Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday Moonglow

Thanks to all! I’m honored to officially join fellow KC brethren in the 6-0 club. Didn’t do much yesterday, but Mrs. Moonglow is taking me into the city (Chicago) this afternoon/evening for some food and fun.

• Like 5

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

2 hours ago, Moonglow said:

Thanks to all! I’m honored to officially join fellow KC brethren in the 6-0 club. Didn’t do much yesterday, but Mrs. Moonglow is taking me into the city (Chicago) this afternoon/evening for some food and fun.

Happy Birthday! And welcome to the 6-0 club :crazy:.   And if it's not past your old-guy bedtime :poke:, drop in at Buddy & Pals, Crown Point tonight...:keynana:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

• 7 months later...

This is like those conversations you have with a 22 year old woman in a club where she says "buy me a drink, it's my birthday!" then it comes out later in the conversation her birthday was last month.  

And yes, I am comparing Moonglow to a 22 year old woman.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

8 hours ago, Adan said:

This is like those conversations you have with a 22 year old woman in a club where she says "buy me a drink, it's my birthday!" then it comes out later in the conversation her birthday was last month.  

And yes, I am comparing Moonglow to a 22 year old woman.

Well then you can buy me a drink. :laugh:

I’m not sure why your post made me think of this, but back in the mid-80s-early-90s when I had my night club, my dad and the father of the sax player and lead singer in my now long-time band, were hanging out at a table near the front entrance when some fine young thing walked in wearing a skin-tight mIcro-mini skirt. At that time they were 70+ years old (and both former musicians) and I recall the following conversation:

Sax player/singer’s dad: “Man, we need to get something like that!”

My dad: “Yeah, but then what do we do with it when we get it?”

• Haha 1

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw