Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

2 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

But back to the topic at hand... Just like Al Coda, Stoken6, and GotKeys, navigating to another page in a thread yields a blank page, I always have to then hit cmd-R to refresh, which reloads it properly. (I'm using Brave, which is Chrome-based, on a Mac.)

This problem only seems to happen to me occasionally, sometimes I'll go to the next page of a thread and it will load fine, other times it will just give me a blank page.  For context, I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

37 minutes ago, AnotherScott said:

FYI... The standard themes shows threads with new posts in bold, but the blue them unfortunately does not. See image...

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 3.22.05 PM.jpg

Yup.  Instead of bolding the title, the Soft Blue theme has those little balloons at the front of each topic that are blue if there is new content and silver if there’s not.

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

54 minutes ago, GotKeys said:

This problem only seems to happen to me occasionally, sometimes I'll go to the next page of a thread and it will load fine, other times it will just give me a blank page.  For context, I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

The problem only exists for me on iOS (Safari). MacOS is fine.

Here for the gear.

14 minutes ago, drawback said:

Huh, I've never had this issue on Safari on my iPhone, weird

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

31 minutes ago, drawback said:

Interesting that I've been seeing this problem on Safari on macOS lately. I can't say when it started but I don't think it was happening when we first moved here.

(My macOS and Safari are the latest release versions.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

5 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Yup.  Instead of bolding the title, the Soft Blue theme has those little balloons at the front of each topic that are blue if there is new content and silver if there’s not.

Cool. I prefer the other, but I'm sure I can get used to this.  What does it mean when there's no balloon at all?

(Also double-checking that you didn't miss my post 9 posts up from this one, which had a bunch of stuff in it, since you didn't answer any of it, not that you have to. Which brings me to one other minor issue, though... I had to say "9 posts up" because there's no post number to refer to, or even a time stamp until something is sufficiently old, which makes these references a bit awkward!)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

8 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

had to say "9 posts up" because there's no post number to refer to, or even a time stamp until something is sufficiently old, which makes these references a bit awkward

The timestamp at the top of each post is a hyperlink - it would typically bring you straight back to the same post you're looking at, but right-click and "copy link" and you can then refer to it in other posts. Does that help?

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

Cool. I prefer the other, but I'm sure I can get used to this.  What does it mean when there's no balloon at all?

(Also double-checking that you didn't miss my post 9 posts up from this one, which had a bunch of stuff in it, since you didn't answer any of it, not that you have to. Which brings me to one other minor issue, though... I had to say "9 posts up" because there's no post number to refer to, or even a time stamp until something is sufficiently old, which makes these references a bit awkward!)

Not sure about the no balloon thing.  I suspect it means new topic with no responses.

Re: your other question I have not had the time to research a solution yet.  Sorry…:hider:

I just did though.

FWIW, researching a solution entails me going to Invisions’s help forum and either starting a new thread (as I did in the above link) or searching to try and find an existing one.  I imagine anyone can join their forum and ask questions, though…

dB

To me, the blue scheme seems to behave like this:

No balloon = nothing unread, you have not replied to this thread.

White balloon with check mark = nothing unread, you have previously replied to this thread.

Blue balloon = unread messages. Check mark or no depends on previous reply.

• Like 2

Moe

---

13 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Did you guys see the MPN1 theme I customized?  Light text, but a dark background courtesy of one of Ken Lee's photos.

Hi dB, do you mean that the messages text appears light and the background dark? (do not see that, I see dark text on white background) or are you referring just to the header in the main forum page?

5 minutes ago, Mr -G- said:

Hi dB, do you mean that the messages text appears light and the background dark? (do not see that, I see dark text on white background) or are you referring just to the header in the main forum page?

No, I meant the text boxes are a light theme (dark text on light background), but the background image is dark.

Sorry for being unclear.

dB

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 1:48 PM, AnotherScott said:

I miss that the search doesn't include a filter for author anymore. That made it simpler to find something I'd posted in the past, or something where I remember who it was who said it. Similarly, the page that shows my own posts now only goes back a short while. And I used to use the "Print Thread" option to search a thread for my own posts (by simply using the browser's own Find function on that screen), but even though the search function lets you search a single thread, it doesn't include poster's names in that search. And google searches of this forum aren't working right. So my oft-used ability to reference things I've written in the past is kind of obliterated at the moment, almost no matter which angle I come at it from. I don't know if there's any way to address it... or maybe there's some facility I missed?

