's even quieter than I expected.
Smart or unsmart - 2-sensor does not allow sustained playing above the escapement (for the few human beings able to do this :) )

++++

Grand sound: while on new Roland 'X' models I don't appreciate some overly-sharp 'artificial' timbre in the decant, PX grands (all three) are a rather 'pleasant'. Decay is 25sec for middle-C and ca. 35 sec for lowest C (which is ok). There is subitle decay looping and in some circumstances (certain intervals/triads) it superposes for a bit strange beats  - BUT (!) this is when hunting the loops on my over-resolving headphones - one won't hear anything of it when played via onboard or off-board speakers/PA
++++
EPs:  2-3 'barky'  EPs but the rest is rather 'smooth' - imho that suits the 7k and its customer segment  (I don't see its place in a loud rock/R&B band...)

++++
natural (solo) instruments (violine, trumpet, etc): well ... horror. This is 'unlistenable' 80th sound quality. OK, the saxes might work, they use a lot of blow sound ;)

++++

synth sounds: that's still Casios strong point. Fat. Ultra-rich. Colourfull. But remember it's only 'patches' - don't expect anything like old PX hex-layer synth ;)

++++
UI: very chique ... and 'spartanic':  heavy menu diving and 'confusing' at a 2 hours 'on the go' test without consulting the manual - anyway I don't think it makes much sense trying to customise the PX without using the App.
++++
There had been spontaneous lust for 'tuning' the sounds with 'free MFX' (e.g. on the EPs): unlinke 6k, 7k does not provide this feature - so if one likes modding sounds the only recommendation can be the 6k.
++++

Thoughs: for those who still expect a successor of PX5S/560: forget it. Apples and oranges. The old are 'stage-piano-synthesizers/workstations', the new 7k is not. Simple as this. A part from its main purpose - the living of a stylish flat/penthouse/loft/blabla - one can imagine it as permanent piano in a fashion cafe-bistro, on weddings, accompagniment piano for an elegant chanson/Jazz lady-singer etc. - and in these situations it's THE eye-catcher (the total opposite of all those boring 'technocratic' plastic bombers that we get from other brands) - and there is nothing wrong about it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was just about to look for BF deals on the Yamaha P-515 when I found out about the new Casios last night via the Arizona piano world review site. That reviewer doesn't like the P-515 and prefers the also-new (but hard to obtain) Kawai model a bit overt the new Casios, but didn't provide any useful audio demos so now I'll have to hunt those down if time allows over the holidays.

At least it put these on the radar for me, and the concerns raised at that site over the P-515 dropped it off my list as they're the very things I don't like in a digital keyboard. I like how the Casio uses Bechstein action and provides Bechstein, Bosendorfer, and Steinway samples, but the latter is enough for me, and I think Kawai includes those or do they only do their own pianos?

I'll see if anyone posted good audio demos here; I'm only on page one so far, and refuse to watch the Andertons video as those guys annoy me to no end with their waste of time and how hard it is to focus on useful details when they even provide them. Maybe that other UK store has posted something by now. They usually have the best ones.

EDIT: I see that someone posted Bonners already, but I can't get the vid to play, so will try to find it directly on YT.

A few years ago, I thought I'd get a digital console/upright from Yammie, Kawai, or Casio, but I'm leaning more towards a portable unit at this point, for too many practical reasons to list here. I'm finding the pianos, including extra ones, in my Sequential prophet XL are not cutting it at jazz rehearsal.

Sweetwater and Casio focus almost exclusively on e-pianos, organ, and GM sounds. Useless to me; I exclusively care about the acoustic pianos.

Piano Man's review below:

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

If anyone else had trouble with the original Bonners link, hopefully this one will work (I went directly to the YT site).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Not to get off track, but Bonner's review of the Kawai ES920 may have me sold on that one. As long as I can bear the action. Didn't care much for the ES8's.

In the end, the action matters to me the most, except that I won't use the computer at jazz rehearsals so need a good jazz sound on-board as well.

I am more focused on comparing the PSX7000 and its little brothers to other keyboards which keep the weight and size down.  Think--Numa X Piano, Roland RD88, Yamaha P125, Casio PXS-560, Kurzweil SP6 and eventually SP7, Yamaha MODX+ and Kurzweil PC4-7.   If I am buying a piano as a piece of furniture, then I can see the appeal of the new Privia series.   On the other hand, if I am buying it to play out, I want a board where I can make patch changes on the fly on a dark stage and which has enough depth in its sound department to get me through most gigs.  The quality of the accoustic piano, Rhodes, Wurly and Clavinet patches must be really good.   But that is not enough.  Since it does not appear to be user friendly from what I can see from a stage perspective, that is a potential problem.  As for the less than stellar organ sounds, that might require a second board or hooking into an IPad or computer which is easily doable on the Numa X Piano or the Yamaha YC and CP boards.  Not sure you can easily do that with this board.  If all you are going to do is play piano, the PSX5000 might be a great no frills board which is easy to lug around and transport in tight spaces.  There seems to be an early consensus that the board beats the Privia older 1100/3100 boards.  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 12:07 AM, SonicKeysII said:

Casio is ultimately going to lose a lot of pro players. 

I don't think that the 'pro' market (that we more correctly should call 'gigging musicians' market) is very relevant.

By observation the synth/stagepiano/stageorgan corner of a music store is a very lonly place - clients are usually grouping around home DPs ;)

If any GC in my area is an indication - they’re packed with the lowest end Williams and Casio models.  Venerable Yamaha P-45 and 125. Arturia controllers.  I’ve been able to play MODX+, FA-08 and DS.  One MPC on display one boxed. Some Behringer and doo-dad little synths. No Nautilus, no YC, no Nord anything.  The Sam Ash that used to keep a decent show room was shut down.  On occasion something interesting that’s been traded in goes out on the floor.  

