Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

....annnnnd we're back...

Dave Bryce

4 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

I'm noticing that all of Google's results that come up when I search for a topic on this site via Google itself all end with the "Something went wrong. Please try again." page that I got from the old forum link. I'm sure this is because the actual urls have changed slightly, but it's bound to be annoying for folks looking for topics and seeing links to this forum.

Eventually Google's crawlers will catch up :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Nursers said:

Eventually Google's crawlers will catch up

Eventually the built-in search will work and we won’t need to use nor suggest using an outside search engine. 

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

4 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Look under the FB and IG logos all the way at the bottom.  Next to CONTACT US, above the copyright notice.

dB

I'm using FIrefox... At the top of the screen I do see a gear icon that says it controls Darkmode, but it does nothing...

KC_Darkmode.png

Re: the one at the top - that probably controls the one I found yesterday that I didn't like.  I disabled it, so I'm not sure why the button would be up there still for some of you.  I don't see it...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Okay, I turned the one at the top of the page back on.  It works backwards - on when it says off - and on my browser it flashes to light mode for a sec every time I load a page.

It also messes with some other controls near it, so I disabled it again.

dB

@Dave Bryce - Themes might only be enabled for Admins. You should double check permissions for Members. 

• Like 1

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

40 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Okay, I turned the one at the top of the page back on.  It works backwards - on when it says off - and on my browser it flashes to light mode for a sec every time I load a page.

It also messes with some other controls near it, so I disabled it again.

dB

Firefox,- the switch is on top and doesn´t work.

Going back ´n forth pages results in landing at the bottom of a page,- not at 1st post of that page.

Should be fixed too, please.

A.C.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Al Coda said:

Going back ´n forth pages results in landing at the bottom of a page,- not at 1st post of that page.

Should be fixed too, please.

If I understand correctly what you're looking for, I see three options in the Admin CP:

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the latest comment
  • Take me to the beginning

It says you can customize that in your account settings.  

dB

56 minutes ago, Mike Martin said:

@Dave Bryce - Themes might only be enabled for Admins. You should double check permissions for Members. 

I can't find a toggle for that...

I do know the other admins can see it, so this does seem likely though.

dB

I logged out and back in and do not see FB, Twitter, etc. So then it occurs to me to turn off Addblock Plus. Presto! FB, Twitter logos appear...but still no Themes. I turned Adblock back on and they disappeared, so Adblock may figure into the equation somehow, though that doesn't explain why Themes are still missing.

I have no suggestions, only observations. I need to get back to rebuilding a blown-up Threshold amp and will leave this stuff to you experts. I'm a mainframe computer guy, not network. Network crap makes me crazy.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Okay...

I fixed the logo in the corner.

I made the DarkMode thing at the top that wasn't working go away.

I replaced the heart in the LIkes with a Thumbs up.

Progress is possible. 

dB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not seeing the theme selector at the bottom either. But the old one at the top is gone at least.

4 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

Eventually the built-in search will work and we won’t need to use nor suggest using an outside search engine. 

I was thinking more for folks just looking for info about X keyboard where Google will show a thread about it from this forum.

5 hours ago, Dr Nursers said:

Eventually Google's crawlers will catch up :)

That's my hope. I'm sure it will take a while.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

12 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Majuscule has it right, I’d guess - you’re using a link to the old KC.  That URL is gone.

Strange... my old pinned link was working fine until it went down last night(I assumed the whole site was down), and it still wasn't working this morning, but now it's working again. 

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)