I found something... If you hover (but don't click!) over a poster's name as it appears to the left of the post, there will be a pop-up with an option to "Find Content." This allows me to see many more of my recent posts than I can see when simply viewing my profile (i.e. by clicking where I said not to click, or from the top right of the window)... in fact it lets me see all my posts. It doesn't seem to be searchable (or downloadable for offline search), unfortunately. But it's something, at least I can quickly get to stuff I've written recently.

• Cool 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

3 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Did you guys see the MPN1 theme I customized?  Light text, but a dark background courtesy of one of Ken Lee's photos.

The background photo looks a bit odd on mobile - I need to get a higher res version from Ken.

dB

This is my default theme. I have not switched since it was available. :cheers:

• Like 1
:nopity:

25 minutes ago, MathOfInsects said:

My MPN1 looks like this--dark text on light background. This screen shot includes the "background behind the background"--all white.  Is it different for others?

See what happens if you make the window wider. I get what you see when my window drops below a certain width. (desktop)

Just now, Dave Bryce said:

As previously mentioned re: MPN1 background photo - I need a higher res version of that picture from Brother Ken.

dB

I don't have a photo. Page top and bottom have a photo, but the background of the page proper is just white.

By the way, FWIW I still find the thumbs-up confusing, and still think there's nothing to lose by just also making it the first choice on hover. 

HOWEVER...I notice that's only true on desktop. On phone, the vertical cascade would actually be MORE confusing with a second thumbs-up right above the first. 

Not sure what that adds up to... :) 

• Like 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

2 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

No change, the page just stretches.

Maybe you haven't made it wide enough? I see it once I make the window more than about 1500 pixels wide.

16 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Figured out how to get the KC banner back on the Topics page.

:keynana:

dB

Now that you have placed Keyboard banner to the left, would it be possible to position it above explanation and use it in place of text "The Keyboard Corner?"

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

1 hour ago, 16251 said:

Now that you have placed Keyboard banner to the left, would it be possible to position it above explanation and use it in place of text "The Keyboard Corner?"

No, or I would have done it. 😀

I can place it above the description, but it looks goofy.  Same with centering it.  The text forum name is a different type of field, and is required as is.

I spent hours messing with this yesterday.  😬

The banner shows in the main forum listing page as well, which bums me out that none of the other forums have banners.  Looks odd we’re the only one… 🤔😳

dB

1 hour ago, Dave Bryce said:

No, or I would have done it. 😀

I can place it above the description, but it looks goofy.  Same with centering it.  The text forum name is a different type of field, and is required as is.

I spent hours messing with this yesterday.  😬

The banner shows in the main forum listing page as well, which bums me out that none of the other forums have banners.  Looks odd we’re the only one… 🤔😳

dB

NBD. It is just my self diagnosed OCD about desktop design. My brain is still trying to decide where banner looks best. :wall:

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

2 hours ago, 16251 said:

NBD. It is just my self diagnosed OCD about desktop design. My brain is still trying to decide where banner looks best. :wall:

You and me both!!!!  🤨 

I'm tellin' ya - hours lost yesterday on this.  I figured centering the banner would look awesome...it kinda doesn't.  Tried it above and below the description.  Tried centering both, then had to try centering the text on the other forum descriptions...looked awful. 🤦‍♂️

The fact that we're the only forum in the main menu with a banner is really bugging me.. :pop:

dB

• Like 1

hey dB, now that you know how to do it, if it is bugging you, maybe take it back down for a minute. Might help you decide whick way you like better until you can eventually (hopefully) figure out how to do it for all of the forums. Just thinking out loud here

:nopity:

9 minutes ago, Doerfler said:

hey dB, now that you know how to do it, if it is bugging you, maybe take it back down for a minute. Might help you decide whick way you like better until you can eventually (hopefully) figure out how to do it for all of the forums. Just thinking out loud here

Nah...I like having it up there too much. Besides, not so many people go to/browse the front page where the forums are listed, historically speaking.

Besides...at the end of the day, I'm not the mod for those other forums... :idk:

dB

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 4:35 AM, Al Coda said:

Since today, I cannot use "<<" (1st page), PREV and page numbers anymore to go back when I typed a post and submitted.

Also not "<-" and "->" in Firefox´ task bar.

When I use all mentioned above, I get a blank white screen and have to launch KC all new.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:48 AM, AnotherScott said:

Just like Al Coda, Stoken6, and GotKeys, navigating to another page in a thread yields a blank page, I always have to then hit cmd-R to refresh, which reloads it properly. (I'm using Brave, which is Chrome-based, on a Mac.)

Problem found with Invision’s help.  It was a setting in each of the custom themes.

Should be fixed.

dB

• Like 3