Sam Ash in Manhattan keeps a decent showroom.  Alto in Middletown usually has better stuff. Both are a hassle to trek to.  I’m thinking of checking out a place south east of me called the Music Den on Route 10 in Randolph, NJ.   If anyone has been there - any good?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SonicKeysII said:

I am more focused on comparing the PSX7000 and its little brothers to other keyboards which keep the weight and size down.  Think--Numa X Piano, Roland RD88, Yamaha P125, Casio PXS-560, Kurzweil SP6 and eventually SP7, Yamaha MODX+ and Kurzweil PC4-7.   If I am buying a piano as a piece of furniture, then I can see the appeal of the new Privia series.   On the other hand, if I am buying it to play out, I want a board where I can make patch changes on the fly on a dark stage and which has enough depth in its sound department to get me through most gigs.  The quality of the accoustic piano, Rhodes, Wurly and Clavinet patches must be really good.   But that is not enough.  Since it does not appear to be user friendly from what I can see from a stage perspective, that is a potential problem.  As for the less than stellar organ sounds, that might require a second board or hooking into an IPad or computer which is easily doable on the Numa X Piano or the Yamaha YC and CP boards.  Not sure you can easily do that with this board.  If all you are going to do is play piano, the PSX5000 might be a great no frills board which is easy to lug around and transport in tight spaces.  There seems to be an early consensus that the board beats the Privia older 1100/3100 boards.  

Having owned the Roland Rd88, Yamaha P-125, Kurzweil SP 6 and a Casio PX5S I believe the Kurzweil boards and Casios mentioned are going to give you what you’re looking for with the Kurzweil being strongest in the Organ dept.  I’m probably giving the Yamaha MODX short shrift…I’ve never been able to get along with the Yamaha interface and architecture so my experience is strictly with Yamaha digital P- Series pianos. 

Personally  I would not be comfortable using the Casio S-7000 as a single board solution in a band situation in general. I’m a big Nord user and accustomed to being able to alter and tweak my sounds live, in a band situation and find things easily. There’s basically a button or knob for everything!  But I would not hesitate using the S-7000 as a bottom board with F buttons set up with Piano, Uprigt Wurly, Rhodes,  sounds and my Nord stage 3 Compact on top. 

I wanted a small footprint, under 40lbs, cool looking keyboard with a few excellent piano sounds and a nice action that is fun to play and not exhausting. I’m transitioning away from band gigs to the point where 80% of what I do now is solo piano.  The Favorites piano, especially the electric pianos on the S-7000 are a big bonus. 
Think Wurly on Donny Hathaway, Phased Rhodes on Billy Joel’s Just The Way, Neo Soul Rhodes on Stevie W. tunes. Etc.  

So I’m using 3 different keyboards now 

Kawai ES 520. -stays in my living room for practice and pleasure. 

Nord Stage 3 Compact- Single board for almost all band gigs (top board on the rest)

Casio PX S-7000 - stays in my car and used on all solo/duo gigs. 

I’m on the fence about selling my Casio PX S-3000 but will probably keep as an excellent backup keyboard..

Everyone's comments are helpful.  I am on the fence, meaning I probably will wait until NAMM 2023 to pull the trigger on anything new.  As for GC having a dearth of keyboards on display, that may have more to do with them not wanting to spend money on inventory and supply chain issues than anything else. (Remember, they were in Chapter 11 because of excess debt).   It looks like I will be heading to Manhattan myself to check out keyboards and catch a show.  The last low end board I bought was for my grandson.  Yes, there is a big market for boards in the $250 and under range for home use.  Some of them are quite excellent.  Having started gigging with a Farfisa Combo Compact, a Leslie 147 cabinent, a fender bassman amp, a Fender Rhodes and some version of a Hohner Clavinet/Pianet, I can't complain about all of the options we have today.  My biggest complaint is that the general purpose synths have remained mostly terrible at emulating the Hammond/Leslie combination but even that is getting better of recent date.   My second biggest complaint is over the complexity of the operating systems.  The control surface of the boards need to be more user friendly.  Casio can't do that on the PXS7000 because the goal was to hide everything on the surface and to leave little real estate for knobs or buttons.  

As for me, I don't need my next digital grand to be a piece of furniture.  I have a real Yamaha grand sitting in my living room which is a sheer joy to play.  And it is a beautiful piece of furniture.  It is the cneterpiece of the room.  The downside is that I have to tune it once or twice a year.  

• Like 1

I’m definitely out on this  model at the PXS7000 price point.  Same as with Nord - no way I’m forking out over $2k for an action I’m not thrilled about.  I already know 2cm-1” of poor or no triggering at the back of the keys (PXS1000, etc.) is a pass for me on a premium instrument.  Sure a 5000 at $1200 can stay packed in the car - but so can a $700-800 PXS1100 or ES120.  I’ll stick with the PX560.  Better interface and I prefer how the action plays to the PXS1000.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, franky64 said:

and I'll stay faithfull with 5S ;)

BTW, your sig shows a VR700  - for info: there is an editor for Windows/Mac for easier 'UI',  unlocking of 80 MFX and some more hidden features.

They’ll be interested in a 5S again at some point I hope.  Get that action quieter and remove the jiggle without wrecking how it plays and that’s a win.  

Shoot me a message with the editor you’re using.  I took the VR out for a gig last week.  I’d be interested to see what’s possible.  👍