Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Studiologic Numa X Piano

thomsurf

In this particular instance, the piano is responding differently across a group of 5 notes - and only on one set of samples (Italian Grand)- which suggests it's not related to the pedal.

Gianni has responded already and said he'll investigate and look for a workaround. The obvious one, of course, is to dispense with half-pedaling and switch to continuous.

12 hours ago, voxpops said:

Gianni has responded already and said he'll investigate and look for a workaround. The obvious one, of course, is to dispense with half-pedaling and switch to continuous.

I meant switch off continuous!

• 1 month later...

What is the consensus on the gobal EQ settings? I’ve played around to find a good spot, but curious where others have landed? 

Also, has anyone figured out if you can turn a zone on and off with a pedal? 

Downloading it tomorrow. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Put the new Studio D offering through a quick workout this AM on my Numa X 73.  Impressed.  Very rich sound, evenly responsive, consistent graded decays top to bottom, no sloppy sample switches or looping I could detect.  IMO clearly a step above all of the other current AP options on the Numa and worth the 360MB's.  I think it will hold up well either for solo use or in a band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, counterpoint said:

Put the new Studio D offering through a quick workout this AM on my Numa X 73.  Impressed.  Very rich sound, evenly responsive, consistent graded decays top to bottom, no sloppy sample switches or looping I could detect.  IMO clearly a step above all of the other current AP options on the Numa and worth the 360MB's.  I think it will hold up well either for solo use or in a band.

Love Studiologic and the Italian MI manufacturers. Constantly updating and improving their products (for FREE!). You don’s see Yamaha, Korg, or Hammond/Suzuki doing this.  

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I posted this on another forum:

Studiologic have silently released a new free piano sound that can be uploaded to the Numa X piano and it’s a Steinway D! What is more, it’s their largest library so far at 360 MB, compared to the previous downloadable pianos at 93 MB, so it’s almost four times larger. I’ve just installed it and played a bit with it and I can certainly say it’s their best piano so far, it’s much better than any of their existing piano sounds for the Numa X. That’s just unbelievable! Very playable and balanced, with a great dynamic range and timbre variation, sparkling and spacious treble, deep and velvety bass. Sure, it’s not comparable to software pianos but I’d say it’s a great step forward for Numa owners 

I only noticed a noisy attack in one of the velocity layers of the middle G note. I will contact Gianni, hopefully they can fix it.

I just loaded it into my Numa X and it is AWESOME!  Also, the new Movie Strings and Brass are great too! All this for FREE!  So glad I bought the Numa X.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HammondDave said:

I just loaded it into my Numa X and it is AWESOME!  Also, the new Movie Strings and Brass are great too! All this for FREE!  So glad I bought the Numa X.  

Yeah, it's really good. If they could bring the Japan and taperec offerings up to this level of clarity and improve the wurly and cp80 sounds, that would do me. 

39 minutes ago, SLHQC said:

Yeah, it's really good. If they could bring the Japan and taperec offerings up to this level of clarity and improve the wurly and cp80 sounds, that would do me. 

actually I got a good wurly sound by adjusting the eq and overdrive on the patch. Plus adding tremolo. 

1 hour ago, SLHQC said:

There is a new Japan piano sound that is pretty good too!

I just got a reply from Gianni that the team is going to check the faulty sample I reported and confirmed that the new sound library was actually posted by mistake and is not yet finalized which is why they haven't announced it and why it may still be unpolished. Apologies, it was probably my mail that brought to their attention that people were downloading and installing the new piano without that being their intent and they brought it down 😕 But I'm sure they will re-upload it soon when it's released officially.

I see there's been universal praise by people who have already installed the library, we're all blown away by the new Steinway D, it's certainly their best piano so far. Kudos to Studiologic!

10 minutes ago, CyberGene said:

I just got a reply from Gianni that the team is going to check the faulty sample I reported and confirmed that the new sound library was actually posted by mistake and is not yet finalized which is why they haven't announced it and why it may still be unpolished. Apologies, it was probably my mail that brought to their attention that people were downloading and installing the new piano without that being their intent and they brought it down 😕 But I'm sure they will re-upload it soon when it's released officially.

I see there's been universal praise by people who have already installed the library, we're all blown away by the new Steinway D, it's certainly their best piano so far. Kudos to Studiologic!

oops, that could take a while, knowing italy. ferragosto is coming soon…

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

2 minutes ago, TomKittel said:

oops, that could take a while, knowing italy. ferragosto is coming soon…

Indeed, he said that they are going to have holidays and their official plan was to release it "in a few weeks". Unfortunately I deleted the downloaded library from my Mac and even from the trash can, so it's only uploaded on the Numa but someone else might still be keeping the file and upload it somewhere for us to test. But again, it's probably an unfinished version of the library.

I still have the zip files so if you have Numa Manager, I can send you the files to upload. IM me privately. 

11 hours ago, CyberGene said:

I wonder if they're intending to compress it down to sub 100mb, thereby sucking the life of if it... 🤔

• Like 1

Cool, new sounds!  Excited!

HELP NEEDED:

I’ve got the x73 and after not playing it for 6 months one of the treble notes, C5?, is not sounding.  Is this common?

It’s been sitting there, covered, waiting to be played, so I’m not sure how an unplayed keybed stops playing one of the notes-

Thanks,

Randy

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win11 laptop // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

52 minutes ago, kenheeter said:

Spending lots of time playing the new Studio D piano on my Numa X 73.  It just feels and sounds great.  The TP110 action is wonderful with this sound.

Really looking forward to that, I guess they still haven’t got it ready.

Email to Gianni about C5 not sounding- he suggested playing it fast, perhaps it’d knock whatever debris got on the sensor.  Yes indeed, it works now.

Coming back the X73 after 6 months away- it’s operation is so accessible!  Love it!

Randy

2 hours ago, kenheeter said:

Spending lots of time playing the new Studio D piano on my Numa X 73.  It just feels and sounds great.  The TP110 action is wonderful with this sound.

Any chance you could send it my way?

A rvalued forum member sent me the Piano D file, thank you! I am impressed, indeed the best Numa X piano so far. But you have to adjust the settings a bit to your taste. In my opinion, with the factory settings it sounds a bit tinny like in a can. Pictures of my settings attached if someone wants to check it out.

IMG_4009.JPEG

IMG_4008.JPEG

BTW I find that the Compressor FX in the Numa X doesn't do anything. No effect at all, no matter which settings. Is it a bug or a feature? Has anyone else tried the Compressor?

Thanks Tom for the download, the D does sound quite rich and full!!!  It takes me awhile with good piano tones to know their strengths and weakness.  So far it sounds balanced up and down the octaves.

Haven't tried the compressor in awhile.  Still wondering what the heck the Duplex does-

Randy